Do You Wear Glasses? (1 Viewer)

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
what did the magazine say about it??
"it doesnt matter if you have 20/20 vision. fashion guru henry roth tells cameron jewell that in 2010, glasses are for everyone..."

"what i'm predicting for summer 2010 is the return of the nerd chic. clark kent before he turns into superman - that's the image. it's very strong hair parted on the side. it's lace up shoes, white tshirts, beautiful dark jeans and, of course, fantastic specs."

"...preppy, conservative, classic with a twist. gay guys can get into it. straight guys can get into it"

"the trend for frams is apparently so strong that people who dont even need glasses are lining up for them"

"if you dont need glasses and think you'd feel like a fraud if you wore them, you should realise that they arent all about vision correction these days. it's a fashion thing. it has nothing to do with fuction..."

etc etc

HSC
I only wear mine when reading off the board as I can't see long range. As for the opposite gender; I prefer no glasses, as hypocritical as it sounds. :D

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
I've got sever Astigmatism, so yes.

I have two pairs. A pair of bi-focal's for anything close up (basically put them on when my eyes begin to feel strained) and a pair of non-bifocal transitions for every-day use (love the transitions).

Personally, I don't even notice that I'm wearing glasses most of the time, and it's just routine to wake up and put them on etc.

And yes, glasses can look good on the opposite sex, they just have to be the right shape for their face.

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A
fuck just wear sunglasses indoors so you can be a bigger twat

ibbi00

HSC
No I don't wear glasses. I wear hard contact lenses to sleep then take them off after waking up so I don't have to wear anything on my eyes during the day.
Huh? So that gives your eyes a temporary boost? First time I hear of this? Care to expand?

I wear glasses for class only as I'm short sighted. I refuse to wear them otherwise.
Don't you just hate it when people that know you wave at you from a distance and you're like "Who the f*** is that" ... Pretty gay.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Huh? So that gives your eyes a temporary boost? First time I hear of this? Care to expand?

I wear glasses for class only as I'm short sighted. I refuse to wear them otherwise.
Don't you just hate it when people that know you wave at you from a distance and you're like "Who the f*** is that" ... Pretty gay.
This circumstance extends to halfway across the road for me. They just turn into a fuzzy blob after about 5-10 meters.

Hence why I wear glasses every waking moment.

jet

Banned
HSC
I've worn glasses since I was 3, wear them all the time. Thinking about getting browlines soon. Not sure though.

Don't really care about them on other people. If they have them they have them? That won't affect whether or not I like them.

Last edited:

ilikebeeef

HSC
Yeah. Basically the hard lenses reshape your cornea overnight and it stays that way until late the next day when you will have to wear them to sleep again. They are expensive but worth it imo, as you don't have to replace them (as long as you don't break them of course). I've been wearing hard lenses since Year 4.

Yeah I hate it when that happens.

Last edited:

ibbi00

HSC
Yeah. Basically the hard lenses reshape your cornea overnight and it stays that way until late the next day when you will have to wear them to sleep again. They are expensive but worth it imo, as you don't have to replace them (as long as you don't break them of course). I've been wearing hard lenses since Year 4.

Do you know the proper term for said lenses? Did your optometrist explain any side effects with the hard lenses? And most important of all. Do they take a lot of time to get used to?

duckcowhybrid

HSC

Holy fck I want that hard lens shit. I've always looked like a geeky nerd with my glasses (took some getting used to), but I've had them since Year 4 as well. I desperately want to get them off my face (they define me too much, all you see is some nerdy dickhead with glasses,) I look 10x better without (though my eyes have gone slightly inward from pretty much 16 hour use daily.

bio_nut

HSC
Just use normal contacts then?

And they only define you like that if you actually ACT like a "nerdy dickhead with glasses."

You sound like a little kid.

SmiggleWiggle

HSC
I used to wear glasses but now I wear my contacts. I still have my glasses and I wear them when I take my contacts off at night or just don't feel like putting my contacts in. They're a bit weaker than my contacts and a bit battered but I still use them. ;)

I don't mind wearing them, but I prefer my contacts because they're sharper.

I think guys that suit glasses with the right glasses do look good with them on, so I don't mind guys with glasses.

ilikebeeef

HSC
Do you know the proper term for said lenses? Did your optometrist explain any side effects with the hard lenses? And most important of all. Do they take a lot of time to get used to?
The technical term for them is "(rigid) gas permeable contact lenses", which can be abbreviated to "RGP contact lenses" or "GP contact lenses".

My optometrist just said it will initially be uncomfortable. Which was true. I took about 2 weeks to get used to them.

Lydia_88

HSC
At the gym, uni and or social outings i wear contacts..

Times outside that..i wear glasses

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)