• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does anyone actually like the roosters?? (1 Viewer)

Does anyone actually like the roosters??

• Yes... they are great!!!

Votes: 33 39.3%
  • No... they are a bunch of eastern suburbs wankers

Votes: 51 60.7%

• Total voters

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Probably because it's in the rules! Just like you can't kick a goal from a kick-off, mate.

Haha nice.

However, what you must remember is that we are looking at very, VERY large values of 't' here. Most preferrably, we'd be looking at the situation where t ---> inifinity.

It makes all the more sense, then, when you consider how it's been quite a long time without winning one.
T implies time, so k is whats big. The larger the value of k the smaller the chance.
As t approaches infinity the sharks' chances of winning a premiership decrease, ie As time increases the probability decreases. So the Sharks' best chance of winning a premiership was in their first year

Bookie said:
You know whats funny? That sign in the bottomleft of your sig - Do U smell What Mundine is smokin

HIGHLARIOUS!
I think that says 'Do you smell what Mundine is COOKING' ie The Rock in wrestling

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Suney_J said:
T implies time, so k is whats big. The larger the value of k the smaller the chance.
As t approaches infinity the sharks' chances of winning a premiership decrease, ie As time increases the probability decreases. So the Sharks' best chance of winning a premiership was in their first year
My exact point was this. As 't' increases, the chances of Cronulla winning a premiership are exponentially declining.

I was originally going to chose 'k', but due to it being a constant, it won't change from 2005 to 2006 and so on. However, 't' will change.

Of course, a large value of 'k' will automatically mean that the answer tends to zero, but it would then negate the effect of time increasing (and thus wouldn't get across my point).

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say ... it seems like I've gone the long way about it.

rewster

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Hehe. *Waits for the payback*

The REASON we played crap for 60 minutes was because Stuart's game plan was screwed. The reason we almost won is because Barrett decided he'd run the show, and he got the ball out wide to Gasnier, Cooper, King and Rooney. THAT'S why we almost won.

I'm not saying you have a lack of knowledge of the game. I just reckon that your view on Stuart is flawed due to the players he has had at his disposal in recent years. This is highlighted by the fact that as soon as he loses a couple of players, he can't win a game. Have a look at Tim Sheens and Graham Murray... they've both taken crap teams and turned them into good ones. And suddenly everyone is talking of how amazing players like Ty Williams, Matt Bowen, Robbie Farah and Scott Prince are.

Apart from that, I reckon that you're normally spot on, so no need to get angry, mate.

And finally, on that topic . . . seek and you shall find. What you shall end up finding (if you search in the right places) is that I am already 'married' to someone else ;)[/QU
Hey, listen vre! Ive seen Stuart coach and he and Sheens have better coaching techniques than any of the other current coaches. You say that because he has lost players his team is doing shit, well you need to realise that Brad Fittler is not easy to replace, in fact none of the current NRL coaches would have done better than Stuart has at trying to accomadate for Fittler. And as for Murray and Sheens, they had a couple of shit years to start off with before their teams became mad, when Stuart came to the Roosters he won them the comp in his first year as coach, and that was the year after the roosters were shit as well. O Mikros Skatos!

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
rewster said:
Hey, listen vre! Ive seen Stuart coach and he and Sheens have better coaching techniques than any of the other current coaches. You say that because he has lost players his team is doing shit, well you need to realise that Brad Fittler is not easy to replace, in fact none of the current NRL coaches would have done better than Stuart has at trying to accomadate for Fittler. And as for Murray and Sheens, they had a couple of shit years to start off with before their teams became mad, when Stuart came to the Roosters he won them the comp in his first year as coach, and that was the year after the roosters were shit as well. O Mikros Skatos!
Hey rewster who has "seen Stuart coach".

I understand the point about Brad Fittler. It is very, very valid.

Murray and Sheens took a bunch of NO-HOPERS and they have turned them into amazing teams.

Ricky Stuart ALREADY HAS something like 10 internationals in his team. Even this weekend, with all the 'injuries' the Roosters are going through, they still have 7 players who have played for either NSW, QLD or Australia, and 1 for Great Britain (perhaps there are more, my memory of the Roosters ain't so flash). And then you've got the players like Roberts, Cross, and Tupou who've played City v Country.

Now, it does ring true that a team of champions is not a champion team.

But a team of champions will still run higher than tenth out of fifteen when they are coached well.

*mel*

rewster said:
How I wish that we could blame all our problems on losing Brad Fittler, but the sad truth is that we can't. At the start of this year, it was understandable that we'd lose games here and there because of his absence... but now a whole season has gone past, and what do we have to show for it? Tenth place. The worst thing is that we've been playing worse at the back end of this season than we did at the start. Something needs to be fixed... :(

I hope our little Roosters can get their acts together for next season so we can be back up where we belong - Premiers 2006! :D

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
a team of champions we may be but its a team of champions with no leader, and hence no direction. finch cant handle the pressure of being the only playmaker, and 5/8th position has been chopped and changed all season. with no stability in the control room, it becomes very 1 dimensional, and even a team of champions cant pull through by themselves. and now cayless is a big hole to be covered.... and last few weeks, and the replacements look less than convincing in the past few weeks, but then it could just be the confidence problem that the whole team have a trouble with ....

rewster

HSC
Bookie said:
Thats because none of the NRL coaches are allowed to go over the cap, except for the Rorts....of course.
How bout no, come up with some proof that we're over the cap. we lost Fittler, Hegarty, Hodges, Robinson,Byrne, Cusack, Webb, Ricketson, Cayless and Crocker in the space of two years, how the hell are we over the cap? u r gay!

Bookie

Banned
HSC
And you gained;

Roberts
Monaghan
Anasta
Harrison

And thats just adding to the fact that you were over he cap before.

But of course, I've had this debate before, and I dont need another sooking Rorts fan to spoil the party.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
If I only ever say this once, the Roosters are cool tonight.

THEY BEAT THE BRONCOS!!!

DRAGONS ARE FIRST!

And now the race for the 8 heats up, what with Manly being shit.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
If I only ever say this once, the Roosters are cool tonight.

THEY BEAT THE BRONCOS!!!

DRAGONS ARE FIRST!

And now the race for the 8 heats up, what with Manly being shit.
they won? live score on nrl.com says 17 - 10

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Bookie said:
But of course, I've had this debate before, and I dont need another sooking Rorts fan to spoil the party.
Dearest Rewster,

http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=77615

Read the stupidity that Bookie says. Funny read.

OMFG. WE WON! WE WON! and i still fucken cried. WE BEAT BRONCOS!!!!! AHHHHHH, Im like a child with heaps of sugar cos ive been drinking so much pepsi. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

rewster

HSC
kimi said:
Dearest Rewster,

http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=77615

Read the stupidity that Bookie says. Funny read.

OMFG. WE WON! WE WON! and i still fucken cried. WE BEAT BRONCOS!!!!! AHHHHHH, Im like a child with heaps of sugar cos ive been drinking so much pepsi. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
You rule Kimi! We are now a chance at the eight, a year ago I never would definately not have guessed how it feels to be a chance of finishing eight when you are currently ninth! Still, how mad is Minichiello and Tupou!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)