Do You Support the Death Penalty? (1 Viewer)

Do u support the death penalty

• Total voters

Aprilpeters

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
My opinions have nothing to do with economic viability (or lack thereof). I was merely creating context. You seem to have missed this again.

As for the US and Iran, I was creating context, and refuting the claim that the law HAS reformed as society BELEIVES that capital punishment is IMMORAL. SOCIETY and AUSTRALIAN SOCIETY are different ;)
seeing as WE LIVE in the australian society i assumed it would be quite OBVIOUS that I was refering to the australian society

but then again i can c how that can be a common misunderstanding.;)
or have i missed something AGAIN? :wave:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
You're both wrong actually. You assume the crown; you presume the time is about beer o'clock.

HSC
N/A
回复: Do You Support the Death Penalty?

well......I have not read much about this post
but I personally think that the death punishment should be adopted for serious crimes......

but how to define what serious crimes are is another issue......

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
been reading/watching too many docos on people sentenced to death for crimes that did not match the punishment.

also people with really shit legal representation.

i think too, i underestimated what a shit punishment life in prison is.

katerebecca

HSC
If you take someones life, even as a punishment for their own crime, is that not murder in itself?
You cant punish murder with murder. It forms a violent cycle and conveys this extremity of revenge to a naive society.
Plus, do you not think a prisoner, sentenced to life in prison, would rather die than live out his sentence?

HSC
life is something that is so precious that it should not be taken even in the most severe cases. Crime should not be treated with more crime- how does that teach people anything- killing is wrong in any circumstances- what gives someone the right to take a life but prevents someone else. killing is unacceptable for anyone. when there is a death sentence people just become martyrs for their crimes which is wrong- people shouldn't be looked up to for doing something that is wrong :vcross:

E

Empyrean444

Never as a form of retribution. Not even as a general rule. I do believe, however, that some people are so dangerous that they must be killed for the sake of the community's safety (ie where the risk of them escaping and what they would do after is too much to risk - sociopaths, serial killers, sexual predators [they could just be castrated], D) all of the above )

HNAKXR

Wooooooo...OOOoOOOOoOOoP!
HSC
N/A
two wrongs don't make a right?
pretty fucking childish.

if only you knew what kind of monsters are out there.
:)

Crates

Banned
HSC
I support the death penalty for one people and one people only - pedophiles.

Crates

Banned
HSC
katie tully said:
But where will we get our lulz?
well, that's a pretty valid point. we'll keep geoff leonard for the lulz, and all other should be killed off.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
katie tully said:
been reading/watching too many docos on people sentenced to death for crimes that did not match the punishment.

also people with really shit legal representation.

i think too, i underestimated what a shit punishment life in prison is.
true that, and in alot of cases there are extenuating circumstances...not that it makes the deed any less serious, but surely these should be taken into consideration.

how about that greek woman in the news today who stabbed her chronically ill husband because she was suffering from depression? how would killing her acheive anything?

Crates

Banned
HSC
Exphate said:
Easy.

She'd be dead.

That's an achievement.
you are seriously the most boring, worst poster on boredofstudies.

not to mention, you're also obese. lol.

5233andy

HSC
Do you value life? Regardless of who I'm talking to, life is indeed precious and it would be a real shame to end the life of another - despite their past.

'How do you walk with your head held high?' - imagine that you're the judge and you sentenced a convicted criminal to death. Wouldn't you feel a sense of guilt?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)