Does God exist? (15 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
inasero said:
Where do you suppose you derive all pleasure and joy?
How can you possibly reconcile your pleasure and joy with all the suffering that's going on in this world?
I don't 'feel' the suffering of other people, my life is fairly joyous or at least far more joyous than nothingness. Do you think I should feel bad that my life is better than others? How do YOU reconcile YOUR pleasure delivered to you by god while others suffer? It seems perfectly natural from my understanding of the world that many will suffer. You can't reconcile it using human terms, you just have to say "well god's probably right" and leave it at that.

inasero said:
Why thank you, in all seriousness I'm glad you consider me dogmatic because it shows I'm doing my job properly, which is to speak the truth.
If you want to be dogmatic don't bother posting, or perhaps we will be equally daft of rationality as you?

God doesn't exist because I say so and you're wrong.

All your posts to me are red herrings, address my claims.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I have nothing against Jesus.

But I certainly have no respect for blind zealots like you and inasero. :)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
inasero said:
Where do you suppose you derive all pleasure and joy?
How can you possibly reconcile your pleasure and joy with all the suffering that's going on in this world?
Just as God isn't the source of all pleasure and pain, the LACK of God doesn't require the reconciliation of joy and suffering. They just are, and a necessarily and inescapable consequence of being intelligent animals with the questionable luxury of feeling and contemplating both.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
But Jesus was the son of God so how could that possibly be the case?
That is the corruption, brother!
Allah refers to Jesus (pbuh) not as the Son of God but as the son of Mary, "his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary" (Sura 3:45). And he was just a prophet, "Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger of Allah" (Sura 4:171)

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
There are many things worth dying for.

Family
Friends
Knowledge
Saving/Helping Others.

I would gladly die to save the life of someone that I love, regardless of the fact that I don't believe in an afterlife. Your belief in the afterlife cheapens the act of saving someone else.

"Nah it's cool see you when you respawn."

Just as Jesus died, but then UNDIED. Completely undoing the good nature of the act.
In bold: That is incredible.. ..

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Enteebee said:
I don't 'feel' the suffering of other people, my life is fairly joyous or at least far more joyous than nothingness. Do you think I should feel bad that my life is better than others? How do YOU reconcile YOUR pleasure delivered to you by god while others suffer? It seems perfectly natural from my understanding of the world that many will suffer. You can't reconcile it using human terms, you just have to say "well god's probably right" and leave it at that.

If you want to be dogmatic don't bother posting, or perhaps we will be equally daft of rationality as you?

God doesn't exist because I say so and you're wrong.

All your posts to me are red herrings, address my claims.
The point of this thread is to find out "Does God Exist", no? Well then if this faith stuff doesn't satisfy you, want do you want me to tell you?

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Did you ever consider that god hates you? That he doesn't want you to blindly worship him? Did you ever consider that god values logic and rationality over blind faith?

Just so you know, I have a Holy Bible right in front of me.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
inasero said:
The point of this thread is to find out "Does God Exist", no? Well then if this faith stuff doesn't satisfy you, want do you want me to tell you?
Well if this faith stuff is all you have to offer then it 'proves' that God does not exist as well as we can ever prove anything... so if this is all you have to offer and you're not willing to debate the merits of faith-based beliefs then the discussion is over and I don't want to hear anything more from you. It would be like if you joined this discussion and I just said 'God doesn't exist' over and over again without any supporting reasons, eventually you would get tired of talking to an intellectual brickwall.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
3unitz said:
not just any type of bears - SHE BEARS!!!
Lol , i might tell my uncle about that story , heheheeee!!!!
Why doesnt God send bears on my enemies....i guess i dont have any yet :)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
inasero said:
What if I insulted someone in your family and told them they needed to take a joke?
Yeah Mum... man, she worked pretty hard eh... lot of cock for cash hey?

My mums got big boobs. If you want to hook up with her, that's fine eh.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Kwayera said:
I feel much the same as Dan.
That is beautiful.
The only atheist i ever knew ( and i have tried not to stereotype...to the best of my ability) was so harsh , there was no love or kindness or compassion or gentleness or depth in anything he said.
He talked of our worthlessness etc. I felt so sorry for him....sounds like you are totally different though

Oh wow i just reread what i wrote...im far too vulnerable and young sounding.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Schroedinger said:
Windmills do not work that way.

There are so many arguments for the existence of god that do not rely on biblical literalism and thus can be actually debated rather than yelled from a soapbox.
I do not think it's possible to scientifically argue the existence of God, if that's what you're looking for. He is just so beyond our limited human understanding it would be a pointless exercise and I think the day we do we'll become Gods (read: never).

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
inasero said:
I do not think it's possible to scientifically argue the existence of God, if that's what you're looking for. He is just so beyond our limited human understanding it would be a pointless exercise and I think the day we do we'll become Gods (read: never).
Weird....you seem to repeat alot that I say?

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
inasero said:
Nietzsche motherfucker, do you read it? This is a philisophical debate. not fucking science vs christianity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)