Does God exist? (4 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Riqtay said:
Moonlight Sonata, let me get this straight. You believe that there are creations, yet the universe wasn't created.
I believe that there are creations, and that we do not know whether the universe was created or not.

Additionally, there is nothing contradictory about saying that there are creations, but that the universe was not created. Withoutaface made the point quite bluntly (hah), "I believe that knives exist. I however believe that this keyboard is not a knife."
Riqtay said:
I believe that this is a biased application of logic.
That statement does not tell us anything relevant about the argument. It is also an indirect ad hominem fallacy.

gerhard

HSC

HotShot

-_-
HSC
gerhard said:
Yeah I know, infact I mentioned it when I posted it. But the article is fully sourced, so I don't think there is much to complain about.
but the muslims apart from the greeks were the only ones to believe in it? rite?
cos christians at the time knew jack shit about medicine.

anyhow god doesnt exist, simply cos the universe exists.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
What do you mean the christians knew jack shit about medicine... I have no idea what you're on about? Rome stole alot of greek culture so I don't imagine it's that hard to comprehend christians knowing about this and it just not being in the bible.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
What do you mean the christians knew jack shit about medicine... I have no idea what you're on about? Rome stole alot of greek culture so I don't imagine it's that hard to comprehend christians knowing about this and it just not being in the bible.
i read in this history book, which we were using in yr8 that typically would amputate the limbs if there were was an infection, whilst an arab on the other hand would apply medicine and avoid amputation.

It basically described this arab who went to FRance, during the middle ages, and it describes how he was shocked by their medical procedures and lack of knowledge.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
So tell me this Christians, who came first, Adam and Eve, or the Dinosaurs?

Weren't Adam and Eve supposed to be the first beings on earth?

And, out of interest, why do you believe in god? Is it because someone told you he exists so you believe them?

Think about it.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Only extreme fundamentalist Christians believe the story of genesis to be fact.

They're insane and should just be ignored anyway.

Last edited:

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Egronk said:
So tell me this Christians, who came first, Adam and Eve, or the Dinosaurs?

Weren't Adam and Eve supposed to be the first beings on earth?

And, out of interest, why do you believe in god? Is it because someone told you he exists so you believe them?

Think about it.
this is EXACTLY what i mean about people who disrespect the PEOPLE

where you don't know jack
where you use patronising questions
and assume that if they cannot answer one question of yours, they should stop believing entirely, because it is just that simple.

no Christian would take that post in. Not one.

you couldve worded your queries in a much sincere way, but you chose not to. and you expect people to sincerely "think about it"?

Last edited:

Salima

HSC
davin said:
Which three books are you talking about? The three main ones would be the respective scriptures of Judaism, Chrstianity, and Islam, and those three are all related as all are considered Abrhamic religions. They all come from the same region of the world, early Christianity was initially a branch of Judiasm, and Islam followed far later, though I'm less familiar in its more detailed place within the region. They still all originated in the same area of the world...
The world, back then, each little region was still pretty isolated form all the others, not completely that is true, but such influences, well you know how it goes. Lots of little kingdoms like to keep to themselves.

Al-Qur'an is the books of Ibrahim, Torah of Moses, Pslams of David, Gospels of Jesus all in one. It is all these, but because they've become corrupted the Qur'an was brought. It is all of them before but unchanged.

SashatheMan said:
its funyn how, muslims try to explain how accurate the quran is when it comes to do with science, but its onnly accurate if you change words around, and you egnore the litarral meaning and use some farfetched explanation.

oh and by the way , the quran still sais, the sperm comes from the area around the kidneys. tsk tsk how fuking wrong is th at
Where does it say this? I've never seen this before! You don't understand the complexity of the Qur'an; do you?

Did you actually read any of the links I told you to read? I already posted an article that refutes pretty much everything you said, before you said it. Everything the Quran says about Embryology was previously said by Galen, and the professor you are quoting has already said that he was mistaken. And it says all of this on the link I already posted.
http://www.bible.ca/islam/islam-myths-embryology.htm

You are embarassing yourself here. Seriously, if you expect me to read your responses, you could at least have the courtesy of reading mine.

In a bible sight, oh that's going to be non-bias! Christianity and Catholicism teach you not to ask questions or to read other peoples text because it's like devilish. Do you kow that even i surah An-Nahl (16):66, it speaks of physiology, and the digestion and how the body becomes nutried by food and such. Did you know that it describes the process, did you know that it speaks about the several layers of atmosphere surah 34 (I think or 39). And That they new about orbit..it says the word i a surah speaking about the earth and sun, and that the sun was the centre, that it consumes itself, ( the sun does burn, it burns up its full, its gases..therfore consuming itself)...they new that from the Al-Qur'an that event he twinkling lights in the sky were also suns like the on we orbit around.

The stuff about the Greeks. We've already talked about this in another forum. Everyone who has some decensy and knowledge in the minds and the capacity for knowledge would know that a lot of things especially in sanitation was discovered by greeks and placed into practise by Romans. But then idiot europeans and brits lost this knowledge, as they lost and forgot and latered the knowledge of the previous books of God. They forgot this great knowledge. But who can you thank for bringing this knowledge back? Muslim Moor scholars! Then as they translated it into arabic, scholars in Spain and Sisily translated it itot heir tongues and passed the knowledge on.

Many were taken back by Muslim knowledge. But just becuase they looked at the work of greek scholars does not mean it all came from their and made it all up form here and just guessed the rest.

Remember as I keep saying, you will not believe in the words of the Qur'an, you will ont understand them unless you believe. It was made for believers, not to prove it to none believers. For non-muslims iwll always be so beucase that is their destiny. And, you will not become muslim until it's your time as allocated by god, even if you tried as hard as you god not to believe. So you will conintue to say these thigns you think refutes Qur'an, when you actually cannot when you do not know it or understand it because you will not try. You must learn all things to understand UQr'an. You must look at literal words...like the sperm thing..I know that they knoew about sperm, that is is compusedof two things, and that the essence of it impregnants the woman. By essence the arabic literal is best of, so the best part of the sperm is the best swimmer you know!

Salima

HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
I believe that there are creations, and that we do not know whether the universe was created or not.
So why not open up your mind ot the possibility of a god? or will you live forever in nothingness? Inshalllah, whatever be the will of god!

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Salima said:
Where does it say this? I've never seen this before! You don't understand the complexity of the Qur'an; do you?

i posted it dozens of times. Maybe you havent read the quran properly.

What complexity? You mean the vague, non-scientific jibberish , which if you twist around long enough, can be interpretted into anything.

Salima

HSC
SashatheMan said:
the fundementalists just speak out more because they are so brainwashed , they will defend their belief to the core.
Both do. Christians do it more hush hush as you say, indoctrinatin, loook at wife swap today on nine!

Salima

HSC
HotShot said:
but the muslims apart from the greeks were the only ones to believe in it? rite?
cos christians at the time knew jack shit about medicine.

anyhow god doesnt exist, simply cos the universe exists.
Did you know that in the middle ages that tey beleived women could suffer from crazy womb..you know when they seem to act odd adn thought is was thier wombs moving round thier bodies. It was probably just PMS, puberty or menapause, cuase you know, BIG BURSTS OF HORMONES!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Salima said:
So why not open up your mind ot the possibility of a god? or will you live forever in nothingness? Inshalllah, whatever be the will of god!
He is open to the possibility of a god, that's why he's an agnostic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)