Do you like it? (1 Viewer)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I've had some friends of mine drop out of university already, and change degrees (basically hopping ship entirely to something completely alternative).
I'm enjoying university life for the most part; how 'bout you?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I like it. It's... very open, spacious and there's a lot more freedom.

Not a lot of hot chicks at UNSW, but I suppose that means it'll divert my attention to my studies =P

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
i am genuinely hating university at the moment. before the year i wanted to do law, but i highly doubt i can attain the necessary wam now..

im like a fish in fking space and i dont know what im even supposed to do

ibbi00

HSC
Uni is the best...

Until assessments and exams are due :$

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I like it. It's... very open, spacious and there's a lot more freedom.

Not a lot of hot chicks at UNSW, but I suppose that means it'll divert my attention to my studies =P
why do people complain about the amount of 'hot chicks' at universities when they never approach/get hot chicks in the first place?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
why do people complain about the amount of 'hot chicks' at universities when they never approach/get hot chicks in the first place?
They create a pleasing ambiance to bask in.

And hey, I approach the hot chicks... sometimes. Though sometimes they come to me. Which is also good! awesomeface.jpg

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
u dont pay up to 30k for 4 years of checking out chicks lol.

also, not liking uni cos not liking degree. too late to transfer, plus eng has better graduate employment opportunities and pay than getting a science degree, so may as well soldier on...

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I'm paying for five years. =P

Though UNSW is like half-Asian so... the really attractive Caucasian woman requires some effort to find. But at least there are some there.

bitumen

HSC
not liking UNSW that much. i feel out of place because i'm not asian.

south campus is also scary and my demonstrators are creeps

B

bro1

i am genuinely hating university at the moment. before the year i wanted to do law, but i highly doubt i can attain the necessary wam now..

im like a fish in fking space and i dont know what im even supposed to do
get ready to fail dumb asian ( which for a commerce student is actually VERY hard). LOL what u finding hard newbs?

Accounting? , because if you are finding ACCT1501 hard then just kill yourself right now, its so bloody easy!.

Also, its quite annoying when you stupid first year students wont shut the fuck up and let the lecturer speak, yes wow, you got your 99+ATARS and you made it into to uni , but it wont take long for you to be taken down a few pegs and realise that you are just a piece of shit. This is specifically directed at the people in the tuesday 12-2pm accounting lecture, but I am sure it happens in all the lectures.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Bloody easy? So what did you get in the Accounting online test 1?

B

bro1

18/20 , still didnt look to see where I lost the marks

its a few little vague questions that got me.

I think I got one really vague one wrong.

The question was something along "collected revenue from a customer of $XXX" , and I counted it as a sale instead of recieving money from accts recieveable, it was so vague, the question was worded really badly.

thats my only problems are really vague questions, that really shouldnt be allowed to be asked on a final exam

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bro1

For example, in last weeks tutorial one of the transactions were "board of directors awarded $5000 bonus to CEO" and I put Debit salaries expense Credit cash , but the tutorial answer had a credit to Wages Payable ( or something like that )

was very vague question, how could anyone tell if this bonus was already paid, or yet to be paid

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
I hate it, wish I was back in primary school.
Same except I prefer high school :p.

To OP: I hated uni for most part, only started to get use to it in the past 9 months (me in 3rd yr) but I would not say I 'like' it by any measure. For me my major barrier is the social aspect of things, i miss the feeling of having a large group of close friends like i did back in hs. At uni all I have is a handful of fragmented 1-to-1 relationships, if it weren't for the fact that I still stay in close contact with some hs friends i probably go insane from loneliness at uni.

You can always do postgrad law which is normally a lot easier to get in, the only question is whether you still want to do it.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
I don't mind some parts. But hating others.

Accounting and Management are both death.

Math is hard, but damn interesting.

Economics is good too.

I think I'll like it more, next sem. Hopefully...

Although if I don't like next sem, I'll probs change to engineering.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
At the moment I'm really enjoying university to be honest.

I'm really like second year accounting subjects (first year were so boring), as well as the other stuff I have to do (business law, economics).

MQ is also fantastic. The environment is awesome and the people I've met through my time here have been pretty cool and really easy to get along with.

I am also considering law at the moment (to add onto this commerce degree), but I suspect it'd be incredibly hard to break into + I'm still not sure how badly I want it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)