Does any1 do this course seriously? (1 Viewer)

Look at subject

• Yes

Votes: 31 59.6%
  • No

Votes: 21 40.4%

• Total voters

brown_sugar

IPT is cool :)

IPT is not boring, it can be if u aint into comp stuff otherwise its pretty cool. You shouldnt pick it, if u definetly know ur not a computer person! Trust me, other subjects are much more boring!!

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah ipt is a good subject - although my teacher makes it a bit of a bore....

ipt is a pretty unpopular subject for me as well... only 11 ppl in our class.. this year its only 9 (2 ppl dropped)

but its a good subject when u know ur stuff! and computers

Juliet

HSC
Yeah I agree, its a bit boring and all. And a bit stupid. But its the only general computer/technology course you can do. The pracs are a lot of fun too.

SSD- I wasn't to Software desgin

IT- its a TAFE course.

big_will08

i actually like IPT coz the other ppl in the class arent as 'computer literate' as me! hehe
my friend and i always top it and we dont do nework for assessments/exams. But in the last assessment(communications), the students who arent as good with computers did A LOT of work and actually beat me!! i ended up being 4th in the class!!!

hmmm, well i feel a little stupid now but i reckon i could overcome it!
initially i wanted to do all 3 computing courses(SDD, IPT and ITF) but ITF was at the same time as my 3u math...so i chose 3u math
SDD was just crap! the first thing the teacher said was like "programming at least an hour a day". HA! as if!!! cant stand sitting in front of a pc typing up 'code' just to get the computer to calculate something!

The multimeedia topic seems to be really cool! cant wait till we get into it!

skool_angel

omg
itp is a veri popular subject in my school
my school even has adv classes for yr ten
my school is crazy bout technology

but itp is borin
textbk work!

Juliet

HSC
Our IPT class is so small that the school took away one lesson pre cycle ( 2 weeks).:D

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
hmm... i never knew so many people liked IPT
i geuss i am posting it in the IPT forum

pesonally i'm doing SDD, it is way more intersting

but i geuss some people don't like programming

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
ipt is kool... it helps with my physics (communication)... and physics helps ipt :D

Supaneo

Yeah...

I do:
1. IPT
2. ITF - Cert II & Cert III in IT.

I previously did SDD but i dropped it right before big_will08... in the preliminary course...

I do IPT because i like it... and when you like a subject you tend to do well in it... and that is my current situation...
- I am practically topping my year according to assessment tasks so far but it doesnt compare to other schools...

During my half yearly exam i wrote excessive amounts for short answer and long answer questions that i can gurantee myself a 90+ which i would love...

I also do ITF - first the Certificate II course is the most general computer course anyone could ever do... I attend 4 periods in a fortnight cycle at school (not at tafe - so good) and i basically dont do much for this course because the Certificate III course takes up most of the time - with practicals and exams. The only things that count in Cert II are the assessment tasks and HSC assessed exams... Cert III is the networking course which is famous for guranteed first year job with good pay with cisco - 50K i have heard... only two people including myself do the Cert III course and they provide us with expensive gear - we work with cisco routers, switches, cables, etc. but i have seen a number of new students in the year 11... all nerds! we aim to get a CCNA which is a cisco certification thing via online exams, it is very demanding in todays IT Workforce and i could get it this year compared to people having to go through work and achieve it which is a longer process....

In regards to the forum subject, I personally yet seriously try to do my worst... but for some reason i do well... ahhahaha jokes
confusing ay..

Huy

HSC
N/A
i dont take ipt seriously,
but apparently the teacher thinks i do...

so let's leave it at that,

dux of ipt ... i dont like the sound of that,
but if it's a band 6, it's a band 6
what do i care

i personally dont like the work
but it's as simple as memorising chunks of text
regurgitating,
and a little bit of sense

oh, and some english :p

other than that, anyone can ace it :cool:
haha, even myself.

we had about 20 last year,
only about 16 this year

i've got no competition
so there's a band 6, then a band 4 or so

which means i'm on easy street
i'm only keeping the subject because i've never been in a study class and don't intend to be in one

professor

we have this multimedia assignment...based on PowerPoint...i'm gonna try and kill it by making it as funny as possible...and as u can see, i try to take the course seriously as all subjects are a must-count subject

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by professor
we have this multimedia assignment...based on PowerPoint...i'm gonna try and kill it by making it as funny as possible...
yeah thats kool. we have one coming up as well. what do you have to do it on? like a report on an animal or something?

what we have to do is make a virtual childrens book... with bout 10 slides, pictures and audio... thats about 10 sentences or so! yeah we gotta get a mic n record ourselfs reading out the story... sounds pretty lame aye?

yeah the 2002 year 12 class did a presentation for the year 12 graduation ceremony and got individual and group marks... this year, the teacher decided to b a full prick n gives us that crazy assignment... hmmz...

Huy

HSC
N/A
we've got a transaction processing one coming up,
and a major work

--or maybe that IS the major work?
it's 20% or something,
so im guessing that's the one

no idea what to do
the problem is,
it's due at a time when i've got a TONNE of assessments coming in left right and center.

god help me!!

craz

HSC
I like computers probably like everyone else, but IPT is a very factual subject. I like IT heaps and heaps, but the work load is hard. I had my half yearly and that wasn't too bad but there is so much to be learnt. We're just going on to multimedia before the end of term 2 where we will concentrate on revising.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah thats kool. i hate my teacher. we're heaps behind. just started multimedia and according to our sceduhle, we're suppose to be finished that already!

so yeah... we're one whole topic behind.

yeah this course is a joke, coz my teacher is a bloody joke.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)