Does God exist? (1 Viewer)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
T-mac01 said:
which is why I've explained to you that you can't say what is applicable and what's not.

Apparently, 'people born with sins' is an applicable belief in Christianity.
Like purgatory used to be?

Eh. I just find it amusing that Christians relate traditions that were conceived by humans are proof for God's existence. It just doesn't make sense.

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
Tulipa said:
Like purgatory used to be?

Eh. I just find it amusing that Christians relate traditions that were conceived by humans are proof for God's existence. It just doesn't make sense.
Agreed.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
T-mac01 said:
So why the Christian faith keeps emphasising on this is because different race belongs to different kingdoms of heaven. One fact I've gathered is no asians or blacks can enter into the Kingdoms of heaven for the whites.
Asians can only ascend into their own world provided if they genuinely practice Buddhism or other forms of religion that hasn't been widely preached by monks, etc. This may also apply for the whites unable to enter the asian world of heavens. And there are the blacks that also belong to certain heavenly worlds. THe point is, Jesus Christ tried to prevent the CHristians spreading their faith/religion to other race because those asians that do practice CHristianity are wasting their effort because they will never be accepted into the white world. (Sorry for keep calling it the white world, I really don't know the correct name for it). This is also because Jesus Christ is only just powerful enough to help his own people "the whites" to be cultivate so they can return to their heavenly worlds.

Btw Jesus Christ is a great god who came down to earth as a saviour but there are many many more greater Gods with greater powers, knowledge, that are above Jesus Christ. I'm point this out because it is relevant to the fact that heaven is not just ONE place like Earth that is more pleasant. It's something you might already be aware of, it's the dimensions that co-exist with the space we also occupy. Its space is much thinner than ours and we tend to recognise it as some place higher above us but it is really a place that is higher multi-laterally. For example, the air in heaven is much thinner. There are also many many numerous layers of heaven that exist and the higher one goes, the thinner the air becomes.

The fact about what it's really like in heaven such as thinner air might not be true. But I'm just using it as an example to illustrate the point that heavens come in layers and the higher the layers, the better and more powerful the GOds are in it.
Where did all of this stuff come from? Once you start introducing that degree of complexity it all starts to look absurd. It's one thing to say that there is an omnipotent creator, but quite another to say that their is a heirarchy of gods and heavens and that we can make statements about the dimensionality and spatial fabric in which they reside. What is the use of positing all of this? (EDIT: Note that one of the primary functions of religion is explanation - of our world/universe etc. Does it really make sense to explain complexity by supposing the existence of what is possibly an even more complex system...?)

Last edited:

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
KFunk said:
Where did all of this stuff come from? Once you start introducing that degree of complexity it all starts to look absurd. It's one thing to say that there is an omnipotent creator, but quite another to say that their is a heirarchy of gods and heavens and that we can make statements about the dimensionality and spatial fabric in which they reside. What is the use of positing all of this? (EDIT: Note that one of the primary functions of religion is explanation - of our world/universe etc. Does it really make sense to explain complexity by supposing the existence of what is possibly an even more complex system...?)
I don't really care anymore if people find this absurd. It's the knowledge that I have gathered and I truly believe in it.

I'm posting it for other people's amusement even if they don't believe in it. And you just never know when someone come across this post and find some great sense in it.

Does that answer your second question?

Btw, can medicine really be combined with other degrees? I told some of my collegues that somebody chose a combined degree with medicine and they laughed at me because they thought degrees like that don't exist.

Last edited:

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
duckgal32 said:
Hey I am a devoted Christian so YES, I DO believe God exists
well.............................................................that's good to know.

Make sure you keep it that way unless you're not white.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
duckgal32 said:
Hey I am a devoted Christian so YES, I DO believe God exists
If you don't mind me asking, did you grow up in a Christian household where you were taught to love God as soon as you could start talking? Or is this something you 'stumbled' upon yourself?

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
If there is spiritual energy from god according to E = mc2 then he must be present in this universe with a mass and exists as matter but I feel none of that (or something I ate) so he doesn't exist in this universe k thnx.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
T-mac01 said:
Does that answer your second question?
Not really but, as you indicated, your aim is to state the way you see it more than why you see it as you do. Personally I find it hard to work out how you could infer the amount of complexity that is present in yoru view of the heirarchy of heaven. Once again, I understand people trying to make claims about the nature of existence, dependence etc... and how they necessitate some kind of all powerful creator. However, this is a very minimal kind of inference --> it might tell you that there is some higher being but I am very doubtful that it could tell you specifics about their nature, e.g. that their name is fred, that they surround themselves with 10 breeds of angels, 6 of which have wings, and so forth. While I realise my examples are flippant and exagerated I nonetheless think that the amount of detail present in your conception of heaven makes it difficult to fathom how those details might be verified/believed.

Of course, if you don't want to lay out your reasoning in this thread (I will admit, my past history in this thread probably doesn't invite you to do so!) then that is fine.

T-mac01 said:
Btw, can medicine really be combined with other degrees? I told some of my collegues that somebody chose a combined degree with medicine and they laughed at me because they thought degrees like that don't exist.
Yeah man, definitely. A few examples off the top of my head:

BA/MBBS @ UNSW

BA/MBBS, BSc/MBBS @ University of Queensland

MBBS/LLB (Med/Law) @ Monash University

BScMedSci(hons)/MBBS ---> At many (/most?) med schools in the country

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
T-mac01 said:
This is also because Jesus Christ is only just powerful enough to help his own people "the whites" to be cultivate so they can return to their heavenly worlds.
Also: Jesus was white?

forsaken999

HSC
just out of curiousity, do christians believe homosexuality to be a choice or just something you're born with?

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
KFunk said:
Also: Jesus was white?
When I meant white, I was really refering to people that ain't yellow or black. :p Maybe more correctly, westerners, I don't know.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Discovery backs Old Testament

IN a find to send shivers through atheists around the world, experts have decoded a 2600-year-old clay tablet proving the accuracy of part of the Old Testament.
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22060312-2,00.html

lol if anyone is bothered by that they are a moron, I welcome history/truth etc and don't feel it in any way goes towards proving the existance of a God... We all already know the bible has historical accuracies in it.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
18 months later and still no definitive answer?

I wonder why. :)

People can't prove that G-d exists, yet people can't provide evidence to contradict the statement that He does.

It's a circular motion that society has struggled to grasp for thousands of years, and the chance of a few students from an Australian forum coming up with a definitive answer is next to none when some of the greatest philosophers have been divided by the question.

My conclusions:

Stop argiung the existence of a G-d. His existence rests fundamentally in the beliefs of each different individual who can neither prove nor disprove his existence, only choose by means of faith.

*For the sake of argument G-d has taken on the male pronoun.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
People can't prove that G-d exists, yet people can't provide evidence to contradict the statement that He does.
We can as well as we can prove magical love pixies don't exist... isn't that enough evidence for you? It should be and it probably is. I'm willing to wager in most every aspect of your life you discount such superfluous explanations as 'magic' and 'gods' etc for that very reason... The difference here is that you really, really hope God exists whereas care less if it turns out magical pixies don't.

Last edited:

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
no...

there are many reasons...

first...who did cane or abel marry???
second....why should we follow the religion? scare tactics are used
third...how did jesus die for my sins? if i havent committed sins? which i have but if i hadnt...how?
fourth...there were religions before judaism, christianity and islam...

we are talking about the abrahamic god right?

fifth...god used to talk to people straight out the clouds, not anymore
sixth...science proves it wrong

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
Crestwood's_G said:
no...

there are many reasons...

first...who did cane or abel marry???
second....why should we follow the religion? scare tactics are used
third...how did jesus die for my sins? if i havent committed sins? which i have but if i hadnt...how?
fourth...there were religions before judaism, christianity and islam...

we are talking about the abrahamic god right?

fifth...god used to talk to people straight out the clouds, not anymore
sixth...science proves it wrong
and science proves you are an ass :)

ricometa

HSC
wow, 288 pages?
why would anyone want to start a holy war?
a war with no end?

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
ricometa said:
wow, 288 pages?
why would anyone want to start a holy war?
a war with no end?
See this thread like this.

You have a war against the U.S.

People who don't believe in God = people who supported the stupid alien monkey aka G.W Bush who apparently has a little bit of credibility for his 136 IQ score but that's enough for the rest of the stupid monkeys to trust him because of it just as much as a lot of people worship how limited science their own people have discovered out of trillions of other possible discoveries

People who foresaw the obvious truth of war's consequence = God's believers and this does not include those that think God is a custom of tradition

Finally, you have the ultimate truth, the unstoppable force of nature that no average human beings may have ever witnessed

And those that don't believe in God's existence are trying hard to wipe their own ass clean by making every single possible logic a mess just like those idiots that are still in the states of denial for their complete utter ignorance for having supported war and chaos in the first place. But you know, they just can't stop shiting themselves so they have to get their own enemies 'God's believers' to clean it for them.

Last edited:

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
T-mac01 said:
See this thread like this.

You have a war against the U.S.

People who don't believe in God = people who supported the stupid alien monkey aka G.W Bush who apparently has a little bit of credibility for his 136 IQ score but that's enough for the rest of the stupid monkeys to trust him because of it just as much as a lot of people worship how limited science their own people have discovered out of trillions of other possible discoveries

People who foresaw the obvious truth of war's consequence = God's believers and this does not include those that think God is a custom of tradition

Finally, you have the ultimate truth, the unstoppable force of nature that no average human beings may have ever witnessed

And those that don't believe in God's existence are trying hard to wipe their own ass clean by making every single possible logic a mess just like those idiots that are still in the states of denial for their complete utter ignorance for having supported war and chaos in the first place. But you know, they just can't stop shiting themselves so they have to get their own enemies 'God's believers' to clean it for them.
i thought Bush was an idiot for doing what he did, and i'm athiest... but, then again, i'm not american (so perhaps your argument re: GB only applies to americans), but then again, i think Howard is an idiot for following Bush...

well, anyway, i don't think you should make generalisations of "scientific thinkers" vs "religious thinkers", because that's just not the way the world works. I think that any rational thinker would be able to see the consequencees of a war started with no (actual) foundations, and those who supported Bush are just idiots, and not non-God believers.

But, yeah, don't make biased generalisations, because they can hurt when they're wrong.

.... why are we talking about Bush? Well, anway, i'm an athiest, and i don't believe in any gods of any sort, so there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)