• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God exist? (4 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
Man I don't believe in god and can't ever since I realised that there's a giant universe out there and human religions don't want a bar of it.

Also, science. But seriously this hell stuff is just ludicrous, I've read worse shit in lovecraft. There is scarier stuff in lovecraft than this whole hell concept.
yeah i know there is a giant universe out there. and i know that my god is so powerful he created that. thats what amazes me. i know its hard to understand and yeah.
anyway

i'm pretty scared about the whole hell thing. i dont want to spend eternity without any joy in my life. that would be pointless.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Darnie said:
yeah i know there is a giant universe out there. and i know that my god is so powerful he created that. thats what amazes me. i know its hard to understand and yeah.
anyway

i'm pretty scared about the whole hell thing. i dont want to spend eternity without any joy in my life. that would be pointless.
I don't want to spend eternity with the kind of people who believe they're going to christian heaven tbh (with a few exceptions)

weirdos :/

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
I don't want to spend eternity with the kind of people who believe they're going to christian heaven tbh (with a few exceptions)

weirdos :/
why not?
there are some christians that piss me off with that stuff too
happy clappers
but yeah

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC
3unitz said:
if youre scared about it, i would seriously look at your relationship with god. an engineer needs to be utterly confident with any foundation before he starts building massive bridges and buildings. build your house on rocks, and through faith, KNOW that you will not be shaken.
i know he's there and i know what i have to do to get there.

i'm just scared of falling short. thats all. lol

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
The Lord is vengeful

O spiteful one, tell me who to smite and they shall be smoten!

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
that's what I was going to ask you
it was easy when i was young cause i was brought up in a christian family.

but then for a while i questioned and stuff, now i realised there must be.
i would have no purpose in life if i didnt follow christ. life would be pointless.
i mean
whats 70 years on eternity?
even if i do make an impact on a few people's lives, it would be pointless if i just died and nothing happened afterwards.
knowing i have god and knowing i am going to heaven gives me purpose in my life.

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC
3unitz said:
lol! god knows all fall short of his glory! its normal to lack faith sometimes and be angry with god, be angry with life, feel like youre not good enough... but what you feel, isnt necessarily the reality of the matter! god knows your past present and future, he knows you better than you know yourself (even the number of hairs on your head... think about this one its crazy!!!) but he accepts you for who you are no matter what. and indeed you need to feel scared of falling short, you need the fear of god and the drive to do better, because everyone has the potential to use their potential :)
thats what i was hoping :) lol

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Darnie said:
why not?
there are some christians that piss me off with that stuff too
happy clappers
but yeah
um lol because with the exception of like literally about three people the idea of spending eternity with every devout christian I have ever met is...eeh get that shit away from me. Sorry, but I can barely handle it now let alone for the rest of forever

besides I'm fairly sure there's no sex or good music in heaven. unless heaven is what you want it to be, not some ethereal cloud place, in which case I am so there.

smartbrother

HSC
First of all to you people who think that if God is all-knowing and our lives are predesitined, you are wrong. Not very logical is it? Humans are given free will and hence why we are given a brain, so we can think for ourselves. On another note, if you take a look around and see creation itself with your own eyes, then surely at some point in time the thought has crossed your mind that well maybe something bigger, something much bigger than we all are, has created it all. Logic points more towards the direction that a higher being had to have created all this. Think about your animals, and your own body, how could a "singularity point" like some people say have created those things. The amount of order that is involved shows some kind of intelligence was behind it all. Prove me wrong and ill show you a liar. Have a great day:)

smartbrother

HSC
3unitz said:
im not religious, i have a relationship with my lord. i believe in the only way, the single truth and the brightest of lights.
Ok i get where u are coming from mate

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
fuck me, if Shroedinger is going to hell, sign me up

goliwog

HSC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidey
fuck me, if Shroedinger is going to hell, sign me up

We're gonna have a big party. There'll be booze and iron maiden.
God has made a plan for everyone to go to heaven

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. jer 29:11

So you cant sign up for hell ... all you can do is determine your immediate destiny (follow gods plan or not follow gods plan)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)