• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does anyone ever feel disadvantage? (1 Viewer)

yosemite sam

HSC
and now the person with the original problem is the one reassuring us that we're going to be ok and to keep persevering...ironic.

meixia

5 cents short of a 97
HSC
Someone123, i honestly wish i could do something to help your situation at the moment. The HSC sucks for everyone, but it really is harder for some people, and I hope that you try to just work work work for these next four months! It will lead to greater opportunities in life!

Good luck <3

lexonfire

HSC
yeah i know what you mean by forever... i know it all toooo well... these holidays ive been going to the library pretty much everyday only because i know that otherwise i'd probably sit on my butt all day at home :eek: ...and people think i'm just super motivated :rofl:

someone123, i don't feel particularly disadvantaged about the hsc but i just honestly wanna commend you for sticking it out all this way and doing the hsc, it's seriously a courageous thing in your circumstance. what school u from? and what're u planning to do post-school?

someone123

HSC
lexonfire said:
someone123, i don't feel particularly disadvantaged about the hsc but i just honestly wanna commend you for sticking it out all this way and doing the hsc, it's seriously a courageous thing in your circumstance. what school u from? and what're u planning to do post-school?
Sorry yeah i rather not tell you! i maybe open on BOS but thats because no one really knows who i am (which is good). Some problems disadvantage people have is that they don't like people knowing, because they feel embarassed and also they really do want to be treated equally.... just sometimes.... it's hard to take so they let it out.
But I'm aiming for 95 UAI! I don't want to rely on disadvantage points (but i will go get it just in case! :)) I wanna get into commerce!! Get the GOOD $$$$! and finally get myself outta this mess!

Last edited:

someone123

HSC
magpam said:
it's not that hard

i just feels like it's going on forever
Btw dude, i no hsc is stressful and stuff. But think about it!! FREE education! + you get to hang out with your friends at school! =) how great is that!!!
Hahahahahaha!
Sure you gotta do ur time of studyin+hw, but you can relax as well and youll be with your friends. When i see my bro come back from work + Uni he looks like shit, both of them do... And at times theyll have shitty moods which sucks.

someone123

HSC
magpam said:
free education??? my parents pay thousands of $$$ for my school. i guess i should be thankful for that though
Oh sorry, i go to a public school =) I don't pay much only a few hundred.

lexonfire

HSC
someone123 said:
Sorry I think i may know of you, your username sounds familiar. If im correct you go to a all girls selective school right? uniform is mainly blue and white red? So yeah i rather not tell you! i maybe open on BOS but thats because no one really knows who i am (which is good). Some problems disadvantage people have is that they don't like people knowing, because they feel embarassed and also they really do want to be treated equally.... just sometimes.... it's hard to take so they let it out.
But I'm aiming for 95 UAI! I don't want to rely on disadvantage points (but i will go get it just in case! :)) I wanna get into commerce!! Get the GOOD $$$$! and finally get myself outta this mess!
my username sounds familiar? and i thought i was the only one with this username :( nah, i'm not the person you're thinking of. I go to a selective school, yeah, but it's not all-girls and my uniform is black, yellow, white. if it makes u feel more comfortable, my school's situated in the glorious western suburbs, yeah, that notorious place :eek:

top job, i'm aiming for 95 uai as well. you seem really dedicated which is great... i should learn from you haha. i'm just finding it hard to stay motivated because i dont really know what to do with my life, post-school. but good luck with that, you've got the right attitude so it sounds very achievable. u gonna try out for scholarships and cadetships too?

thousands of dollars? ... ooh wow... i go to school for free. There's an optional school contribution of about $100 but nobody pays because it's optional of course. THUS, my school remains a shithole... i pay the contribution though! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

someone123

HSC
lexonfire said:
my username sounds familiar? and i thought i was the only one with this username :( nah, i'm not the person you're thinking of. I go to a selective school, yeah, but it's not all-girls and my uniform is black, yellow, white. if it makes u feel more comfortable, my school's situated in the glorious western suburbs, yeah, that notorious place :eek:

top job, i'm aiming for 95 uai as well. you seem really dedicated which is great... i should learn from you haha. i'm just finding it hard to stay motivated because i dont really know what to do with my life, post-school. but good luck with that, you've got the right attitude so it sounds very achievable. u gonna try out for scholarships and cadetships too?

yeah! sorry =) i thought wrong...
Yeah, back then when i was small i was always a happy dude! hahaha smiling where ever i go. I still smile alot but not always happy tho. Don't even dare learn from me... I'm different from what i was before, i wish i could be like before tho. But im selfish because after all the pain i go through at times, i just want things that i never ever had. i really hate that part of me but i cant stop it. no matter how hard i try i cant stop.
Ive tried for cadetships, i got an interview tmr.. but i don't want it as much now. I don't want to lose my time, because without my social life i have to admit... i wont no where i would be! Plus i got a gf (surprisingly she doesnt mind about my problems, although it does hurt her alot seeing me go through this) don't wanna lose her bcuz of a stupid cadetship! Shes a gd girl

lexonfire

HSC
apart from that u seem to have a good attitude though. i mean, ur glad to be going to school cos of free education and being able to see ur friends, that's a new one. well good luck with the cadetship anyway, i guess u can only see it through.

12000? what school is that?! my older sis went to a private school but i think the most my parents paid was 4000... wow i love comparing that to the optional $100. it's funny when u think of it in that way :p such a stark difference!

is anyone here tired? i feel like staying up the night for the heck of it, but i don't know... i'm heading out to the library tomorrow.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
someone123 said:
Sorry yeah i rather not tell you! i maybe open on BOS but thats because no one really knows who i am (which is good). Some problems disadvantage people have is that they don't like people knowing, because they feel embarassed and also they really do want to be treated equally.... just sometimes.... it's hard to take so they let it out.
95 UAI ?
Yeah man you do that =]
We`ll be right behind you , supporting you all the way.
Study well ^^

-pari-

HSC
N/A
someone123 said:
Some problems disadvantage people have is that they don't like people knowing, because they feel embarassed and also they really do want to be treated equally.... just sometimes.... it's hard to take so they let it out.
thats the attitude ;)
everyone needs an outlet sometime or the other...
a 95 uai is an awesome aim *nods*

all the best :eek:

someone123

HSC
Hahaha thanks =) i see alot of you guys aiming for that too! Good luck!
I personally don't find hsc hard... maybe because i go library alot! :)

Btw lexonfire! don't you need to pay for subject fees? I got to pay for chemistry fees and also computer fees :mad1: ....... and the voluntary contribution, my school is a tight ass they fully send letters to everyone who hasnt paid! they squeeze it outta us! but some years i got away without paying! :)

kiwi

HSC
Our school makes us pay to !! i got two letters before we gave in !! & then they make us buy our own textbooks !

lexonfire

HSC
hmm subject fees? no i didn't pay any! we all had to pay computer fees... to be able to print out stuff, but i'm pretty sure that's about it. we have to pay for excursions and stuff, though of course. and we're paying for a lot of our own formal this year, but that's because we decided on it. so this year will probably be the most expensive year, which still doesn't amount to much compared to the other students out there!

we don't buy our own textbooks, the school supplies them, but the downfall is that they're given to us pretty much battered by past students :eek: especially the maths ones, for some reason? :p

cutiebabyforeva

Coz I'm Cool Like That ;)
HSC
someone123 said:
Nah i can't i need to take care of my mother, my brother's got uni and he works. Yes i do ask for money, but I'm independent, i hate asking.
Crappy house hold is that no one speaks to each other. All we do is go home eat and sleep. Don't get me wrong i love them... but its just we arent the usual family you see.
Ooops late reply! But yeahh that's like my household... I just live with my mum and its been like that for my entire life. We barely talk and we constantly argue.

princesskt

HSC
oh it nearly sounds the way my house is, my mum is chronically sick and has been since like i was 8. i have 3 younger siblings, and im so over everything hey. i feel like i dont get as much time as everyone else in my class to study. plus we dont have much money either. and i feel so... not with the class sometime coz we're at this private school and everyone has money and lives in big houses, can afford tutoring etc, then theres my family who gets discounts on fees :( i feel disadvantaged. You so aren't alone.

cutiebabyforeva

Coz I'm Cool Like That ;)
HSC
sleepplease said:
My fucking god!

Cutiebabyforeva - don't be daft. Do you have any idea the variation in severity of schitzophrenia? Come on. Just because someone you know can have their condition controlled with meds doesnt mean everyone can. My brother for example. His used to be relatively well controlled but over recent years it's gotten increasingly worse. To the point where he;s been so convinced that my SEVEN YEAR OLD nephew is evil that he;s been incredibly violent. He's on meds. You have no fucking idea.
Ok calm down, there's no need to go off at people... especially over the net, that's just immature. It's just that the majority of schizophrenia cases can be properly controlled with medication. The majority also don't get violent but are more a threat to themselves because of suicide.
I'm sorry for anyone who has a disadvantage of that kind because of course I can understand that it's difficult.
Just please don't start insulting people you absolutely don't know.

HSC
Raaaaaaaaaaaachel (or what ever ur name is)

i have been reading thru this thread and everything you said has made me angrier and astonished that you could actually think this way. this is the hsc; and as eveyone who is going thru it would whole - heartidly agree that it is a vey trying and stressful time for even those lucky few who have the "ideal" family life.

my family background is not great; yes im going to cite the "usual excuse" of having no parents. i live with my 87yr old grandmother who is poor of health. my brother, suffers from manic depression and is an alcoholic. im not mkaking excuses; im stating facts.

Someone123 was making excuses either, he/she(sorry :p) was stating the fact and wanted to know if anyone out there who had a similar situation. so next time, maybe you should show a little bit of empathy instead of abusing ppl with disadvantages!

sleepplease

HSC
cutiebabyforeva said:
Ok calm down, there's no need to go off at people... especially over the net, that's just immature. It's just that the majority of schizophrenia cases can be properly controlled with medication. The majority also don't get violent but are more a threat to themselves because of suicide.
I'm sorry for anyone who has a disadvantage of that kind because of course I can understand that it's difficult.
Just please don't start insulting people you absolutely don't know.
cutiebabyforever,

You are totally right. I am sorry. I just reread and I think I was angry because of all teh other comments as well, and yours just *seemed* to be dismissing what he was saying and that made me angry on his behalf. I'm very VERY sorry I insulted you, that was, as you said, very immature.

Please take care and accept my appology!:)

someone123

HSC
Glad theres people like me! but damn man trials sucks.... got my exams next week havent studied enough.
Just curious, are you guys the very smiley type of people?
For some reason i can see through people who smile heaps but arent happy! Because i use to be one of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)