Does God exist? (18 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
You do realise you have effectively removed yourself from the debate because you've said there is nothing that could sway you.

We're done here.
why do feel the you need to sway me?

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
just because i don't think that anything you can say can sway me does not mean that i have a closed mind.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
The problem for evolutionists is that if this is true, it would deal a major blow to evolutionism theory. Some evolutionists will say that if a few dinosaurs were found alive today, it would not do harm to evolutionism. But we're not talking about a few isolated incidents. There are many incidents around the world that are documented in many different cultures. The evidence suggests that this interaction between humans and dinosaurs has in the past been wide-spread, not isolated. If true, this would indeed present a major problem for evolutionists to explain using their world view of origins.
I like your signature. She is brilliant.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Schroedinger said:
The problem for evolutionists is that if this is true, it would deal a major blow to evolutionism theory.
Watching this youtube yesterday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmC4dwCcsUs&feature=related

Starting gold at 7:00. He talks in the video about a site in texas, where many human and dinosaur footprints were found in the same cretacous rock. It's doing my head in. How can this be?

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Graney said:
Watching this youtube yesterday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmC4dwCcsUs&feature=related

Starting gold at 7:00. He talks in the video about a site in texas, where many human and dinosaur footprints were found in the same cretacous rock. It's doing my head in. How can this be?
it's because the earth is really only thousands of years old, not millions of years old like the evolutionists say

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Schroedinger said:
It's clearly not a hoax.

Looks like I'm wrong and the baptists are right.

Fuck.
That's it, science is over.

EDIT: posting that video and being seriously supportive of it on BIOL1002 blackboard's message board, will see if anyone responds

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Will Shakespear said:
EDIT: posting that video and being seriously supportive of it on BIOL1002 blackboard's message board, will see if anyone responds
Well played.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
how would it be possible to make hoax footprints, or even embed a steel tool in rock?

inasero

Reborn
HSC
lol hai
how was your weekend? i only got back from sydney lasy night
i'm so tired

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
inasero said:
lol hai
how was your weekend? i only got back from sydney lasy night
i'm so tired
Poor you:(
Yes , i am alright...so very very busy...i dont know why Im on here , lol!
Better go
cya :)

inasero

Reborn
HSC
You didn't answer my question! If it could be done, I suppose it would be evidence against what this guy's trying to say in the video. But if not, then his claims deserve investigation.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
inasero said:
You didn't answer my question! If it could be done, I suppose it would be evidence against what this guy's trying to say in the video. But if not, then his claims deserve investigation.
You're making the same class of error I made re: use your common sense. Outlandish claims that contradict everything we know about history and biology do not require investigation.

In answer to your question, it wouldn't be at all hard to set up as a hoax.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
so what? heliocentrism and helicobacter pylori were similarly "Outlandish claims that contradict everything we know [knew] about history and biology" at the time.

in response to your reply...if you could prove it possible to fabricate that kind of evidence i might be convinced.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Although genuine dinosaur tracks are abundant in Texas, claims of human tracks have not withstood close scientific scrutiny, and in recent years have been largely abandoned even by most creationists. Alleged Paluxy "man tracks" involve a variety of spurious phenomena, including metatarsal dinosaur tracks, erosional features, indistinct markings of unknown origin, and a few loose carvings.

http://paleo.cc/paluxy/mantrack.htm

Comparing it to great discoveries of science is completely retarded.
I shouldn't have said "Outlandish claims that contradict everything we know about history and biology do not require investigation", everything deserves investigation, more to say that I personally don't feel any need to investigate in claims like these, I trust plenty of men of science have already found fault with such radical claims. If there was any real doubt or debate of a 6000 year old universe pretty sure you would hear about it.

Last edited:

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
Optimus Prime said:
The earth is only 6000 years old because the bible says it is. I know the bible is true because god says it is and in the bible it says what god says is true. That's all the proof I need.
... And what about all this geological evidence of rocks that are upwards of hundreds of millions years old? How would you explain that?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I keep asking it and nobody answers me

What happened to the people who lived and died before the advent of Christianity? Where did they go? Heaven or hell or nothing? From a religious viewpoint please.

Shit, even my scripture teacher in high school dodged the question when I asked it in year 8. What's the big idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)