• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

does anyone find yr 11 too hard? (1 Viewer)

cs01001

HSC
Same, I just want a good UAI and leave high school ...

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
cs01001 said:
Same. Competitiveness in itself actually ruins school. I actually enjoy my subjects, but i feel the need to get first (and i never do...) ruins the enjoyment of it.

I just wanna go to uni, do something interesting, and leave it at that.

VuongstER_boi

HSC
Yr 11 's alright. It's not that hard. It feels sort of similar to last yr. Workload's about the same. The stuff i'm learning in my subjects aren't too hard to grasp.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
I think everyone can't wait until high school is over at this point. My mom keeps on insisting that I stop wishing my high school days away, 'cause they'll be the best years of my life, blahblahblah, and I'm like, "You never even went past Year 10, you have no idea!" I cannot wait until I'm out of there.

I actually have a friend who is planning on changing schools and REPEATING Year 11 next year. It is insanity to me. Why the hell would you want to extend your time by a whole extra year, when you're so close to finishing it for good?

cs01001

HSC
So true, people keep telling me to enjoy the last years of high school, because life won't get any better from Year 12 onwards. I just can't make sense out of it, I mean, how are you supposed to enjoy school when everyone is so aggressive with ranks and marks? When everyone is trying to put you down with harsh comments just so they can feel secure. I agree with what S1MO said -"Competitiveness in itself actually ruins school". Can't wait to move on ...

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Alot of competition in high school, but I'm surprisingly enjoying it with a good attitude =D

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
hm .. i guess school has gotten the better of most of us ..

& plus I guess that friend of yours is repeating due to learning from her mistakes ? .. I've heard of people repeating yr 12 .. and I myself have also considered it .. but I don't know .. it just doesn't seem to be an option - If I fail, I fail. End of story.

cs01001

HSC
If I failed, I might as well move on. I don't want to live through all that pain again

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
sle3pe3bumz said:
hm .. i guess school has gotten the better of most of us ..

& plus I guess that friend of yours is repeating due to learning from her mistakes ? .. I've heard of people repeating yr 12 .. and I myself have also considered it .. but I don't know .. it just doesn't seem to be an option - If I fail, I fail. End of story.
My friend finished year 12 with a UAI that he wasn't happy with, so he went back and did the senior years all over again. In the end, he still scored a UAI that was similar to his previous one. ;s

Alot of competition in high school, but I'm surprisingly enjoying it with a good attitude =D
Good on ya! I'm enjoying this year more than last, and am definitely stressing less for some reason.

But to everyone else who's feeling the pressure, hang in there! ;) Just a little more to go.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
No, she's not failing. She's doing quite well actually. Remeber that we go to a selective school, so even then our 'bad' marks would probably be a lot better when compared to the rest of the state. No, she just hates our school and the competitiveness, so she's dropping out to attend the local girls' high school. But because not of all the subjects she did this year are offered there, she's just retaking Year 11 with a couple of subject changes.

HSC
Jachie said:
I think everyone can't wait until high school is over at this point. My mom keeps on insisting that I stop wishing my high school days away, 'cause they'll be the best years of my life, blahblahblah, and I'm like, "You never even went past Year 10, you have no idea!" I cannot wait until I'm out of there.

I actually have a friend who is planning on changing schools and REPEATING Year 11 next year. It is insanity to me. Why the hell would you want to extend your time by a whole extra year, when you're so close to finishing it for good?
with the benefit of hindsight high school are some of the best years of your life. at least, they were the best years of my schooling.

eh repeatings one thing, repeating year 11 of all years is just plain useless. if people want to spend an extra year it makes more sense to do the hsc again, one would think.

HKHSCstudent

HSC
Uni Grad
Cso1oo1, you must have miss this school!! Did you come back to visit the school over the past years ? ??You will find it in a great change!The schoo has grown so much ! There are more than 1000 people in secondary and primary now !Most of the people in year 9and 10!A huge proportion of people here now are new!! Do you know other people who go to the same school here in this site? Is school in Australia better or worst than our school? I misss Australia sooo .. much !!

cccclaire

HSC
I'm finding year 11 a lot better than year 10. Mainly because I don't have to do annoying subjects like geography and PDHPE and I'm just doing subjects i enjoy.
But I still can't wait for school to be over.

HSC
N/A
cs01001 said:
As do myself and the unexpressed masses, yes, even the hoi polloi.
Jachie said:
No, she's not failing. She's doing quite well actually. Remeber that we go to a selective school, so even then our 'bad' marks would probably be a lot better when compared to the rest of the state. No, she just hates our school and the competitiveness, so she's dropping out to attend the local girls' high school. But because not of all the subjects she did this year are offered there, she's just retaking Year 11 with a couple of subject changes.
Hmm... wow, that's pretty radical.
Selective schools do not mean that an attendee of one is inherently better, in whatever regard one wishes to compare, than one who does not attend a selective school; it's just generally, they are.
Le3sah said:
Geography was DISGUSTING.
Amen; I'd drink to that!
Well, it wasn't exactly disgusting, just the Australian bit was a mind-numbing experience.

cs01001

HSC
Which bit of Geography? Biophysical Envionment?

yassow3

HSC
to every yr 11 reading dis

enjoy ur life coz hell is w8ing for u next yr

take it from a yr 12 person

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
yassow3 said:
to every yr 11 reading dis

enjoy ur life coz hell is w8ing for u next yr

take it from a yr 12 person
And eternal bliss lying afterwads.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)