• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God exist? (4 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

vanush

kdslkf
HSC
I cant believe in God without evidence. Then, people will bring up the notion of faith. Faith is not inherent in human beings. You're _told_ to have faith, which I believe is evidence against faith itself.

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
kobz said:
answer me these question

where did u come from??? (and dnt tell me ur mother cuz i already know dat )

wat caused the big bang...it cant just happen by itself

wat im tryin 2 get at is there must be a starting point, a supreem creator 4 anything 2 start, u cant just tell me it came from nowhere doesnt fit in any1s head

eg when u play those games like red alert, wat do u start with??? a base that can create everything else,,,if u were given nufin 2 start with wat can u do?????????
And now we've resorted to video game analogies. Even if we originated from some supreme being, it does not hold that his name was Allah and that he resides in Paradise. Your argument is flawed, much like the Paley's Watch argument - even if there was intelligent design, it does not hold that it was initiated by a tri-omni God. Perhaps we were created by aliens and the Scientologists are right? It's all pure speculation, and agnosticism wins out in the end as the most logical choice.

kobz

HSC
vanush said:
I cant believe in God without evidence. Then, people will bring up the notion of faith. Faith is not inherent in human beings. You're _told_ to have faith, which I believe is evidence against faith itself.
u say Faith is not inherent in human beings??? prove it, just becuz u cant see it dooesnt meean its not der

can you see love??? u cant see love its just in us??

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I don't know the answers to everything kobz. Does that mean God exists? No.
Could I provide a more reasonable explanation for those questions than you? Yes.

Tell me kobz... How did God create the universe?

kobz

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Could I provide a more reasonable explanation for those questions than you? Yes.

well thats y ppl that believe in God have them answers, its only logic that there is an absolute originator

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
kobz said:
u say Faith is not inherent in human beings??? prove it, just becuz u cant see it dooesnt meean its not der

can you see love??? u cant see love its just in us??
You can't force vanush to feel something that isn't there. Once you attempt to force people to have faith, you cross the line from evangelist to dictator. And in that, my friends, is the beginnings of religious fundamentalism.

kobz

HSC
c_james said:
And now we've resorted to video game analogies. Even if we originated from some supreme being, it does not hold that his name was Allah and that he resides in Paradise. Your argument is flawed, much like the Paley's Watch argument - even if there was intelligent design, it does not hold that it was initiated by a tri-omni God. Perhaps we were created by aliens and the Scientologists are right? It's all pure speculation, and agnosticism wins out in the end as the most logical choice.
its just an example dont play wid my words, give me answers,

u say maybe we were created by aliens?? y would they create us 4 and leave us alone?? and who created them, u can only gooo back n have a starting point at 1 God an absulote

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
well thats y ppl that believe in God have them answers
It's not really an answer. It's like me saying 'nature did it', explain to me how that happened and give some evidence :)

its only logic that there is an absolute originator
Meh, perhaps so.... why does this originator have to be a sentient being? why not just a natural originator with no conscience?

vanush

kdslkf
HSC
kobz said:
u say Faith is not inherent in human beings???
How do you learn about the concept of faith? Your mum/dad/TV/priest/reverend/mosque-guy/shaman/computer/website/book tells you.

I can't believe in the 'feeling God' thing most Christians tell you they've experienced. It's just a giant placebo.

kobz

HSC
c_james said:
You can't force vanush to feel something that isn't there. Once you attempt to force people to have faith, you cross the line from evangelist to dictator. And in that, my friends, is the beginnings of religious fundamentalism.
no1 is forcing you buddy...u see any of us wid a gun 2 ur head saying believe??? its just an argument

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
kobz said:
well thats y ppl that believe in God have them answers, its only logic that there is an absolute originator
You have no answers whatsoever - you're operating on blind faith and nothing more. Why do you think the vast majority of scientists and historians are athiests or agnostics? It's because their intensive study into the past and the laws of the universe more often than not makes them doubt - it does not make them believe.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
kobz said:
wat caused the big bang...it cant just happen by itself
As I said before, I can only believe in god for that point only as everything else can be proved with scientific evidence.

We're made of a mixture of elements from a dead star that's gone long ago. To be calculative, apparently at least 3 supernovae must've occured at near proximity in our solar system to generate such high amounts of iron, lead and uranium.
These elements exists today and are absorbed by our body as we grow.

We came from our parents and we only do, unless these days fertilisation can be done in a test tube. But the majority of our embryonic growth occurs in our mother's womb.

kobz said:
eg when u play those games like red alert, wat do u start with??? a base that can create everything else,,,if u were given nufin 2 start with wat can u do?????????
You should play the game Doom 3 then you would believe that there is no god :p

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
kobz said:
no1 is forcing you buddy...u see any of us wid a gun 2 ur head saying believe??? its just an argument
But you just basically said to vanush that faith is natural and that he should have it, no? You're saying one thing but your attitude in this argument says something else.

kobz

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
It's not really an answer. It's like me saying 'nature did it', explain to me how that happened and give some evidence :)

Meh, perhaps so.... why does this originator have to be a sentient being? why not just a natural originator with no conscience?
it is an answer, nature cant do it by itself, create all this, wat is natural anyways??? it most of come from somwhere aint i right???

vanush

kdslkf
HSC
A big problem as I see it is we, humans, may think we're miraculous creations, but who really knows?

you could say the universe is innately subjective.

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
kobz said:
its just an example dont play wid my words, give me answers,

u say maybe we were created by aliens?? y would they create us 4 and leave us alone?? and who created them, u can only gooo back n have a starting point at 1 God an absulote
Hello, internal contradiction. Who created God? To this you have no answer, and thus the question of whether or not God exists is out of the realm of human reason. As I've said time and time again, you put your stock in faith. I put mine in fact.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
it is an answer, nature cant do it by itself, create all this, wat is natural anyways??? it most of come from somwhere aint i right???
How can you say nature can't do it by its self? You have absolutely no evidence for that claim.

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:

lol thanks for the link (((do you know what is so bizzare? i was typing out that >exact< exerpt from "The Works of Josephus" which is open on my lap right now :p- funny eh))...

so by that link you are saying that the works of Josephus are unrelibale because Origen remarks that "he says nothing of the wonderful deeds that our Lord did"...when Josephus actually wrote He did "Wonderful works"...?
sorry im a bit slow.

kobz

HSC
AntiHyper said:
As I said before, I can only believe in god for that point only as everything else can be proved with scientific evidence.

We're made of a mixture of elements from a dead star that's gone long ago. To be calculative, apparently at least 3 supernovae must've occured at near proximity in our solar system to generate such high amounts of iron, lead and uranium.
These elements exists today and are absorbed by our body as we grow.

We came from our parents and we only do, unless these days fertilisation can be done in a test tube. But the majority of our embryonic growth occurs in our mother's womb.

You should play the game Doom 3 then you would believe that there is no god :p
and were did these elements come from see ur just trying 2 take it one step backwards n ur going nowhere bcuz there must be an orginator

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)