Do you still buy CDs? (1 Viewer)

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
Anyone on here still buy CDs?
I havnt bought any for ages, last one was buying the Shrek 2 album :)

With itunes/other online music retailers/p2p/torrents/etc.. is there really any reason going to a music store and buy CDs??

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes.

when they're $10 on sale at JB

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
depends on how awesome the band is.

so far only cd i've bought is behemoth's ep, slaves shall serve. I read somewhere that its very limited edition, as in only about 1000 copies were released, and i saw it at jb at miranda once, im like holy shit gotta get it!
and ive bought 5 albums on itunes (before i discovered torrents and blogspot).

this year i'll be buying the new behemoth and insomnium album, only because they're both my favourite bands.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I've bought a couple over eBay recently. But I've haven't gone into a store and bought one for ages.

imsopostmodern

cool as a kuhncumber
HSC
spent $50 on cds last week actually.

i buy them because i like having the pamphlet thing that comes with the cd and i like having good quality music with the songs all in order and stuff like that. it just feels better for some reason

r3dn1t3

HSC
Quality for me is the issue, sure you can bun a CD but its not the same.

Also, I like having a CD collection.

HSC
N/A
Yes and no. I like having something physical to look and bring home and unwrap.
At the same time CDs are still pretty expensive with some at 20-30 bucks a piece even for single disc albums so I download if I just want something to listen to when I don't have the money.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
i tend to buy more if they are australian artists only because it makes me feel like i am supporting them financially even if that is not necessarily the case. i do still buy them anyway because i work in a cd store and get a discount but generally i will dl first.

i buy vinyl though

adomad

HSC!!
HSC
you can get very high quality songs off torrents.... buying the music is only for rich people with money to spend..... but i only bought a CD once. it was a rare artist that i couldn't find on P2P and torrents.

Brontozaurus

HSC
I find iTunes more convenient if the CD isn't locally available or if there's only one song I want. If there's an album I want the entirety of and it's available here, I buy it if I can.

Also, my house shares an iTunes account and Mum doesn't like it when I buy entire albums.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I actually did a Marketing group assignment on the issue of CDs being a declining format of music lol. Quite frankly most retailers rarely manage to sell CDs anymore and it looks they'll go in the same path as the cassette tapes...Back then, a lot of the revenue for artists and musicians was primarily from single/album sales. These days artists get pretty much most of their income from live performances and concerts on tour, they don't even get much from digital track sales.

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
I buy Vinyls...

and when I can't afford to or it doesn't come on Vinyl, I buy CD's...
I avoid Mp3s like the plague...

Any compressed Audio isn't worth paying for.

But maybe that's just the musician in me...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)