Do you support the use of Torture ? (1 Viewer)

Gloves

HSC
I'm kidding. You seem like a very nice girl Maniella.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Nah, but whether you take it sexually or not is really up to your own loins.

But yeah, I just want to skin you, roll you in salt and rub your stinging flesh against my teeth.
Sounds kinda kinky...
I'll try anything once.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Im against torture, but i do support the death penalty in absolutely extreme cases...
Nah, life of suffering makes so much more sense.
Give them a five-by-two cell with a toilet and no windows and watch them go insane.

Gloves

HSC
Nah, life of suffering makes so much more sense.
Give them a five-by-two cell with a toilet and no windows and watch them go insane.
'

Hey man! That's like my room!

Have you been looking at the architectural plans of my house again?

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
please put forward these extreme cases that require the death penalty.
There are quite a few, cbb really.

If a person did something thats extremely severe, and affected heaps of people in the process, then i reckon that they should and deserve to die. Torture in this case wont do any good, its useless *shrugs*

Last edited:

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
There are quite a few, cbb really.

I think that torture is really useless. If a person did some thing extremely severe, and affected heaps of people in the process, then I reckon that they should and deserve to die. Torture in this case wont do any good though, its useless *shrugs*
"All men must die. Not all men feel regret and suffer for their actions."

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Nobody has made any substantive argument against torture as a means of punishment.
It has the potential to traumatise and inhibit the capacity for rehabilitation, which should be the ultimate aim of the criminal processing system.

There's a high financial cost to society if the damage from torture eventually causes mental or physical disability and prohibits a prisoner from returning to work after release, making them dependent upon welfare.

I suspect it would be impossible for it to be used safely and consistently with any sort of restraint, over time it will escalate and lead to the worst.

It also substantially harms the torturer. It will inflict a lot of mental anguish upon innocent men.

HalcyonSky

HSC
Imprisonment in itself is a lower form of torture

I support the explicit infliction of physical suffering in cases where the subject is an absolute cunt

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Yeah I support very low levels of torture in the form of public humiliation, like a pillory in a public place.

Justice should be as open a process as possible. If we keep punishing people in a way that the community rarely hears about, we risk privatising it. We must allow the people to engage in our criminal system in a positive way. The state must impose its authority publically, not privately through hidden cameras etc

hughie6

HSC
Definately not there is no question it should not be done to anyone

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Guys, be reasonable. We need the pillory

HSC
What about if you are at war and the enemy tortures pows etc?

Is it reasonable to then torture any enemy captured?

obviously 2 wrongs dont make a right but who gives a fuck its a war

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I would say that that's not even effective.
The enemy will be more demoralised when they realise that they are the bad guys imo

Having said that, maybe it's sufficient for, like, prison guards to adopt hidden policies, like casting henious criminals down into cells with the sodomites??

Though this is cowardly imo. The state should be honest, it should be a man, when it comes to punishment

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
It has the potential to traumatise and inhibit the capacity for rehabilitation, which should be the ultimate aim of the criminal processing system.

There's a high financial cost to society if the damage from torture eventually causes mental or physical disability and prohibits a prisoner from returning to work after release, making them dependent upon welfare.

I suspect it would be impossible for it to be used safely and consistently with any sort of restraint, over time it will escalate and lead to the worst.

It also substantially harms the torturer. It will inflict a lot of mental anguish upon innocent men.
Nah, we're talking to replace capital puishment. So only for convicted serial killers who don't get parole. No harm in permenantly deforming them, both mentally and physically.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)