Does God exist? (6 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

ZJ NingNing

HSC
ssejamafone said:
i thought Bush was an idiot for doing what he did, and i'm athiest... but, then again, i'm not american (so perhaps your argument re: GB only applies to americans), but then again, i think Howard is an idiot for following Bush...

well, anyway, i don't think you should make generalisations of "scientific thinkers" vs "religious thinkers", because that's just not the way the world works. I think that any rational thinker would be able to see the consequencees of a war started with no (actual) foundations, and those who supported Bush are just idiots, and not non-God believers.

But, yeah, don't make biased generalisations, because they can hurt when they're wrong.

.... why are we talking about Bush? Well, anway, i'm an athiest, and i don't believe in any gods of any sort, so there.
yeah, I know, I like, gave up on you years ago. But you incline Buddhism a little of all religions dont you? *on MSN now*

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
ZJ NingNing said:
yeah, I know, I like, gave up on you years ago. But you incline Buddhism a little of all religions dont you? *on MSN now*
yeah, i'm a little inclined towards Buddhism, but remember, Buddhism doesn't actual have a 'god' of any sort. It's more of a set of values that you follow, that will eventually lead you to a fulfilled life (or nirvana, if that's what you want to call it). And my dad's a Buddhist, and he's one of the most rational-minded people i know. <3 dad.

taylor427

HSC
nahh, i rekon-

jesus couldda been just someone with a mental handicap.. like schitzophrenia or something, and claimed all those things he claimed.
and them the romans killed him because he was crazy and telling ppl all this,
and then the bible wasnt written untill like what a century afetr his death... and now like a billion people world wide beleive in it.

hmmm...

ill just stick with buddhism.
karma's good

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
taylor427 said:
nahh, i rekon-

jesus couldda been just someone with a mental handicap.. like schitzophrenia or something, and claimed all those things he claimed.
and then the bible wasnt written untill like what a century afetr his death... and now like a billion people world wide beleive in it.

hmmm...

ill just stick with buddhism.
karma's good
indeed. :uhhuh:

who needs a god, when you can be your own god.

taylor427

HSC
ssejamafone said:
yeah, i'm a little inclined towards Buddhism, but remember, Buddhism doesn't actual have a 'god' of any sort. It's more of a set of values that you follow, that will eventually lead you to a fulfilled life (or nirvana, if that's what you want to call it). And my dad's a Buddhist, and he's one of the most rational-minded people i know. <3 dad.
yeah buddhism sems to be the best thing ever i rekon.buddhas not a god, just a champ who everyone loves and makes big statues of, i wanna buddha statue, first one i fond im getting.

yeh be your own god lol, or find a girl to worship lol.

*karma* - dont forget it

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
T-mac01 said:
See this thread like this.

You have a war against the U.S.

People who don't believe in God = people who supported the stupid alien monkey aka G.W Bush who apparently has a little bit of credibility for his 136 IQ score but that's enough for the rest of the stupid monkeys to trust him because of it just as much as a lot of people worship how limited science their own people have discovered out of trillions of other possible discoveries

People who foresaw the obvious truth of war's consequence = God's believers and this does not include those that think God is a custom of tradition

Finally, you have the ultimate truth, the unstoppable force of nature that no average human beings may have ever witnessed

And those that don't believe in God's existence are trying hard to wipe their own ass clean by making every single possible logic a mess just like those idiots that are still in the states of denial for their complete utter ignorance for having supported war and chaos in the first place. But you know, they just can't stop shiting themselves so they have to get their own enemies 'God's believers' to clean it for them.
Atheists are (as a group) most likely to lean left, vote democrat, be anti-war... there wouldn't be too many Bush supporters in their ranks. Meanwhile Bush got to office on the back of a strong christian evangelical campaign in both elections.

I don't normally bring this sort of petty crap up but after viewing your post it seemed a fair reply.

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
taylor427 said:
yeah buddhism sems to be the best thing ever i rekon.buddhas not a god, just a champ who everyone loves and makes big statues of, i wanna buddha statue, first one i fond im getting.

yeh be your own god lol, or find a girl to worship lol.

*karma* - dont forget it
haha, i've got, like, 10 buddha statuettes at home. they're cute with their little round tummies .....

But, too much reverence to even Buddha can turn him into a god-like figure, so he will just be my funky role model.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
T-mac01 said:
People who don't believe in God = people who supported the stupid alien monkey aka G.W Bush who apparently has a little bit of credibility for his 136 IQ score but that's enough for the rest of the stupid monkeys to trust him because of it just as much as a lot of people worship how limited science their own people have discovered out of trillions of other possible discoveries

People who foresaw the obvious truth of war's consequence = God's believers and this does not include those that think God is a custom of tradition.
Where are you getting this stuff from? There are plenty of counter-examples to your claims.

Also, what do you mean when you say that people like myself make "every single possible logic a mess"?

ellen.louise

HSC
T-mac01 said:
I See this thread like this.

You have a war against the U.S.

People who foresaw the obvious truth of war's consequence = God's believers and this does not include those that think God is a custom of tradition

Finally, you have the ultimate truth, the unstoppable force of nature that no average human beings may have ever witnessed

And those that don't believe in God's existence are trying hard to wipe their own ass clean by making every single possible logic a mess just like those idiots that are still in the states of denial for their complete utter ignorance for having supported war and chaos in the first place. But you know, they just can't stop shiting themselves so they have to get their own enemies 'God's believers' to clean it for them.
Enteebee said:
Atheists are (as a group) most likely to lean left, vote democrat, be anti-war... there wouldn't be too many Bush supporters in their ranks. Meanwhile Bush got to office on the back of a strong christian evangelical campaign in both elections.

I don't normally bring this sort of petty crap up but after viewing your post it seemed a fair reply.
Both of these arguments are kind of untrue. But I agree with the second one just a little bit more.
First of all...
to the first poster, Bush did in fact use christianity as a driving force behind the war. Also, there is only one world, and the more you divide it into 'beleivers' and 'non beleivers' the more you try to separate 'non christians' from God (instead it would be better to think of them as also God's people, even if they don't want to be) and, of course, you are making monumental blanket statements and sweeping generalizations that are entirely unsupported (I won't say biased because everyone has opinion). Mostly though I disagree with your post because it reeks of self-satisfied conceit. It doesn't come across well in these forums when someone states that their religion is better. It doesn't work that way.
your idea that christians and atheists are enemies is also complete bull. I kind of think your argument shows a similar attitude to George W Bush in that matter. also, the person you replied to was talking about the thread being a 'holy war,' not the america/iraq thing.

To the second poster, I kind of think everyone's equally likely to support the war or not support it. Plenty of Christians are against the war on a moral basis, as are atheists. I agree it was a fair call though.

Last edited:

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
ellen.louise said:
Both of these arguments are kind of untrue. But I agree with the second one just a little bit more.
First of all...
to the first poster, Bush did in fact use christianity as a driving force behind the war. Also, there is only one world, and the more you divide it into 'beleivers' and 'non beleivers' the more you try to separate 'non christians' from God (instead it would be better to think of them as also God's people, even if they don't want to be) and, of course, you are making monumental blanket statements and sweeping generalizations that are entirely unsupported (I won't say biased because everyone has opinion). Mostly though I disagree with your post because it reeks of self-satisfied conceit. It doesn't come across well in these forums when someone states that their religion is better. It doesn't work that way.
your idea that christians and atheists are enemies is also complete bull. I kind of think your argument shows a similar attitude to George W Bush in that matter. also, the person you replied to was talking about the thread being a 'holy war,' not the america/iraq thing.

To the second poster, I kind of think everyone's equally likely to support the war or not support it. Plenty of Christians are against the war on a moral basis, as are atheists. I agree it was a fair call though.
I think you've all forgotten that I was specifically replying in reference to this thread only.

Anyway, most of you schooled me on one thing and I'm fine with that coz I don't really care about politics such as how their campaign works nor do I want to know about it. And you're right that most Christians would not have supported GB on war and GB may have used Christianity as his main driving force for having started his campaign blablabla.

And kfunk, I was talking about few of the others that I was kinda arguing against much earlier in this thread. Probably like the end of last year.
This is why I hate people in this thread that try to use the phrase 'science proves it wrong' and those kinda bullshit. Firstly, I get the feeling that most of the guys who say that knows even less about science than the average person and they try to use it because they just don't believe god/s exist/s while saying that would make their arguments a bit more valid and intelligent.
Secondly, some dumbasses posted comments like E=mc^2 and since i don't feel his energy, there is no mass which means God doesn't exist. And now you're trying to tell me they're not deliberately sabotage the point of this thread with their pathetic little gimmick.

Does anyone have any idea how God's form and shape really looks like? NO!!!
Has anyone seen how an actual atom and universe really work and look like? No!!!
Can people work it out by applying science? Maybe.
Are we almost there yet? In your dreams

So don't use science as an excuse, otherwise you deserve smacks on the back of your head for being a stupid fool.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
I'm not saying that 'atheism' makes them against the war or that religiocity makes them support it, I'm just saying that as a general sample we can say atheists are most likely to also be against the war.

ellen.louise

HSC
Enteebee said:
I'm not saying that 'atheism' makes them against the war or that religiocity makes them support it, I'm just saying that as a general sample we can say atheists are most likely to also be against the war.
Yeah I got that. I'm just wondering why.

robbie1

HSC
taylor427 said:
nahh, i rekon-

Consider the Sermon on the Mount in Matthew, chapters 5-7. Does this look to you like the ravings of a lunatic?

Read His deft answer to the people who wanted to catch Him in his words (Mark 12: 13-17).

Observe the brilliance and subtlety of His answer to those who wanted to stone the woman caught in adultery (John 8: 1-11).

This kind of savvy is hardly evidence of madness. No wonder people who tried to trick him were "astonished by his answer [and] became silent" (Luke 20:26).

His lucidity, sense of perspective and irony do not indicate madness, but great sanity.

Nor does His iron resolve to meet his fate look like madness. We never get the impression that He desires death; instead He believes himself to be commanded by God the Father to overcome death by giving His life "as a ransom for many" (1 Timothy: 2:6).

Red-Ink-Frenzy

HSC
Okay, I haven't read any of the above posts, but here's what I think (purely my opinion): God does not exist.
1) "God" didn't write the bible. It was written by man.
2) Why would he kill his own creations?
3) The earth WAS NOT created in seven days - we know this as fact. And if we cannot take this section of "God's word" as the utter truth, then what else in the bible is a lie?

taylor427

HSC
hey robbie1

didnt mean to offend anyone ay,

i say everyman to their own beleif-
but that only works when people arent dickheads imposing their faith or bombing the living be-jevus outta anyone who is different.

hmm...

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Red-Ink-Frenzy said:
3) The earth WAS NOT created in seven days - we know this as fact. And if we cannot take this section of "God's word" as the utter truth, then what else in the bible is a lie?
You've taken this literally. Seven days does not mean a day defined by 24hrs.

Get your facts straight.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Exphate said:
WELL IT SAYS SEVEN DAYS> WTF ARE WE MEANT TO TAKE IT AS
Day and night wasn't created by God on the first "day". Hence we cannot take it as 24hrs. We take it as an unknown peroid of time, probably because it establishes a happy medium with the Big Bang Theory.

Last edited:
HSC
Exphate said:
WELL IT SAYS SEVEN DAYS> WTF ARE WE MEANT TO TAKE IT AS
that's a very good question. it was never meant to actually mean seven days, that part of the bible (like a lot of it i suppose) was all metaphorical.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Exphate said:
Then why state it as 7 dayas as oppose to an indefinate period of tyme
For simplicity, people weren't anywhere near as intelligent as we are now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)