• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Do You Support the Death Penalty? (2 Viewers)

Do u support the death penalty

• Total voters

Rorix

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I don't support the death penalty.
But i do support harsher treatment of our worse criminals, not just "life imprisonment".
Does the death penalty support you, is the real question here.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I don't support the death penalty.
But i do support harsher treatment of our worse criminals, not just "life imprisonment".
Like what, torture? Corporal punishment?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I mean things like... No TV, No Internet, No Pen Pal type things...
U kno, it's not REALLY bad, but it's still annoying enough...

It's just while i can imagine victims and their families might not want a guy killed, they dun really like the idea of a guy sitting around watching tv.
And before i get attacked from every side... YES, i am very aware that prison is already not a very fun place.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Do the prisoners in those supermax jails get to watch TV and stuff? Thinking about it I guess they would be allowed to read, write etc. I never really thought about it... But really, you can't just lock a person up without anything other than the odd hour in an excercise yard - that'd qualify as sensory deprivation I think.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Monkey Butler said:
Do the prisoners in those supermax jails get to watch TV and stuff? Thinking about it I guess they would be allowed to read, write etc. I never really thought about it... But really, you can't just lock a person up without anything other than the odd hour in an excercise yard - that'd qualify as sensory deprivation I think.
I think they should be allowed to read, the main thing is i think we should completely disconnect the worst criminals from the outside world.
'you're no longer a part of the rest of society'.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Yeah, I can understand that argument. I'm not sure if I agree with it (you can't rehabilitate someone if you tell them that they're not part of society, and we should be aiming to rehabilitate even people serving life sentences), but I can see what you're getting at.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
death penalty

death penalty is totally the way, fear is the best control, people fear terrorism, fear gangstahs, fear bush why? cos they kill and resulting in then having more power.
People are scared to go to non-democratic governments why? becuase they kill!
theoritical it is the rite wat of going about.
if you sentence death penalty for a murderer i can assure before anyone commits a murder they will think twice (they may still commit the murder) .

the only problem the jurisdication needs to be better, it has reduce the number of people found guilt and it must very difficult to prove someone guilty. this is the ideal way...

K

katie_tully

oh yes

fear of the death penalty is really going to detour a psychopath from murdering a few people ... it's worked before. rolls eyes?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
The death penalty isn't enough. The way they do it is too soft. For the death penalty to be useful it needs to be something better than a needle. I would recommend torturing people to death, over 3 days. That way even if it doesn't stop people committing crime it will be a worthy punishment.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
waterfowl said:
People fear Bush because he is a total moron who sits in a powerful seat.
OMG BUSH IS A MORON :Rofl:

It's really lame when people make statements like this although they're a known truth, name calling is so childish.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Everyone says they hate Bush. Most of them for absolutely no reason. Everyone who says they hate Bush should be shot for being stupid cause 95% of them have no idea what they are talking about.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Everyone says they hate Bush. Most of them for absolutely no reason. Everyone who says they hate Bush should be shot for being stupid cause 95% of them have no idea what they are talking about.
I love Bush

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)