Do you lose marks if... (1 Viewer)

miss giggles

HSC
In the SC say they give you 5 lines to write your response to a question and you need more space so you write under the lines do you lose marks

raceryt

HSC
nope why are u worrying anyway? u have hsc in 2012

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Of course not. The only thing is that the lines give you a rough indication of how much you need to write. So if your writing heaps more, then you're wasting time.

Sadiah

HSC
In the SC say they give you 5 lines to write your response to a question and you need more space so you write under the lines do you lose marks
Not at all. The markers don't mark you down on doing that, however, it's best to use the lines they provide i.e. the lines indicate that the answer does not require a lengthy response. However, if you wish to write more, try not to waffle coz then your just wasting your time and the marker's time.

Good luck.

FTW

HSC

"Writing in excess of the allocated space is not only unnecessary to achieve full marks but can detract from time needed to adequately answer subsequent questions. The need for quality and not quantity still needs to be reinforced."
"Candidates are reminded that full marks can be attained by using the lines provided for each question.
Many candidates are using far more space to no advantage. Writing more than is necessary reduces
the time available for subsequent responses and therefore may disadvantage the candidate. It is​
important to answer the set question."

These were both responses from the Board of Stuides HSC Markers for the Geography HSC Paper in 2004. It would be assumed then that they would mark using the same way (although alot easier marking seeing as it is the school certificate) in the school certificate.

x-Manda-x

HSC
yeah it is through acceleration but i'm only sitting for maths and science:)
Ahhh, I wish you the world of good luck. I remember sitting for the history / geography school certificate last year (I was so nervous). But this year I'm not as stressed. Hope you achieve your desired marks!

x-Manda-x

HSC
"Writing in excess of the allocated space is not only unnecessary to achieve full marks but can detract from time needed to adequately answer subsequent questions. The need for quality and not quantity still needs to be reinforced."

"Candidates are reminded that full marks can be attained by using the lines provided for each question.
Many candidates are using far more space to no advantage. Writing more than is necessary reduces
the time available for subsequent responses and therefore may disadvantage the candidate. It is

important to answer the set question."

These were both responses from the Board of Stuides HSC Markers for the Geography HSC Paper in 2004. It would be assumed then that they would mark using the same way (although alot easier marking seeing as it is the school certificate) in the school certificate.

This is very true. The board of studies advise you not to write excessive amounts of information after you have completed the space provided. However, you are allowed to write after the lines, just don't over do it!

miss giggles

HSC
Ahhh, I wish you the world of good luck. I remember sitting for the history / geography school certificate last year (I was so nervous). But this year I'm not as stressed. Hope you achieve your desired marks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)