Does a girl's intelligence intimidate guys? (1 Viewer)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Gotta define nerdiness and intelligence.

IMO nerdiness doesn't necessarily imply ugliness or intelligence just an interest in nerdy things eg computer games and sci-fi.

Personally I'd only date an intelligent and attractive girl. I don't mind a bit of nerdiness thrown in for good measure but conventions would be a bit over the top.

missilelass

HSC
Gotta define nerdiness and intelligence.

IMO nerdiness doesn't necessarily imply ugliness or intelligence just an interest in nerdy things eg computer games and sci-fi.

Personally I'd only date an intelligent and attractive girl. I don't mind a bit of nerdiness thrown in for good measure but conventions would be a bit over the top.
I agree that the term 'nerd' can be associated with some sort of obsession with sci fi and computer games but I think there is a definite implication of ugliness...'

Wikipedia says
Nerd
[nɚd] is a term often bearing a derogatory connotation or stereotype, that refers to a person who passionately pursues intellectual activities, esoteric knowledge, or other obscure interests rather than engaging in more social or popular activities. Therefore, a nerd is often excluded from physical activity and considered a loner by peers, or will tend to associate with like-minded people.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
clever girls like clever boys more than clever boys like clever girls

HSC
Girls? intelligence? pfft.

Formula for an attractive girl:
- Fine breeding (usually french, spanish or swedish, cornish girls are also fair hot)
- Rich parents
- Submissive.

/thread.

The Normal teen

HSC
Yep. I get intimidated, but i use a mind trick where i just pretend shes my younger sister, that way i won't get intimidated :D

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
hmm well my initial reaction was that no it doesn't, but then when i look back, every relationship i have been i would say i was the more intelligent one. I don't think i am intimidated by it, but i think like all humans that i would prefer to be the smarter one in a relationship or to both be of similar intelligence, if she is so smart that i feel like a complete drooling retard around her that would make me uncomfortable and it wouldnt last.

HSC
I agree that the term 'nerd' can be associated with some sort of obsession with sci fi and computer games but I think there is a definite implication of ugliness...'

Wikipedia says
Nerd
[nɚd] is a term often bearing a derogatory connotation or stereotype, that refers to a person who passionately pursues intellectual activities, esoteric knowledge, or other obscure interests rather than engaging in more social or popular activities. Therefore, a nerd is often excluded from physical activity and considered a loner by peers, or will tend to associate with like-minded people.
OED Online said:
nerd, n.

slang (orig. U.S.). derogatory.

An insignificant, foolish, or socially inept person; a person who is boringly conventional or studious. Now also: spec. a person who pursues an unfashionable or highly technical interest with obsessive or exclusive dedication.
just because my tutor says its 'the good shit'

Jezzk

HSC
Well I would say it definitely intimidates, but whether or not it's a bad thing is a totally different question.

I would love it :haha:

mushypeach

HSC
if a guy is intimidated by your intelligence to the point that he cannot bring himself to like you, then he is quite clearly a moron.
guys that can't accept the intelligence of girls are worth neither your time nor energy.

smoking kills

HSC
Girls? intelligence? pfft.

Formula for an attractive girl:
- Fine breeding (usually french, spanish or swedish, cornish girls are also fair hot)
- Rich parents
- Submissive.

/thread.
You could have just said "I'm too stupid to appreciate an intelligent girl" but thanks for the racism and sexism as well you colossal moron

tlodg

HSC
N/A
I believe Yes, but I don't think it's the thing keeping guys away from me.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)