Do you listen to music while you study? (1 Viewer)

Do you listen to music when studying

• Yes (often)

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • Yes (occasionally)

Votes: 24 40.0%
  • Never

Votes: 17 28.3%

• Total voters

Bloodstriker

HSC
Recently i've started listening to music while doing work for all my subjects besides math. I find it helps me concentrate and stay on task; I also occasionally listen to a podcast.

Anyways i just wanted to see what your thoughts are on this and whether you listen to something while you study

Galapagos

HSC
N/A
I don't listen to music whilst studying, silence works best for me (music drowns out my 'inner voice').

How do you think you will find your future exams without the background music?

zombies

HSC
Man, these sort of threads always turn up every few weeks or so :p

I like listening to video game/movie soundtracks when studying.

Bloodstriker

HSC
It's only for when i'm writing up notes/answering questions/rote learning.
And i'm obviously going to have motivation to stay concentrated in a fucking exam, lol

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
I think there's too many of these threads along the same lines. But anyways, I don't generally listen to music and study as it distracts me.

zombies

HSC
I think there's too many of these threads along the same lines. But anyways, I don't generally listen to music and study as it distracts me.
I think maybe the mods should sticky a thread on this topic :) and get a poll going as well

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I think maybe the mods should sticky a thread on this topic :) and get a poll going as well
The problem is, the subforum changes with every year. So it would take a lot of maintenance to keep it going across subforums.

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
I used to listen for the first Term of Year 12. Then I stopped and realised that study/cramming was MUCH more efficient without music. Never listened to music again for anything study related (in the HSC)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
The ONLY subject that I can work productively, with music on, is Mathematics. Otherwise, music makes it hard to concentrate.

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
Obviously people are getting sick of all these these study music threads!

ipab

HSC
Man, if its just some type of pop music or like not to intensive music I do, but I listen to hip-hop mostly and that distracts me to the days, i start listening to the lyrics and try to analyse them and shii.

SunnyScience

HSC
I listen to music quite often when studying (radio - hot30countdown 104.1 most nights). I find it really helps keep motivation up. Besides, for the majority of the time I enter that really concentrated state when you forget about everything besides the work in front of you, so it doesn't really distract me. When my jam comes on,
I always get up for a minute and start spaz dancing and lipsyncing to relax a little - Student by day, pop sensation by night.

Sanjeet

HSC
Not for me, too distracting and I can't fully concentrate

Aesytic

HSC
i usually do my work with no music, but when i do, i don't even notice that music is playing :/ might as well just do my work with no music all the time..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)