Do You Wear Glasses? (1 Viewer)

MysteryGenius

HSC
myopiaaaaaaa
i like wearing them, but i HATE shopping for em though
and the thought of being stuck with something for ~2 years doesn't help. the idea of wearing contacts creeps me out cos, well:
too scared for contacts
yah

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I wear them in lectures, at night time, and times when I think my vision is poor or need to see detail at a distance.

Gigacube

HSC
myopiaaaaaaa
i like wearing them, but i HATE shopping for em though
and the thought of being stuck with something for ~2 years doesn't help. the idea of wearing contacts creeps me out cos, well:

yah
Why do you find contacts scary? :S

MysteryGenius

HSC
just the idea of sticking your finger in your eye and having some foreign object resting on your eyeball seems kind of unhygienic to me
and i can't help but imagine it cutting through the cornea and spilling everything everywhere lol
i know you have to use all those chemicals to sanitise it and stuff, but i think i'd rather just stick to my specs for now :)

Gigacube

HSC
Silicone sucking against your eyeball. EYES CAN'T BREATHE!!!!
just the idea of sticking your finger in your eye and having some foreign object resting on your eyeball seems kind of unhygienic to me
and i can't help but imagine it cutting through the cornea and spilling everything everywhere lol
i know you have to use all those chemicals to sanitise it and stuff, but i think i'd rather just stick to my specs for now :)
I use the soft daily contacts. You put them on whenever and chuck them out at the end of the day so you don't have to sanitise it. You don't feel the contact when it's on your eye and it's really thin and flexible, not sharp at all.

I've never thought about it cutting my cornea before. :/

jnney

lemon
HSC
I used to wear glasses, and I didn't like them.

I use night contacts now.

jnney

lemon
HSC
The price varies depending on where you purchase them from.

You know that place in flemington, apple eye care? It's $350 for each piece, so $700 for both eyes. They last for about 2 years depending on how well you take care of them, or if your eye sight gets worse etc. Mine have lasted 3, I need to get new ones nao.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Ahk. I'll probably go after school/ring up.

I wonder if there are any cheaper places though :/

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Ahk. I'll probably go after school/ring up.

I wonder if there are any cheaper places though :/
Wait until your eyeballs stop growing (literally). My eyesight got worse and worse by the year, starting from about Year 6 (Myopia). When I got my eyes checked some time last year, they were the exact same strength as they are now. I guess I've reached my peak.

Then laser them, but I'm not too sure about any potential ramifications.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
+1. I just stick with my glasses.....astigmatism

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
I have astigmatism too, but you can get contacts for them nowadays. A little bit more pricey however.
cbf getting contacts. glasses just seem to be a lot easier. do you have contacts?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Wait until your eyeballs stop growing (literally). My eyesight got worse and worse by the year, starting from about Year 6 (Myopia). When I got my eyes checked some time last year, they were the exact same strength as they are now. I guess I've reached my peak.

Then laser them, but I'm not too sure about any potential ramifications.
I'm pretty sure eyes never grow after birth.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
ive heard that too..thats why babies eyes look so big. but i think your eyes adjust a little during your teens.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
They grow a miniscule amount up till about the teens (though everybody is different), but when it comes to something as precise as focus in the eyeball, it makes a difference.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
They grow a miniscule amount up till about the teens (though everybody is different), but when it comes to something as precise as focus in the eyeball, it makes a difference.
Yeah, nah, I'm pretty sure they don't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)