Do You Support the Death Penalty? (1 Viewer)

Do u support the death penalty

• Total voters

boris

Banned
HSC
star of the sea said:
i don think u should u should punish murder by murder its not logic
there is no punshment that deserves there life
and if God 4gives if the person repents do u think we have a right not to 4give them
I can handle the volume of trolls circulating this place anymore.

Honestly I can't.

alex1905

HSC
I think that the death penalty should only occur in extreme cases like murder .
I think it is ridiculous that people get the death penalty for drugs, yet murderers or rapists get a couple of years in jail, and leave just to do it again.
Extreme murderers should get it, but all the rest should get life in jail, unless of course they were using self defence.

scuba05

HSC
1st degree murder, firing squad. You fully plan and put into action the killing of another human being, you too should be killed.
1st degree mass murder, a poor hanging(not a clean snap of the neck) or burning at the stake. This is the scum of the earth. They dont deserve to be killed quickly, they should suffer a slow painful death.
Harsh rape etc, depends ont he circumstances. If it was viscious etc in nature and committed by a serial rapist, either castration or firing squad.

Punishment to suit the crime.
Clensing of the gene pool.

2 of the many reasons i hold.
My opinion ont he issue....

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
When I consider cases like that 73yr old Austrian man who locked his daughter up for 24 years - raping her and forcing 3 of the resulting children to live there also...I am for the death penalty.
My only real fear is people being falsely charged - and i think that that is a very real worry. It happens in America alot from what I have read.
Also , jails are very ineffective imo. Putting a bunch of 'baddies' all together in a sort of 2 star motel? Surely something like community labour would be more effective? Criminals form associates in prison! And I obviously cant state as a fact but my impression is that people from prisons do not usually exit better people , but worse. ( a result of being sexually abused by other crims , beaten , and encouraged in certain attitudes)
I think the idea of saving society from the presence of criminals is misguided if it means society is to be punished in 15 yrs or so with people ten times the sons of hell as they were before the prison experience.
I think that the death penalty is a really hard debate to resolve - I can see both sides of it , so i dont think i can vote.

TacoTerrorist

HSC
Then there's no real benefit to executing them, is there?

Obviously won't work as a deterrent. So what's the point?
So after committing their heinous crime they should be allowed to live? There is no real benefit to killing them but he sure as hell shouldn't be allowed to live.

HalcyonSky

HSC
TacoTerrorist said:
So after committing their heinous crime they should be allowed to live? There is no real benefit to killing them but he sure as hell shouldn't be allowed to live.
i'd rather be gassed than spend the rest of my life in jail

But, jail should be a much harsher place than what it is. Pits of fire and medieval torture dildo's must be implemented

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
scuba05 said:
1st degree murder, firing squad. You fully plan and put into action the killing of another human being, you too should be killed.
1st degree mass murder, a poor hanging(not a clean snap of the neck) or burning at the stake. This is the scum of the earth. They dont deserve to be killed quickly, they should suffer a slow painful death.
Harsh rape etc, depends ont he circumstances. If it was viscious etc in nature and committed by a serial rapist, either castration or firing squad.

Punishment to suit the crime.
Clensing of the gene pool.

2 of the many reasons i hold.
My opinion ont he issue....
lol

HSC
Monkey Butler said:
No, there is no crime worth taking another person's life for. It doesn't work as a deterrent, and it just encourages a culture of vengence - the idea that physical suffering/death will bring "closure" to a victim/their family. Because what comes after that? Corporal punishment for lesser crimes? Eye-for-an-eye punishments? Vigilantism?
no if someone purposfully murders someone then they should get the death sentance as with someone who rapes in my opion aswell

Matt Samson

HSC
I don't even support the death penalty for Bin-Laden!

I feel once a person is in custody, death is immoral.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
a prisoner who DESERVES death should live in a dirty cell for decades to feel the sorrow and disgust of themselves instead of just killing them.

death is an escape from that dirty cell. It doesn't benefit anyone except that prisoner themself.

Aprilpeters

HSC
the death penalty is completely immoral and against human rights!
no one had the right to take a life. not even for murder.

that's like treating fire with fire! it doesnt make any sense.

the legal system was established for detterence and rehabilitation!
killing some one MOST CERTAINLY doesnt rehabilitate them.
plus if some one is going to go to the extreme and unthinkable length of WANTING to kill some one (hence having mens rea) WILL NOT be dettered by a death penalty.

why do you think it was removed from the australian legal system?
because it DIDN'T detter. since the year of its removal till 08 serious crime rates which had the death penalty HAVEN'T increased.

the figure remain the same!

SO DON'T SPEAK OUT OF UR ARSES. in my personal opinion any one who supports the death penalty in turn deserves the title of MURDERER.

sexxonheels

HSC
I think that treating fire with fire is good. Like if your a rapist you should be raped. If you are a murdered you should be murdered. If you steal, someone should steal from you.

4unitfreak

HSC
I think that treating fire with fire is good. Like if your a rapist you should be raped. If you are a murdered you should be murdered. If you steal, someone should steal from you.
That doesn't solve anything.
I'm going with no, never.

Aprilpeters

HSC
sexxonheels said:

yes u may think that but you've als0 titled yourself "sexonheels". i must say that gives ur opinion alot of credibility.

Aprilpeters

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
That's right, having an opinion different to you makes me intellectually challenge. I suggest you search the posts made by exphate to find my opinion on the death penalty. Have a read, then come back and see if you think I'm "intellectually challenged".

Edit:

No wait, here:-

http://community.boredofstudies.org/showpost.php?p=2682469&postcount=184
http://community.boredofstudies.org/showpost.php?p=2682563&postcount=189
http://community.boredofstudies.org/showpost.php?p=2754672&postcount=232

Oh but right, I'm intellectually challenged.

so basically ur whole argument is based on cost.

as a comparison, it would also "cost" us less to if we forgot about global warming and stormed ahead with production and economic growth with no regards to the damage we're doing to the environmet.

it's completely immoral to take a life for "convenience".
you dont realise the damage the taking of ONE life does to a DOZEN other lives. it effects every one.

the legal system was established to protect society. laws a reformed to suit the changing values and beliefs of society and the law HAS reformed as society BELEIVES that the death penalty is IMMORAL.

HSC
No i do not personally :/. I think a criminal should suffer for their crime by living every waking day in an isolated area surrounded by the most dangerous people to walk the earth. Yes, im talking about prison

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)