• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Their whole argument has been spitting in the face of the law of conservation of energy, which pisses on the second law of thermodynamics which makes baby Jesus cry

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Oooh Inasero, busted. I saw your post before you deleted it.

Asking Dan to try and prove evolution theologically is an excercise in futility because it can't be done.

the bible said:
"When God[2] began to create heaven and earth, and the earth then was welter and waste and darkness over the deep and God's breath hovering over the waters, God said, 'Let there be light.' and there was light" [3]; the "firmament" separating "the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament;" dry land and seas and plants and trees which grew fruit with seed; the sun, moon and stars in the firmament; air-breathing sea creatures and birds; and on the sixth day, "the beasts of the earth according to their kinds." "Then God said, Let us make man in our image ... in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them."[4] On the seventh day God rests from the task of completing the heavens and the earth: "So God blessed the seventh day and hallowed it, because on it God rested from all his work which he had done in creation."

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
He basically asked you to prove evolution in a theological sense, and if you can't you have no testicular fortitude.

He's saying your seminiferous tubules and epididymis dont contain any spermatazoa. Sexual harrassment panda.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Also, since when does this forum ban people for voicing an opinion?

Oh wait, mods like Inasero do when they are intellectually outstripped! Well done sir.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Enteebee said:
That is totally irrelevant to the point I was making. :sleep:

so umm, "God as the universe" is pretty much atheism
Well, not really. I believe God exists, and God isn't "the universe", meaning our universe. But rather a seperate universe from which ours was defined. Now considering the definition of energy must exist in the universe, and for all practical purposes, the effects of energy, all the energy in our universe is registered in that universe.

If that is the case, the moment in which our universe developed minds capable of consciousness, so too would that universe. Consciousness has a way of attempting to preserve itself. So without a doubt in my mind based purely on this, I believe that there is another universe, and through either it's own mechanism, or by the registering of energy in that universe, it would have developed consciousness, or a collective consciousness (the combined consciousness of all beings). That is to say not only is God conscious, God resides in a universe capable of defining or redefining all energy in our universe.

Contrary to what Slidey might think, I did not reach this conclusion as it supports my beliefs, but rather, these conclusions support my beliefs because they do.

Ofcourse I'm now bordering on something extremely blasphemous, scientifically illiterate, and completely speculative.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Kwayera said:
Also, since when does this forum ban people for voicing an opinion?

Oh wait, mods like Inasero do when they are intellectually outstripped! Well done sir.
Inasero, eh?
Not too familiar with him myself.

You know who would be a good candidate for mod?
*points to self*

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
katie tully said:
your sig and av is so orange and red sam

edit: wait when did you become a communist
Communism is far left.
I'm centre-left according to the tests I've done online.

I don't like the idea of money. So, I'm a communist.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
sam04u said:
Well, my personal belief is that the universe must be created by something. Let me explain why I believe that. If you look at the physical laws of our universe (Quantum Mechanics) you see that the universe is very finely tuned, and all the processes and laws all work in unison, supporting one another. If we look at the universe through that approach, the possibilities are almost limitless. There is only one limit in the universe which is the key to mine and many others understanding of the universe. That is the Conservation of Energy, and the Continuity Theory. (Both of which have been proven time and time again, through mathematics, science and theory.)

That is to say energy can neither be destroyed, nor created. And the total amount of energy in the world can never change. That is to say that there is a finite amount of energy in the world.
Actually, you're talking out of your arse. Conservation theorems haven't been proven in the strict sense. They've been proven in the approximate sense. You're still confusing scientific proof with absolute proof, which is a falling point for many theists. Considering the universe is mind-bogglingly more massive than the universe ever observable to humans, it's silly to apply local laws of physics to the universe as a (possibly infinite) whole with anything more than tentative hope.

I'll point you to Noether's Theorem yet again: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noether's_theorem

Moreover, even supposing there is invariance with respect to time, that does not preclude the total energy state of the universe falling or rising, as conservation is maintained through the wall tension of the vacuum bubble: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_vacuum#Bubble_nucleation

Just a few things to get you thinking, since you're still stuck in this "we know everything about the universe, thus x is completely impossible thus supernatural being" mindset.

Last edited:

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
The night I laid my eyes on you
I felt everything around me move
Got nervous when you looked my way
But you knew all the words to say

And your love slowly moved right in
All this time, oh my love, where you been

Mi amore
Don't you know
My love I want you so
Sugar
You make my soul complete
Rapture tastes so sweet

I'm mesmerised in every way
You keep me in a state of daze
Your kisses make my skin feel weak
Always melting in your heat

Then I soar like a bird in the wind
Oh I glide like I'm flying through heaven

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
katie tully said:
The night I laid my eyes on you
I felt everything around me move
Got nervous when you looked my way
But you knew all the words to say

And your love slowly moved right in
All this time, oh my love, where you been

Mi amore
Don't you know
My love I want you so
Sugar
You make my soul complete
Rapture tastes so sweet

I'm mesmerised in every way
You keep me in a state of daze
Your kisses make my skin feel weak
Always melting in your heat

Then I soar like a bird in the wind
Oh I glide like I'm flying through heaven
I used to love that song. Poor me.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
Also does anyone in this thread seriously believe the end of days is near?

EDIT: and the rapture
Sure do! I'm stock-piling food for the coming chain-reaction conversion of Earth to strangelet grey goo when the LHC starts.

We'll see who's laughing then.

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
Also does anyone in this thread seriously believe the end of days is near?

EDIT: and the rapture
You know, I once met someone who did. They thought the world was going to end in 2013 or something like that...

It was pretty damn creepy...

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC
Slidey said:
Sure do! I'm stock-piling food for the coming chain-reaction conversion of Earth to strangelet grey goo when the LHC starts.

We'll see who's laughing then.
This post reminds me of that stupid "Reality Bomb"

Kill it

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Captin gay said:
This post reminds me of that stupid "Reality Bomb"

Kill it
Um, dude, learn some physics. Strangelets are a fairly tame doomsday scenario because they would only consume Earth - localised.

Mini black holes are weak, because they'd quickly explode into a harmless amount of Hawking radiation, not harming anybody at all.

Schroedinger is on the money, though. A vacuum bubble... now, there's a REAL doomsday event. A vacuum metastability event would essentially result in the universe being 're-written', like a second big bang originating at Earth and consuming the universe at the speed of light (which is pretty fucking slow).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)