• Yes

Votes: 329 69.9%
  • No

Votes: 142 30.1%

• Total voters

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
i actually really enjoy math. probably would have kept 3u if i wasnt lazy and didnt have to pick up two more extensions this year.

ahh well.

but yeah. math is escapism for me.

shaon0

HSC
Continuum said:
Actually, you're not quite correct - he never said that it's impossible to get 100 in MX2 for every test.
Oh ok sorry. I must have misunderstood.

shaon0

HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
and damn hard.

But Namu or you will probably be one of the ones that gets it.
lol....i think you forgot how good the people who get 100 in MX2 are. No offence to anyone.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
and damn hard.

But Namu or you will probably be one of the ones that gets it.
Negative, the most likely candidate is lolokay.

domoku

HSC
I like maths, it's smart and actually pretty fun to do
It's just when it starts getting crazy hard that my love for maths dies down a little..

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
shaon0 said:
No, there are people who can get 100 in MX2, so that's not quite correct.
That's not really 100 as in 100% raw mark - more like 95% raw.

shaon0 said:
lol....i think you forgot how good the people who get 100 in MX2 are. No offence to anyone.

Yeah, true. I reckon only person on this website to get that close would be either lolokay from 09ers' list.

I would be satisifed with anything over 95 (need to beat my mate).

Last edited:

Numbers

Banned
HSC
lyounamu said:
That's not really 100 as in 100% raw mark - more like 95% raw.

Yeah, true. I reckon only person on this website to get that close would be either lolokay from 09ers' list.

I would be satisifed with anything over 95 (need to beat my mate).
Namu, you're too competitive for me liking.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Numbers said:
Namu, you're too competitive for me liking.
Lol what?

I was referring to MX2 in that post. And yeah, I am probably competing against you in 2 Unit Mathematics this year.

Numbers

Banned
HSC
lyounamu said:
Lol what?

I was referring to MX2 in that post. And yeah, I am probably competing against you in 2 Unit Mathematics this year.
Namu, I will back you with my entire estate to beat me by at least 20 marks for Maths.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Let me just paraphrase what I see from the poll:

Preliminary and HSC students generally like Mathematics more than English, right?

But there comes a big bias though. This website has a great proportion of Asian population who tend to favour Mathematics, doesn't it? (I am not being racist, I am Asian myself), so would this be a good poll that indicates the dominance of Mathematics over English in terms of popularity? Or is there a big hole in my judgement?

Numbers

Banned
HSC
Charity F said:
well your judgement's been considered pretty holey in the past...

couldn't resist
lol, maggie looks like an angry god in your picture. :lol:

Numbers

Banned
HSC
Charity F said:
adam?

gimme my halo. naow.
yep, is me, is adam!

halo? HELLO!!!!! WASSUPPPPPP!!!!!

it's been a long time.

EDIT: Ohh, you meant a halo!. i get it. hi anyway.

LORD MAGGIE, HAVE MERCY ON MY SOUL!

Last edited:

Numbers

Banned
HSC
Charity F said:
im a talented baby. is intelligent and shiz.

heck, i can even shoot.

/spamalations
lol. we're both gonna get banned for these spamalations.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
lyounamu said:

Preliminary and HSC students generally like Mathematics more than English, right?

But there comes a big bias though. This website has a great proportion of Asian population who tend to favour Mathematics, doesn't it? (I am not being racist, I am Asian myself), so would this be a good poll that indicates the dominance of Mathematics over English in terms of popularity? Or is there a big hole in my judgement?
Well yeah - this forum is predominantly asian, and yes that would make it a bit biased. However there are some asians who don't like maths as well and there are people of other ethnic backgrounds on this forum, so I don't think the results are biased - I just think that we like maths more (as a whole).

5233andy

HSC
lyounamu said:

lol well I'm of Asian ethnicity, even though I'd prefer it if we all considered each other Australian. Believe it or not, you've probably seen me ramble about this, but I loathe Maths. That's right, I'm of Asian ethnicity and HATE HATE HATE Maths! I love English :), even though my results are only mediocre. Despite Maths being compulsory at my school, I've opted to proceed with Mathematics primarily due to the fact that it is well and truly assumed knowledge for many University courses and might have some relevance to the modern world - albeit a little strange; can't see the significance of sinx^2 + cosx^2 = 1 and its place in society. :uhoh:

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
the premise of the poll is to see whether people like maths, but not necessarily if they like it more than english [imho]. the poll's dichotomous and leaves no room for those who like them equally [this can happen and no it is not self-referential].

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)