Do you pay board to live at home? (1 Viewer)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I never paid board when I lived at home, I never earned enough money for my parents to think I was getting a free ride. I wasn't a mad bludger, I helped out around the house and cooked and bought groceries and whatnot.

Now I pay rent ye.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
16o per Fortnight.

Sub par meals, lack of utilities, no key.

Fun.

ct92

HSC
my parents are all "we will never ask anything from you, or for you to pay us back or this or that, we are your parents, it's our job to look after you"
My parents are the same. They pay for phone bills and university fees and books and that kind of thing, and top up my bank account as long as I'm not blatantly wasting the money. I think the last part would stop if I got a job, though.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i got an xmas casual job for the holidays, made $1800ish in just under 2 months, now i dont work anymore, but i still get 50$ a week from dad for train and stuff, lol.

"save your money for the future etc"

Funkifrog

HSC
I don't pay board and I have never been asked to. I'm the eldest and do my fair share around the house I do a lot of the washing and ironing, vacuuming and stuff. I help look after my trwo little sisters. Both my parents work full time so I don't mind helping out. In return my parents give me money when I need it with in reason. I will be moving away next year and they figure while I'm living under their roof they will support me and any money I make from my part time job I can save to help me live off next year and the years to come. I think this is fair while ever I continue to help around the place where I can.

Guesss

HSC
Nope!

But obviously when i do start working and earning an income i will help out in general if anyone in the house needs $$$.

The other day my friend said her mum is kicking her out of home? :eek: How cruel No way, im not moving out till im married! :p and i dont think my parents would have it any other way :D

Ben1220

HSC
No way!

I'm certainly not going to get a job while I'm still studying... I barely have enough time as it is! I might work a little in the holidays if I feel the need, but my parents usually give me plenty of money without me even asking. In all fairness though, I've earned their trust, they know I'm very good with money and I'm not going to waste it.

The only reason I would want a job while I am a student would be to have the feeling of being independent, and while that would be nice, its certainly not worth the effort yet.

alax dillon

HSC
This.

Going from a very basic stance:

Phone(landline) & Internet = $60+ a month
Food = $50+ a week (per person)
Electricity = $300+ every 3 months
Rent = $120+ (for a room)

Those are the big four. So say it is two parents + student.

5 + 50 + 8 + 120 = $183 p/w.

If you have foxtel, or any other luxuries, that's more. Also, if you don't help around the house, add $30.

my house is two parents, two teenagers (my sister spends four nights a week at her boyfriends house, doesnt work, doesnt pay rent), my baby brother. i pay fifty a week, have been told to buy all my own food and wash my own clothes. rent is usually one eighty, so im paying more than a quarter when theres five people there, my own food costs about sixty dollars a week. i share a room with my sister. year twelve full time, 15-30 hours a week part time job. no internet, no home phone, i buy my own credit, i contribute twenty per cent of electricity bill. im broke three days after pay day, every week. been doing this for a year and a half.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
I might be paying $50 board per week from next year. Snowball's chance in hell of that happening...

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
my house is two parents, two teenagers (my sister spends four nights a week at her boyfriends house, doesnt work, doesnt pay rent), my baby brother. i pay fifty a week, have been told to buy all my own food and wash my own clothes. rent is usually one eighty, so im paying more than a quarter when theres five people there, my own food costs about sixty dollars a week. i share a room with my sister. year twelve full time, 15-30 hours a week part time job. no internet, no home phone, i buy my own credit, i contribute twenty per cent of electricity bill. im broke three days after pay day, every week. been doing this for a year and a half.
stop being poor

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
never have.. never will. In fact, i'd go as far to even say that my parents need me. They'd prefer i didn't move out asap.

mes ami

HSC
my mother is exceptionally clingy.
tells me she doesnt want us to leave and then suggests i pay board. fuck off.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
my mother is exceptionally clingy.
tells me she doesnt want us to leave and then suggests i pay board. fuck off.
you've only one option.....run :dog:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)