• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

does anyone find yr 11 too hard? (1 Viewer)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
English can sometimes be enjoyable and boring. It can depend on a few factors. My teacher's a great teacher, and we're doing content that engages me :)

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
Kujah said:
English can sometimes be enjoyable and boring. It can depend on a few factors. My teacher's a great teacher, and we're doing content that engages me :)
I used to absssooluutelyy hate English, which is part of the reason why I chose Standard. But I'm finding that I'm more interested in it now. Might be because I'm actually putting effort in seeing as its senior year.

Year 11 isn't TOO hard for me right now. The workload has tripled from last year but surprisingly I'm hardly stressed. :)

cccclaire

HSC
I take other work to english class.
all we've been doing is reading through Othello, and I can do that at home.
I really despise english at the moment.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Kujah said:
I have such a great teacher too ! but its just the work .. * deep sigh * its so .. BAD ! i hate it .. plus i don't do all to well in it either ..

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
The maths is like a punishment:mad1:

HSC
im fiding the actuall work easy... its the load of work that is hard to keep up on lol.... so may dif homework tasks so little time........ then there is assianments on top of that ahh well.... soon shall be over....WOOHOO!!!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
.:AmBeR.SmItH:. said:
im fiding the actuall work easy... its the load of work that is hard to keep up on lol.... so may dif homework tasks so little time........ then there is assianments on top of that ahh well.... soon shall be over....WOOHOO!!!
Yeah, I get what you mean. It's nearly over, but the big bad HSC's coming :(

assianments
:)

HKHSCstudent

HSC
Uni Grad
I find year 11 a lot harder than year 10 ! It just like a totally different world! :rofl: Everyone's learning attitude suddenly become serious , even the teachers are much better!I found Biology the hardest subject! Our biology teacher is so demanding that she puts high expectations and demands for every single assignment! she gives us a lot of homework every lesson and pages and pages of notes !
I'm doing my Biology assignment on insect collection now! Anyone doing the same assignment?
Actually , the hardest topic I found in maths is Permutations and Combinations !!!!!:mad1:

cs01001

HSC
Hey HKHSCstudent,

Tell me your name, I might know you cause I was in AISHK and left at the end of Year 7. What a small world, lol.

On Topic: Yeah Permutations n Combinations are damn hard, fortunately there aren't alot of them in the HSC.

shayla

HSC
Hi
I am also finding Yr 11 harder then what i thought it would be, only because the workload has been piled up on me. I hope that if i get more orgonised etc that i will be able to handle the rest of Yr 11 and then Yr 12. That is what i am aiming for.

cs01001

HSC
simonloo said:
cs01010- did you know Keith?
Got his last name? I think I know him... anyway simonloo... don't tell me you went to AISHK, lol

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
humglish said:
I had a massive break down recently.

I'm talking, crying, freaking out and screaming.

Yes, it was fun.

all my friends think I'm a freak, but I must win!
=/ * huggs * .. due to school ?

dw we're here for any emotional outlet you wish to produce. lol

and your not a freak .. your just ummm .. socially different ! =] like many of us here ..

wLym

HSC
Yes it is hard. Only you have to get things done earlier. There is a lot more work than previous years, but the previous years were too easy in my opinion. This year is not too hard, just get the work done EARLY and its a year to learn good learning/study/methods for the following year 12.

drvaz

HSC
im in yr 12 an i agree that yr 11 is hard only because of the amount of work and the differnce in the load from yr 10. i think the most important thing is to make a routine...heard it before it really works...get urself into a routine of study even if it is not kept exact everyday itstill helps and get organised. organisation and time managemnt are the most important thing u can develop in ur 11 coz it sets u up for life not just yr 12. prioritse...do wat is important first and the least impoertant last....use ur time wisely and dont waste time...if u get an assignment start it as soon as u get it so u dont forget about it and start the hardest first if u have more than one at a time...coz thats the one that wil take u the longest...ask ur teachers about the ideas and themes in the task so u can get a head start on everyone else with the initial reaserch and general reading (borow books before they are gone)...

importantly have regular breaks and find something to motivate you...if ur not motivated u wont do well...

good luck..

p.s....i think year 12 is less work but the work is harder...so its the same thing....get used to it....it will be over in 10 months for u and more.

HSC
drvaz said:
p.s....i think year 12 is less work but the work is harder...so its the same thing....get used to it....it will be over in 10 months for u and more.
i always thought year 12 doesn't get any harder although you do a lot more work..

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
cs01001 said:
Got his last name? I think I know him... anyway simonloo... don't tell me you went to AISHK, lol
No, but i know a few people who live there. I miss HK. Mong Kok, cha chan teeng FTW!

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
humglish said:
I had a massive break down recently.

I'm talking, crying, freaking out and screaming.

Yes, it was fun.

all my friends think I'm a freak, but I must win!
Aww, Tamara. I'm sorry. :( There must be something in the water, because I had a mini-breakdown yesterday. Except it had nothing to do with school, and I ran away to a toilet cubicle so I wouldn't have to be around my friends when it happened.

Hope you got it all out of your system and you're peachy now. Though it's usually never that easy....

cs01001

HSC
simonloo said:
No, but i know a few people who live there. I miss HK. Mong Kok, cha chan teeng FTW!
Same, except Hk is no long what it used to be, heard it is so heavily polluted over the few years... Sigh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)