Does God exist? (7 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Wassup? said:
Yo people, I guarantee when you disect quotes and write a page responce to each sentence, people just scroll through your responce and don't read it.
Correction, only illiterate retards who don't want to get pwned don't read it.

If you like I'll translate it all phonetically for you

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
katie tully said:
Correction, only illiterate retards who don't want to get pwned don't read it.

If you like I'll translate it all phonetically for you
I is very smart in English. I do trials exam on monday and I write very lot of paper responces for the questions. I is much smarterer then youse ok?

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
Most of us assumed you skipped it because you close your eyes tight clutch your bible and scream "NOTHING WILL SHAKE MY BELIEF" from the rooftops. Your participation in this discussion is closed as you've entered with an opinion that cannot be changed.
And you havn't entered into this with a closed mind, you can not tell me that no matter what i say you would never change your mind about religion?

Last edited:

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
Schroedinger said:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah

DARKKKKK FORCESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Which was an incredible game, by the way.
WITCHES, WARLOCKS, DEMONS EVILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!

Yeah, dark forces wasn't too shabby.

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
And you havn't?
I seriously agree with you. Schroedinger came into this 'discussion' with the one mentality: God doesn't exist, and he hasn't seemed to sway from it nor has he taken into account the perspectives of others.

He just seems to shoot down anyone who disagrees with him with his witty one-liners.

Last edited:

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
Schroedinger said:
^^ That's utter bullshit.

Some very simple things to prove god's existence:

* Some direct intervention by a foreign force (then again this could just be another civilisation... powerful enough technology looks like magic to people)
* An alien race that believes in the same religion (So it's not an anthropocentric revelation)
* A direct suspension of any laws of nature that indicate a 'miracle'.

Really, really, really simple criteria. Try and argue your way around that one you feckless intellectual vagrants
I rest my case. Mate, I don't believe in religion, I'm Agnostic, but that doesn't mean I don't listen to other's opinions or beliefs, because after all, their thoughts are just as important as mine, no matter how illogical or floored their thoughts may appear to me.

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
Schroedinger said:
I meant as in argue that I am unwavering in my faith sonny jim. Biblebasher over there said she wouldn't even give up the ghost if the body of jesus was found, which is kinda... y'know... big.

I'm saying i'll be down on my knees praying like the rest of them at the fulfillment of some very simple criteria that I'd consider evidence for god.

Case irrevocably CLOESD
Fair enough, so would I, but what I'm saying is that you should listen to everyone's opinions, because you could actually learn a thing or two from them.

and lol about not giving up the ghost if the body of the Macdaddy of Christianity was found.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
emytaylors responses remind me of this;

Have you ever tried to show a blind man the sky? He can't see it, but he believes it's there because why would you lie to him? And if everybody who can see believes there is a sky, despite not being able to see it for himself the blind man believes it. Why would you lie?

I get that from the Bible freaks. We can't see it, but the Bible tells us it's true, and why would the Bible lie?

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
katie tully said:
emytaylors responses remind me of this;

Have you ever tried to show a blind man the sky? He can't see it, but he believes it's there because why would you lie to him? And if everybody who can see believes there is a sky, despite not being able to see it for himself the blind man believes it. Why would you lie?

I get that from the Bible freaks. We can't see it, but the Bible tells us it's true, and why would the Bible lie?
If I were the blind man, and I'm presented with testable proof to suggest that the sky is real, then I wouldn't dispute it. What I have trouble understanding is how can you believe in something that you cannot see, nor can anyone prove it. It's beyond me.

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
Schroedinger said:
If you'd read the thread you'd see that most of us tried at first and then gave up when she
a) didn't read what we posted
b) copypasted idiotic responses from elsewhere on the web
c) just acted in a generally offensive manner in the 11 year old that was raped abortion thread.
I've tried to avoid this thread as much as I can because it's an issue which I think nobody can decide on, nor do I think anyone can prove or disprove God's existence.

Emytaylor really is stupid if she is as you describe.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Wassup? said:
If I were the blind man, and I'm presented with testable proof to suggest that the sky is real, then I wouldn't dispute it. What I have trouble understanding is how can you believe in something that you cannot see, nor can anyone prove it. It's beyond me.
How do you prove to a blind man that the sky exists? How do you test that there is a sky. When you call it a sky, it sounds like an object. The sky isn't an object. You can't pick it up and move it. How do you test it, to prove to a blind man that it exists?

Even if we get 100 people telling the blind man there is such a thing as the sky, there's still no way to prove it to him.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
The point is, if you get enough people who think something is true, like a billion catholics, they believe there is no burden of proof. How can that many people be wrong?

It's like at one time in history, people believed the sky could fall in. As though the sky was this tangible object. Enough people believed it, so why did they have to proove otherwise?

A lot of the stars in the sky we see are dead. They don't exist anymore. As far as we're concerned they do exist, because we can see them.

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
I'm already sick of this God talk. I'm off to study for Trials. Cya!

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
I wonder if atheists know just how difficult it is for a believer to challenge their belief in God. I know many will say they WERE religious and so they do. Many attitudes displayed, however, would not seem to fit the bill.
Or how strange it can seem - a whole perception of reality.....think of a life shaped by religious family , religious friends , religious schools , religious Churches - a whole religious life. It seems absurd , unthinkable.
Not to mention those precious personal experiences , and the thought of giving up a relationship with a God you love.

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
*TRUE* said:
I wonder if atheists know just how difficult it is for a believer to challenge their belief in God. I know many will say they WERE religious and so they do. Many attitudes displayed, however, would not seem to fit the bill.
Or how strange it can seem - a whole perception of reality.....think of a life shaped by religious family , religious friends , religious schools , religious Churches - a whole religious life. It seems absurd , unthinkable.
Not to mention those precious personal experiences , and the thought of giving up a relationship with a God you love.
I myself was born into a Muslim family. My entire family believed in Islam and I was around it my entire life. Heck! I breathed the religion!

After 15 years of having my eyes shut, and believing what everyone else told me to believe, I've given up my relationship with God. As far as I'm concerned, he doesn't exist, and why would an all-loving, all-caring God who supposedly created this Earth, wreak havoc and destruction onto his products, and allow for war and famine to be at the forefront of our world today?

Seriously, God can fuck himself if he does exist.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
katie tully said:
What.

Nice generalisation. We'll use an example. I was brought up Catholic. At about 12 I started to question this belief system that had been handed to me. I got into my religion thinking maybe if I digged harder, I'd find what it seemed everybody else had.
I didn't. So I questioned it. I felt guilty, I thought 'shit if I make the wrong decision I'm doomed', etcetera. After a few years, and by the time I was 15, I had well and truly decided that I was an atheist, and that everything I had believed in was a dirty sham.

So no, it's not easy. I haven't seen anybody here say it was easy.

But go back to what I just said. If you get enough people saying something is true, and if this lie is perpetuated over enough years, then people begin to think there is no need to prove what they believe. 'How can this many people be wrong'

Yes , i think you are exactly right (in the bold). It (God's existance) is not something anyone in my circle have ever questioned.
This is getting personal but i asked my awesome boyfriend ( bible college man)some questions I had , some things that were bothering me about my faith - his response was mostly comprised of a warning to take care not to be deceived. So you see , i think many religious people have a knee jerk response to critisism of their faith.

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
katie tully said:
What.

Nice generalisation. We'll use an example. I was brought up Catholic. At about 12 I started to question this belief system that had been handed to me. I got into my religion thinking maybe if I digged harder, I'd find what it seemed everybody else had.
I didn't. So I questioned it. I felt guilty, I thought 'shit if I make the wrong decision I'm doomed', etcetera. After a few years, and by the time I was 15, I had well and truly decided that I was an atheist, and that everything I had believed in was a dirty sham.

So no, it's not easy. I haven't seen anybody here say it was easy.

But go back to what I just said. If you get enough people saying something is true, and if this lie is perpetuated over enough years, then people begin to think there is no need to prove what they believe. 'How can this many people be wrong'
Dug.

The same thing pretty much happened to me. I felt so guilty questioning that which I had believed in all my life and that which I took for truth. Nowadays, I've got no problem with saying that God is a wanker cunt.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Wassup? said:
Dug.

The same thing pretty much happened to me. I felt so guilty questioning that which I had believed in all my life and that which I took for truth. Nowadays, I've got no problem with saying that God is a wanker cunt.
No bitch motherfucker, I digged WITH MY HANDS. DIGGED. BARE HANDS.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
*TRUE* said:
[/B]
Yes , i think you are exactly right (in the bold). It (God's existance) is not something anyone in my circle have ever questioned.
This is getting personal but i asked my awesome boyfriend ( bible college man)some questions I had , some things that were bothering me about my faith - his response was mostly comprised of a warning to take care not to be deceived. So you see , i think many religious people have a knee jerk response to critisism of their faith.
I think that if people can't handle criticism of their faith, there is an underlying issue. This issue is that deep down, they question their faith. A knee jerk reaction means to me that you're not confident enough in your faith, and the response you get is a stamping foot, crossed arms and a pout.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)