do you think this is a good for the creative writing (1 Viewer)

matthe

HSC
So basically for my creative writing part, I have written a story about a boy who is searching for his brother after losing his parents. Let me know what you think.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
One of my friends wrote a story about a hobo...and got a band 6. Anything can work.

x_cp3

HSC
Yes please elaborate further if you need our opinions. A little sentence may not help. But maybe a plot will

^ Must have been a picture perfect story about a life of a hobo

And yes the idea of creative writing is your own story. There is no right or wrong. Just marked on how well you have conveyed the story and the theme etc.

ibbi00

HSC
Come up with a twist. Otherwise, this simple plot comes across as cliche.

Last edited:

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
Your plot could be cliche, that doesn't matter as long as it is written well.

Try to link it with the unit of study you are doing for english, structure it well and make your character seem original (show some imagination) even if the plot is obvious.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Don't elaborate too much, as people will mooch of your idea. Fuck if it wasn't for people posting their ideas on BoS this time last year, I wouldn't have got my mark in english.

Just remember it's HOW you write. You could have the best idea ever and be a shit writer. If you have nice semi original story and a good way of writing you'll be set. Just start writing it now, and keep it throughout the year.

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
shiiiit man someone stole yours?

I'd never actually post my story or too much of my ideas on here.
I found it easier and safer to get my english teachers to check it out.

mecramarathon

HSC
well its great to prepare a story based on the 2010 hsc question of belonging and not belonging :)

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
shiiiit man someone stole yours?

I'd never actually post my story or too much of my ideas on here.
I found it easier and safer to get my english teachers to check it out.
The opposite actually, no one stole mine, I mean people posted theirs, and I used them for inspiration. haha. Which isn't too sinister, but I'm sure a lot of people come onto this site, just looking to scam notes, and or stories.

Yeh I'd never post something of mine, partly due to embaressment...

NewiJapper

HSC
Mine was about a farmer that was forced to move into the city due to drought. Got 15/15 for it in the HSC (got my raw marks)! haha.

Saturn WY15

HSC
Do you think your should prepare a creative story that can be easily change for the question ( ie Same Central Theme, characters, etc ) ? or just make it up the on the spot.

Which one do you prefer and if so to the first option how do make a story that is easily adaptable to the question.

suling

HSC
Definitely prepare, if you are like me and have serious time management issues.

Basically make sure that it has more than one 'type' of belonging, and is about both belonging and not belonging. =)

sinophile

HSC
N/A
That 'stealing stories' thing suddenly struck up an idea in me. I like to write stories. If you like to plagiarise stories, give me a PM. I'll show you my stories and you can steal them on condition that you tell me how they fare in terms of marks.

khfreakau

HSC
The HSC senior marker of creative writing at our school gave us a sheet on the dos and don'ts of creative writing, one of them was:

Do not use stories involving cliches such as school based exclusion tales, adoptees looking biological parents/siblings and anything involving tears running down cheeks, waves crashing or hosipital rooms with machines that go "beep".

I guess the general gist of your idea is: if you feel that you can do it well, by all means go for it. Otherwise, rethink your approach.

ObninbO

HSC
Could someone give an opinion on mine please?

Basically it's about a man who is relaying his experience when he saw an old lady in the slums, smoking, and how she is closely linked to his wife. His wife passed away from lung cancer (non smoker) because she lost 'the fire in her eyes'. But he still sees the fire in the older ladies eyes. Him, his wife, and the old lady, all belong together because of their experiences, and at the end, it ends up he is telling the story from his hospital bed, because he has lost both of his kidneys, and how he wont let the fire go out in his eyes.

I used more descriptive language, but just to give you an idea of the plot. Also i didn't just state how their sense of belonging is related so bluntly in my story. But just what do you think as a generally idea

thanks

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
As long as it was written well, it would work perfectly fine.

hollywoodland

HSC
ahh!!!! no joke. i thought up a story just like that. embarasing!! lawl (4 me) anyway. write in the perspective of like the mother or the watch of the little boy or THE BROTHA!

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
“In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.”

So essentially if you use beautiful imagery or an extended metaphor or some other english buzz technique, it will go down well. But try to stop it coming across as a cliche home and away show script lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)