Do you have to wear school uniform for your HSC exams? (1 Viewer)

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
lol, same with with "guys have to make sure their facial hair is removed" and our hair has to conform to school uniform rules, otherwise we get moved to another local public school to do our exams :/ (They said they've done it before, with a simple phone call lol) and once a guy had to go to town hall for exams cause he got expelled.

D94

HSC
N/A
Nope.

But the thing is, you've all graduated (ie. alumni), and now under the authority of the Board of Studies and the Presiding Officer at your school (which is just a venue for the HSC), not the school itself.

Anyway, good luck :)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Local RSL club? What the crap? Can't you hear the bells and the ringing whenever someone wins the pokies or something? :p

rainydays

HSC
Local RSL club? What the crap? Can't you hear the bells and the ringing whenever someone wins the pokies or something? :p
Well we don't do our exams sitting at the bar :)

I think there is a private room which we do them in so hopefully nice and quiet. I'm happy to get away from the school where you can hear the sounds of screeming/yelling/running 13/14 year olds who don't understand the meaning of 'exams in progress'.

HSC
Uni Grad
We do ours there too, theres an upstairs private room that we do it in. Only bad thing is that it's next to the chinese restaurant.

HelenaJean

HSC
nope, but we're advised that it might help encourage a studious frame of mind. I can't remember if i wore mine to last years'.
Ours isn't held at the school anway, they're at the local club or stadium (rural school). We don't need any ID; the supervisors generally know us by name from the community.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
nope, but we're advised that it might help encourage a studious frame of mind. I can't remember if i wore mine to last years'.
Ours isn't held at the school anway, they're at the local club or stadium (rural school). We don't need any ID; the supervisors generally know us by name from the community.
wow that's so cool / different to the inner city suburbs way of life.

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
Lol, I know. It's weird because teachers don't agree with it, but the coordinators have the say :/

For trials, like 10 minutes before the exam the coordinator went around checking people's nails, and she was NOT going to let those who had long nails (mind you, it was just a bit of the white part of the nail showing) do their exams - so they had to go and find a way to cut them, which I found so stupid.

Argh, and another guy had a dispute with the coordinator regarding his facial hair :S They were going to give him the no frills shaving thing, and he totally refused.
Long nails? I have long nails to play guitar, I'd tell them to jam it :|

Our Year Advisor told us to wear whatever we want but I was talking to the Business Studies class before they went in as the Principal walked past this morning and said we can't sit the exam tomorrow unless we're wearing school uniform >.<

cpwincess19

HSC
It's not a requirement for us ! thank god , is it going to be cold tomorrow o_O ?

michaeljennings

HSC
Ours did, they even make you shave/keep your hair short.
This is directed to you and the chick who said people had to shave, but why do you have to shave/keep your hair short while you do an exam? I dont understand the reasoning behind it lol

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
We have to wear summer uniform. Hopefully they don't kick me out for having long hair or an unshaved face. I broke my fucking razor!

umz93

HSC
Yes. Our school is very strict with uniform especially when it comes to sitting for exams. Hair tied up (girls), full school uniform, nails clipped, no jewellery, guys have to make sure their facial hair is removed, etc.
Do you by anychance happen to go to sule college?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
presenting yourself well to who though? Youre doing an exam
exactly. You should be able to do it in your undies! It shouldn't matter as long as you don't distract others.
Some guys at my school should not wear undies though due to fatness/ugliness/hotness/worn-out undies/etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)