does anyone not drink (1 Viewer)

Miss Winey

HSC
there are HEAPS of people who don't drink.
HEAPS AND HEAPS AND HEAPS.
or who only drink 1 or 2 drinks socially.
There is nothing wrong with not drinking, if your pressure you to drink , they aren't good people.

swampdog!

HSC
haha no offence to the guy above but LSD is definitly more dangerous than alcohol. Heard of "hallucinogenic persistent perception disorder"? I'd rather be a few brain cells short than be stuck in a fucked up trip for the rest of my life lol.

Also everyone that's saying "I don't drink because there's no attraction you just look silly and lose brain+liver cells" people don't actually just decide to induce poison for no reason. The problem with most alcohol "education" programs is that they tend not to educate and lean more towards scare tactics. What is rarely mentioned are the mild to high states of euphoria induced by alcohol. This combined with an altered perception tend to make people feel like they're in the middle of an exciting adventure. There are most definitely positive sides to drinking that are not just "being cool".

C

Chrisssss

swampdog! said:
haha no offence to the guy above but LSD is definitly more dangerous than alcohol. Heard of "hallucinogenic persistent perception disorder"? I'd rather be a few brain cells short than be stuck in a fucked up trip for the rest of my life lol.

Also everyone that's saying "I don't drink because there's no attraction you just look silly and lose brain+liver cells" people don't actually just decide to induce poison for no reason. The problem with most alcohol "education" programs is that they tend not to educate and lean more towards scare tactics. What is rarely mentioned are the mild to high states of euphoria induced by alcohol. This combined with an altered perception tend to make people feel like they're in the middle of an exciting adventure. There are most definitely positive sides to drinking that are not just "being cool".
Obviously in general LSD and ecstasy etc are worse than alcohol- I didn't say I agree with it I just thought it was an interesting conclusion of their study. I think it depends on usage etc. Plus it'd be difficult to compare due to the differeing amounts needed for intoxication/certain extents of damage etc. In my opinion occasional drinks are perfectly fine (depending on how wasted you get) and plus it depends on the individual. I used to drink and even smoked weed quite a bit including right through the HSC (actually alot) including around exam times and ended up getting 89.55 which is at least decent and even did home schooling while I didn't even expect that'd be possible and in most cases it probably wouldn't be. Though overall I don't really think the positives of drinking, smoking etc outweight the negatives anymore...

Last edited by a moderator:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
swampdog! said:

um, this is unbelievably rare and you have to eat a lot and i mean A LOT of acid to become permanently fucked. There's a lot of bullshit that surrounds LSD, i honestly believe persistent drinking is much worse for your health than a couple of tabs every so often, as with many recreational drugs.

Its interesting the way you describe why people drink, showing it in a more positive light, when what you have said applies LSD as well (even though you have quite obviously condemed those who take it as idiots).

Last edited:

charlie91

HSC
black_kat_meow said:
Yeah, because you're so the scientist. Drinking in excess causes problems, drinking CERTAIN alcohols in SMALL quantities can be benefical to health.

What the fuck is wrong with all you people who can't separate drinking occasionally to being an alcoholic!!!
firstly, i just proved my point why do you care if i don't drink and secondly i never said i was a scientist but i have seen family friends and read stories about people who drink have internal problems, but thats my life chose not yours, goodluck with your drink mate. anyways tell me who here doesnt drink in excess, any show of hands?????

Joel8945

HSC
skynet89 said:
been on my mind for a while. throughout my life i've never drunk much and never really got into drinking/parties etc. i just don't react well to it and don't seem to enjoy it as others.

outta curiousity are there heaps of straight edge people out there?

i have noticed though, as a result i don't have many friends, if any at all in this age group.

especially being male too it doesn't look good.
I have an occasional drink but never attend the party scene. I never attended the party scene because my VCE was more important and I never was really invited to any. I also have emetophobia (phobia of things associated with vomiting) and I know that drinking in excess leads to vomiting. My social status with people in my age level is very nerdish but I really can't help it. At university this year (finished VCE in 2008) I would like to find friends who are interested in my areas of study (even the extremely eccentric), as I would say an H1 beats the party scene any day. :) I really wouldn't worry about this.

Joel8945

HSC
Supermodified said:
Fuck this thread is full of fags.

If you're 18 and still haven't drunk yourself stupid at least once, I predict a very boring existence for you. It's a sad but true fact of life.

Also, you're all complaining about how drinking a tiny amount of alcohol will result in making a tool of yourself. But you're the ones who go to parties and not drinking, standing in the corner and making a tool of yourself.

MAN THE FUCK UP
You sound like the kind of person serving my kids fries on the way up to a skiing trip. Go away neanderthal!

Joel8945

HSC
karnage said:
Hav some sort of lolly water/alcopop. ...
Its the only alcoholic drink that I can actually drink! Beer I just have to spit out and the same thing happens with wine.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Joel8945 said:
Its the only alcoholic drink that I can actually drink! Beer I just have to spit out and the same thing happens with wine.
I can't drink wine either.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Joel8945 said:
I have an occasional drink but never attend the party scene. I never attended the party scene because my VCE was more important and I never was really invited to any. I also have emetophobia (phobia of things associated with vomiting) and I know that drinking in excess leads to vomiting. My social status with people in my age level is very nerdish but I really can't help it. At university this year (finished VCE in 2008) I would like to find friends who are interested in my areas of study (even the extremely eccentric), as I would say an H1 beats the party scene any day. :) I really wouldn't worry about this.
These two statements contradict each other. How can one know about something one has never experienced?

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
swampdog! said:

its extremely rare. trails are cool anyway.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Joel8945 said:
You sound like the kind of person serving my kids fries on the way up to a skiing trip. Go away neanderthal!
he's a 20 year old with a real salary you moron.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
-may-cat- said:
um, this is unbelievably rare and you have to eat a lot and i mean A LOT of acid to become permanently fucked. There's a lot of bullshit that surrounds LSD, i honestly believe persistent drinking is much worse for your health than a couple of tabs every so often, as with many recreational drugs.

Its interesting the way you describe why people drink, showing it in a more positive light, when what you have said applies LSD as well (even though you have quite obviously condemed those who take it as idiots).
I dont think its dosage related, LSD is actually one of the LEAST dangerous drugs (in pure physical harm terms). It can be a bit scary though and if you lose track of where you are and stuff that can be dangerous.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I like goon. But I can't drink most bottled wine. Might be just what I'm used to.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
just because people decide they don't want to drink doesn't mean everyone has to attack them and tell them they haven't lived. if that's what you consider to be 'living' it doesn't mean that you should press it onto everyone else.

i don't drink aswell because a lot of my friends drink excessively, and someone has to be sober to look after them so they don't get in trouble, or to hold their hair back when they vomit, that kinda crap.

Russdog

russell
HSC
Russdog said:
yeah i don't drink anymore. i might have a corona or something for fun, but even when i'm up the club, i prefer to smoke.
i meant ganja btw. fuck tobacco.

a few joints before going to the pub is the fucking bomb. when everybody else is drunk being all sorts of fools amd tools, i'm cool calm collected and cruisin' through doin' my own thang.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)