• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does Allah Exist? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

beentherdunthat

HSC
Osamabinladen - I don't really care you're not a muslim, it was quite obvious from the beginning.

bigboyjames said:
im still waiting on a reply to post 111 from beentheredunthat.
- Like i said, i did not make the woman, man introductory comment. It refers to requirements of being a witness. A scholar i asked said that it may have to do with the fact that woman tend to exhibit more emotions than men.

Women in the qur'an

O you who believe! You are forbidden to inherit women against their will. Nor should you treat them with harshness, that you may take away part of the dowry you have given them-On the contrary live with them on a footing of kindness and equity.
O Messenger of Allah, who is the person who has the greatest right on me with regards to kindness and attention?" He replied, "Your mother." "Then who?" He replied, "Your mother." "Then who?" He replied, "Your mother." "Then who?" He replied, "Your father''
thats 3 to your mother and 1 to your father. Call me a sexist now will you?

And for women are rights over men similar to those of men over women. (2:226)
Our religion of peace has become culturally violent and this 'culture' is man-made.
I agree with you. But we have our own minds. My religion is still islam even though i was born in Australia. I'm not ashamed of what i am. I listen to what all my friends say about their religion, but i don't criticise it the way everyone criticises islam.

I think we have come to a point when everyone in the world is criticizing islam, that we stand and begin to criticize it ourself. I'm sorry you guys find it so easy to do, but it's a bit different for me.

Muslims like you have 2 options: 1) we can continue the ccof Saudi Arabia, the Taliban, Osama bin Laden, Muslim Brotherhood, al Qaeda, Hizbut Tahrir, etc and for ever be cavemen or we can reform ourselves to keep our rich cultural heritage and to cleanse the Muslim world from all the muck and rubbish that currently inhabits it. but 2) if you want to live like cave woman.....free to do so, BUT DON'T FUCKING GET ME AND EVERYONE ELSE INVOLVED.
I have a 3rd option. Have faith in god and yourself. I'd rather be safe then sorry.

beentherdunthat

HSC
bigboyjames said:
correct. i also feel she shouldn't be allowed to think. i am geting this notion that she is thinking. critical thinking is against her version of Islam. also, she is studying law?! my god, lucky this aint the Taliban- girls after the age of 8 arn't allowed to learn. they are house wifes.
It's sad you've convinced yourself that islam is an extremists religion. You've done it so good that you cannot form a compromise.

First of all, you have no right to assert whether i'm allowed to think, whether i should be doing law, or when i finish my schooling.

You're so ignorant, it disgusts me.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
beentherdunthat said:
It's sad you've convinced yourself that islam is an extremists religion. You've done it so good that you cannot form a compromise.

First of all, you have no right to assert whether i'm allowed to think, whether i should be doing law, or when i finish my schooling.

You're so ignorant, it disgusts me.
Your sincerity is beautiful beentherdunthat.
:)

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
beentherdunthat said:
first of all- i didn't even make the comment on the 2woman=1man. That REFERS to being a witness. And that's what the qur'an says to being the requirements, NOT ME U FUCKERS.

ANd since i believe in the qur'an, i am bound to believe in this requirement.
I understand, but not agree, with the first part about 2 Women witnesses = 1 man witness. I recall sam04 u explaining that it was to protect wives being pressured into testifying for their husbands etc. I still don't agree with it as it demeans the mental capacity of women. However i do have a major problem with the second bit; since you believe the quran you are required to believe this requirement..blindly? not questioning whether or not it is relevant today?

ghani said:
so how can you have faith in a god who is stupider than a high school science student?
No religious text is perfect, any simpleton should know that. Honestly, arguing with you or "dumarab" is pointless as neither will listen to another point view and both of you have the characteristics of trolls.

beentherdunthat

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
I'd rather be free than restrict my entire life to the codes enforced by some medieval book that treats me as a 3rd class citizen for absolutely no good reason
You don't know what you're talking about
you criticise the qur'an as being medieval
how old is the bible and the torah? Why do muslims only stand to be criticised.

Why is the bible not criticised for its many versions? At least we have one set of laws for goodness sake.

X

xeuyrawp

OsamaBinLaden said:
Also, I don't think she should be allowed on the computer because she's female. Off the computer love, it's only for men to use.
"bin" isn't capitalised.

beentherdunthat

HSC
Rageeb said:
since you believe the quran you are required to believe this requirement..blindly? not questioning whether or not it is relevant today?
No. Not blindly. People can't stop thinking what they are forced to question. Where the law is laid down clearly I won't go against it.

But for example, wearing the skarf in contemporary australia is quite hard, and while it was a custom in the early days, i don't do it now. Only because it was custom and not law.

I'm not a perfect muslim, but i hate it when people don't even read about islam but criticize it. How can you criticise what you don't know about?

I mean that woman, man thing was completely taken out of context. There's a 100 rules that give woman more power, for example, a doctor i know wrote a book about woman in islam. In islam, if a woman makes money, she can keep it alll to herself with no obligation to use it to buy groceries, pay fees, etc ( given that she wants to keep it for herself). The man has an obligation to provide all financial needs. Should the man cry for justice????

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
beentherdunthat said:
You don't know what you're talking about
you criticise the qur'an as being medieval
how old is the bible and the torah? Why do muslims only stand to be criticised.

Why is the bible not criticised for its many versions? At least we have one set of laws for goodness sake.
what the hell?

lol @ the standard muslim response to criticism being to assume that the person is a Christian and then say the Bible is just as bad

I'm pretty sure I've said plenty about the Bible at various times on here. At least you're implicitly acknowledging they're equally useless.

beentherdunthat

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
what the hell?

lol @ the standard muslim response to criticism being to assume that the person is a Christian and then say the Bible is just as bad

I'm pretty sure I've said plenty about the Bible at various times on here. At least you're implicitly acknowledging they're equally useless.
I think me and u have had enough god - non-god fighting for a lifetime.

I'm guna go watch a movie, i'm not bothad for this. ;P

ghani

HSC
Rageeb said:
No religious text is perfect, any simpleton should know that. Honestly, arguing with you or "dumarab" is pointless as neither will listen to another point view and both of you have the characteristics of trolls.
stupid much? my point is that the text isnt perfect even though the quran claims itself to be the perfect word of god and unchanging. its own authority that proves its perfection traps it into being imperfect.

Last edited:

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
beentherdunthat said:
i don't even post in this thread u wacko. I can't because its too long and too much things have been discussed, and i wasn't posting from the beginning. Leave it to those who do it better - :uhhuh:
What

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
ghani said:
stupid much? my point is that the text isnt perfect even though the quran claims itself to be the perfect word of god and unchanging. its own authority that proves its perfection traps it into being imperfect.
Every book says it's the best/perfect, almost every book says you'll go to hell if you follow any other book. The quran is no different, it's on it's high horse just like the bible and the torah. If you wish to attack it in this regard, you'll have to attack a lot of other pieces of religious text also.

beentherdunthat said:
No. Not blindly. People can't stop thinking what they are forced to question. Where the law is laid down clearly I won't go against it.

But for example, wearing the skarf in contemporary australia is quite hard, and while it was a custom in the early days, i don't do it now. Only because it was custom and not law.

I'm not a perfect muslim, but i hate it when people don't even read about islam but criticize it. How can you criticise what you don't know about?

I mean that woman, man thing was completely taken out of context. There's a 100 rules that give woman more power, for example, a doctor i know wrote a book about woman in islam. In islam, if a woman makes money, she can keep it alll to herself with no obligation to use it to buy groceries, pay fees, etc ( given that she wants to keep it for herself). The man has an obligation to provide all financial needs. Should the man cry for justice????
okay, thanks for clearing that up - i was just curious to your point of view on the matter.

Last edited:

ghani

HSC
Rageeb said:
Every book says it's the best/perfect, almost every book says you'll go to hell if you follow any other book. The quran is no different, it's on it's high horse just like the bible and the torah. If you wish to attack it in this regard, you'll have to attack a lot of other pieces of religious text also.
if i attack your hair why would i attack john in americas hair too? we are talking about the quran not any other book and no one said any other book was better. if you have nothing to say other than the total obvious stupidity dont bother replying

he said he believed in the quran because it has scientific miracles meaning it has to be from god.
it actually has scientific errors too. if it was from a perfect god it wouldnt have errors therefore its errors are testament of its imperfection. his belief for believin in the quran is not rational and is not about the legitemacy of the torah, the bible or wikipedia

Last edited:

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
ghani said:
if you have nothing to say other than the total obvious stupidity dont bother replying
bolded text makes no sense.

i assume you're accusing me of being stupid. that's coming from a person who posted:

ghani said:
no read the quran and realise how stupid your cultures religion is

ghani

HSC
Rageeb said:
bolded text makes no sense.

i assume you're accusing me of being stupid. that's coming from a person who posted:
my afghan culture is so heavily influence by the words of the quran. it has turned it into an oppressive state riddled with violence. how is that stupid?

you are an idiot reposting what others have already brought up and dismissed as it was irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)