Does God exist? (1 Viewer)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
J.a.d.e :-) said:
Yeah, well It's true...no-one can prove it.

Why debate something you can't prove. Time consuming and pointless.
The is a forum of nerds.
We get hard-ons when debating philosophy and theology

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
advanced sam said:
lets bring this back up for old time sakes
I have no idea what you're actually referring to, but after my post, i found it fitting and lol-worthy.

G

Goderator

ALL ATHIESTS MUST BE EXTERMINATED LESS THEY REPENT AND RESPECT THE EXISTANCE OF ALMIGHTY GOD.

nikolas

HSC
Goderator said:
ALL ATHIESTS MUST BE EXTERMINATED LESS THEY REPENT AND RESPECT THE EXISTANCE OF ALMIGHTY GOD.
Your post is highly informative, well thought out and thought provoking. The members of BOS would like to thank you for your valued contribution.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Goderator said:
I think you mean "UNLESS" rather than "LESS".
Cos at the moment it looks like you're calling for us to be exterminated because you're afraid we might repent.

nikolas

HSC
moll. said:
Cos at the moment it looks like you're calling for us to be exterminated because you're afraid we might repent.
LOL

ravenmorr

HSC
moll. said:
heres something for everyone to think of (if it takes anoter 600 pages ill make a new entry) 3 points:

1. in scientific dictionary terms, an atom/s & god have the same meaning.

2. that in the bible, it says everything is our choice & the commandments are guidelines to have a good life & when we die its our choice when we see god to repent or its our CHOICE to go to hell (learnt that in church today).

3. & final, cant we put that aside & agree to disagree? cause this solves nothing & its just like politics, WHO CARES what people believe in, just respect it & try to be peaceful.

PS. unless u hate the bastard & want to beat the living crap out of him, i just want front row seats & in about 5-10 minustes ill break up the fight.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
ravenmorr said:
heres something for everyone to think of (if it takes anoter 600 pages ill make a new entry) 3 points:

1. in scientific dictionary terms, an atom/s & god have the same meaning.
What

ravenmorr

HSC
God: a being that is everything & anything, also whom created all.

Atoms: a particul that is everything & anything, also created all.

nikolas

HSC
ravenmorr said:

What?!?

nikolas

HSC
ravenmorr said:
3. & final, cant we put that aside & agree to disagree? cause this solves nothing & its just like politics, WHO CARES what people believe in, just respect it & try to be peaceful.
Because the nature of this thread is a debate, hence thread title -"Does God exist?"

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
ravenmorr said:

From the OED:

God: noun 1 (in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) the creator and supreme ruler of the universe. 2 (god) a superhuman being or spirit worshipped as having power over nature and human fortunes. 3 (god) a greatly admired or influential person. 4 (the gods) informal the gallery in a theatre.

Atom: noun 1 the smallest particle of a chemical element, consisting of a positively charged nucleus surrounded by negatively charged electrons. 2 an extremely small amount.

Hmm.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
ravenmorr said:

That's a personal interpretation. Certainly not adhering to the Judeo-Christian God persona of which most of us are debating.
Besides which, the generally accepted role of God goes far beyond simple creationism and omnipresence. He is also attributed with miracles, morality, emotional wellbeing and divine justice, none of which an atom is capable of.
But yes, if you define God as simply being an omnipresent and omnipotent force, then God does exist in the form of energy or atoms.
However, if you define God as a chicken then he again can be proven to exist.
My point is that it depends upon your personal interpretation of God. Considering that two billion Christians, plus one-point-eight billion Muslims, plus another half billion Jews, Mormons and Judeo-Christian leaning agnostics all believe in the Abrahamic god, it is reasonable to assume that the "God" mentioned in the thread title is in fact the Judeo-Chritsian God, not God as an obscure interpretation. Besides which, we live in a predominately Christian society, hence Yahweh again.

morning storm

HSC
ilwkh said:
GOD does exist but some ppl simply dont have faith
faith is the ultimate cop-out

the ability to believe without the need to proof is stupid. it is self-degrading and pitiful. it demonstrates stupidy and a sad naivety.

in a debate regarding the rational existence of god, you are simply not allowed to say 'faith' to trump the other argument, and bypass the need to provide evidence. the notion of faith only emerged because it was the only answer to the unanswerable reality that god doesnt exist.

the notion of, 'prove he DOESNT exist' is only further stupid. something doesnt exist if there is no proof. right now there is not proof of god. ipso facto, god doesnt exist.

Fr33Lanc3r

Knight of Dros Delnoch
HSC
Atheists have to be the stupidest people i know.

Case one: If god doesn't exist, the atheists are condeming everyone to nothing after death (Slightly depressing and boring)
Case two: If god exists they are condemming themselves to hell (not a much better option than nothing)
Case three: If the Christians are right, we get eternal life with God.

Faith's a better option - why beleive that you die and that's it. It's boring and depressing.

BTW, proud Christian. Feel free to bag me out (i don't care).

Fr33Lanc3r

Knight of Dros Delnoch
HSC
And don't sprout the big bang or evolution at me.

You should watch this guy nemed Louie Giglio, he is a christian guy, that uses SCIENCE!!! to back up what the bible says concerning creation and the way we are made.

Also, the bible is one of the most accurate historical texts still found today. We have original copies of most of the old and new testaments, and there are no major changes in the text (aside from the translations from the original languages, and changes made to the language to make it more accessable to people). And yet, the bible is regarded as a fanciful text, that has suffered at the hands of scribes over the centuries, while works like tacitus (among others) are regarded as accurate accounts of events that happened years before they were written.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)