Do you have strict supervisors for your HSC exams? Yes or No? (1 Viewer)

Are your HSC supervisors strict?

• Yes

Votes: 27 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 126 82.4%

• Total voters

orseyy

HSC
Ours were so lenient... Too much so, people had there phones with them, and this one kid asked to go to the toilet so he took 3... 3! phones out of his pockets put them on his desk and went... The supervisor said nothing, he came back and put them back in his pocket. And when the exam is over everyone gets up and runs around...

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Question

Say at the begining of exams, say 5-10mins in can you raise your hand and just ask for extra booklets even though you may not use them?

orseyy

HSC
Yes you can, they can't deny you of more booklets. If they do, they are doing something wrong and you can complain (after the exam).
Question

Say at the begining of exams, say 5-10mins in can you raise your hand and just ask for extra booklets even though you may not use them?

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Current abit off topic but what if you bought in a calculator that was not approved but looked identical to all the approved CASIO ones?

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Current abit off topic but what if you bought in a calculator that was not approved but looked identical to all the approved CASIO ones?
If it isn't an approved one and you get caught, yuo will get in trouble

D94

HSC
N/A
Question

Yes. Someone in the reading time asked for 4 extra booklets.

They actually check the calculators at the start, but it wasn't very thorough though.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Yes. Someone in the reading time asked for 4 extra booklets.
I'll probably do this for every exam.

Can you do it before? Like when everyone is sitting down? I always use many booklets

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
They actually check the calculators at the start, but it wasn't very thorough though.
It's basically the same as any other CASIO with some other negligible functions. It looks identical to the others - what's the penalty?

powlmao

Banned
HSC
It's basically the same as any other CASIO with some other negligible functions. It looks identical to the others - what's the penalty?

Negligible functions??

I would persume if they caught you before the exam with it they will take it off you

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Negligible functions??

I would persume if they caught you before the exam with it they will take it off you
The functions added like complex numbers can't be used for 3U - there's no graphing or anything like that. If they caught me during the exam, wouldn't it be the supervisor's fault for not checking properly?

Elliee

Crazy Kid
HSC
I just tore the relevant questions out of my paper (English paper 2) and threw the rest on the floor...
I imagine that would be punishable by death by our supervisors... a slight rustle of papers and they're hovering over you like wasps!

powlmao

Banned
HSC
The functions added like complex numbers can't be used for 3U - there's no graphing or anything like that. If they caught me during the exam, wouldn't it be the supervisor's fault for not checking properly?
No, it will still be your fault.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
No, it will still be your fault.
Well, that's gay...what the hell is the point of a supervisor...what if...you had the unapproved calculator as a back up but didn't use it?

Approve: Officially agree to or accept as satisfactory.

Where have they stated that you're not allowed an unapproved calculator?

Last edited:

oisac

HSC
When I did it last year ours were so relaxed - the school made it out like they were super strict and would eject you from the exam for any little transgression.
The words of big FIN DOGZ.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Well, that's gay...what the hell is the point of a supervisor...what if...you had the unapproved calculator as a back up but didn't use it?
Still your fault. You shouldn't in the first place bring anything unapproved.

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
Where have they stated that you're not allowed an unapproved calculator?
Well, they're meant to say it at the start of every exam that you're not meant to bring in any notes or paper, mobile phone, ipod (our supervisor includes ipads in the list cause he tries to be funny), an unapproved calculator or any other programmable electronic devices... If you bring them into the examination room, you may have a penalty imposed upon you such as a failure for the course
They tell you that if you have accidently brought one into the room that if you hand it up now there will be no penalty imposed and you will receive it back at the end of the exam

- huh, look at that, I quoted most of that better than I have with any of my prescribed texts for English

a simple google search tells you what sort of calculator you're allowed to bring in
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc_exams/calculators.html

powlmao

Banned
HSC
If they dont?
It is still your fault, it is your responsibility to bring only approved equipment into the exam. I don't understand why you want to cheat? It is simple not to bring unapproved equipment such as calclulators

Last edited:

TorMental

HSC
someth1ng is getting destroyed by a 2012 student! gogo put him where he belongs! alienate and isolate him! he must not feel a sense of belonging by conforming to this forum!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)