does anyone not drink (1 Viewer)

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
I only drink on the occasion (usually have to drive). If I'm going to though, i'll have a Glenfiddich on the rocks or a Black Russian. The days of being 15, drinking woodstock/tooheys new and goon to get "drunk" are over. Now no judgement to those who are over 18 and still doing so, you see these people every week lol. Especially a lot of guys- they go out and get drunk first hoping it will give them confidence to speak to new ppl (particularly girls). I only have a drink for taste purposes, as I don't need to "get into a state" of confidence/loudness, I do this sober- and keep my fast reaction times!

boris

Banned
HSC
its called having a social life that relies entirely on alcohol

lol

but seriously people who dont drink are fags and its pretty obvious that no one likes you and you have no friends if you dont get invited to teenage parties so go kill yourself

swampdog!

HSC
Riet said:
its extremely rare. trails are cool anyway.
haha yeah it wouldn't be all bad
and i suppose it all comes down to what makes something dangerous. I could offer a shitty analogy but i think the main point is it has far more potential to fuck you up lol. Then again alcohol can kill in high doses.. can LSD? I'm not sure but its not a toxin so perhaps not... It is interesting how one substance can be completely taboo whilst being possibly less harmful than a substance widely accepted as part of popular culture.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
No like there's no question about it alcohol is far more dangerous than LSD.

Beato153

Bored @ Work
HSC
I never drank until I turned 18, and i still don't drink that much now 18 months on. All the lads drink after footy, i choose not too, i just don't see the point. And when i do drink i know when to cut myself off.
Fair enough it is great to have drink every now and then, but all it does is take days off your life. I still have a drink or 6 every now and then but not very much.
To all those that don't drink that is great, to those who do drink good on ya, but neither grop should put the other down, we all have our own beliefs. Whether you choose to drink or not, it's your life and don't let others dictate it. And those who do drink, don't drive and don't blame the alcohol if you wake up in someone's bed that you don't think you should have been in, or get taken to hospital with alco poisoning. You have choices when your drunk, make them wisely!!

swampdog!

HSC
The only advantage to alcohol i would mention is the fact that you can control your dosage so as to get the effects without noticeable long-term side effects. Whereas you could potentially get flashbacks after only taking a standard dosage of acid a couple of times. Yeah obviously brain and liver damage with alcohol but for me i think the psychological side effects acid can have are a bit more worrying. But yeah I agree that from a physical standpoint alcohol is much more harmful. And i'll throw it out there as far as impact on society goes alcohol is also way more damaging.

dp624

HSC
obv they have a vested interested

dp624

HSC
kfine
but it appears to be more related to wines than beers etc

boris

Banned
HSC
alcohol you tard, no one said you had to drink wine. id prefer it if you drank metho though

dp624

HSC
Other articles

* Introduction
* Wine, coronary heart disease and mortality
* Wine and health, other than coronary heart disease
* Study design: why it so difficult to 'prove' any of the theories about the beneficial effects of wine or other alcoholic drinks
* What is the French paradox?
* How it works: possible mechanisms underlying the beneficial effects of alcohol
Antioxidants
Time for some biochemistry. There are some bad molecules circulating in the body called free radicals. These cause oxidative damage to the sort of cholesterol known as low density lipoproteins (LDLs), making them more likely to damage the walls of arteries -- and it is this atherosclerotic damage that increases the probability of heart attacks. Red wine contains compounds called polyphenols, which have antioxidant activity. That is, when you put them in a test-tube (in vitro), they have antioxidant activity: as yet, no one has been able to show that the antioxidants in red wines work in the body (in vivo), despite many attempts. But the antioxidant hypothesis is immensely attractive and intuitive, and has received a lot of publicity because of this. It is quite possible that the dominant pro-oxidant effect of alcohol itself may outweigh the potential benefits of any antioxidants that wine contains. In addition, several studies comparing the health effects of different alcoholic drinks have shown that beer and white wine, which lack the antioxidants that red wines possess, have the same beneficial effects.
seems more wine than other drinks to me

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
"In addition, several studies comparing the health effects of different alcoholic drinks have shown that beer and white wine, which lack the antioxidants that red wines possess, have the same beneficial effects."

From what you just posted. Several studies. Beer is just as beneficial.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
i h8 how 90% of social groups are obsesed about getting stupid drunk

DeAtH OF PRoDUCtiVity

swampdog!

HSC
-may-cat- said:
um, this is unbelievably rare and you have to eat a lot and i mean A LOT of acid to become permanently fucked. There's a lot of bullshit that surrounds LSD, i honestly believe persistent drinking is much worse for your health than a couple of tabs every so often, as with many recreational drugs.

Its interesting the way you describe why people drink, showing it in a more positive light, when what you have said applies LSD as well (even though you have quite obviously condemed those who take it as idiots).
easy tiger! I never called anyone an idiot and I don't know how you took that as an "obvious condemnation". The point that I was replying to was only in regard to negative aspects of certain drugs so I only talked about the negative aspects. The second part of that post has nothing to do with the comparison between alcohol and LSD. It's a response to other points made earlier in the thread.
Also you can get really fucked up from acid without being a chronic user. Obiously it helps but it's generally accepted that the psychological problems associated with acid are not necessarily quantity related. My point is that LSD has the potential to be dangerous in standard dosages. I agree with you about persistent drinking being typically worse for people than (moderated) recreational drug use. However IMO the fact that LSD can awaken domant psychological conditions in users makes it seem a bit worrying. BTW these issues are not that incredibly rare. They are rare but only like to the point of a couple in every thousand experiencing problems.

Don't assume that this makes me an anti-LSD man. Just the same way as I understand the negatives of alcohol yet still use it. I also understand the dangers of LSD but as you say am perfectly aware of all its positive aspects. It's my opinion that the psychological issues with LSD are more dangerous (though alot less likely) than the physical issues associated with alcohol. However i'm also of the belief that the positive aspects of LSD are considerably greater than the positive effects of alcohol.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
boris said:
its called having a social life that relies entirely on alcohol

lol

but seriously people who dont drink are fags and its pretty obvious that no one likes you and you have no friends if you dont get invited to teenage parties so go kill yourself
how old are you anyway? alcoholic at the age of what, fourteen?

people who don't drink have friends and do get invited to parties idiot.

and when you get older, i know it's a long way off for you, but there's this thing called a designated driver, umm, and generally it's a rule that they don't drink, since your BAC has to be 0.

have fun ending up in hospital with alcohol poisoning. it's apparently a wonderful experience.

HalcyonSky

HSC
hermand said:
how old are you anyway? alcoholic at the age of what, fourteen?

people who don't drink have friends and do get invited to parties idiot.

and when you get older, i know it's a long way off for you, but there's this thing called a designated driver, umm, and generally it's a rule that they don't drink, since your BAC has to be 0.

have fun ending up in hospital with alcohol poisoning. it's apparently a wonderful experience.
1) he is much older than you
2) lol

iamsickofyear12

HSC
hermand said:
I know a lot of people who drink heavily on a regular basis but not one person who has ended up in hospital because of alcohol poisoning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)