Does God exist? (1 Viewer)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Except bill hicks was also a conspiracy theorist nutjob who believed in the new world order and such, whereas carlin was for the most part just an angry hippie.

HSC
Enteebee said:
Except bill hicks was also a conspiracy theorist nutjob who believed in the new world order and such, whereas carlin was for the most part just an angry hippie.
Yeah and third eyes and psychics and other shit too.

Doesn't mean I love him any less. Also Carlin came first.

epicfail

HSC
Ok for evidence i call upon my only witness, GOD himself. Due to his omnipotence, and omnipresence it would be easy for him to come on this bored to provide evidence of his existence or at least to say "Hi".

J.a.d.e :-)

Nom Cupcakes...!
HSC
The existence of God is a topic of persuasion.
You can't prove he exists.
You can't prove he doesn't.
Everyone has their own opinion. Everyone has their own set of beliefs.

Each to their own.

epicfail

HSC
Ok, Suppose there is some mystical being in the sky that watches over us, of all the mystical beings out there wouldn't he be the saddest mystical being of all the mystical beings, he is pretty much sitting home all day playing the sims. Sunday comes along and hes not out there getting hammered hes listening to us bitch about what we want.

Last edited:

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
J.a.d.e :-) said:
The existence of God is a topic of persuasion.
You can't prove he exists.
You can't prove he doesn't.
Everyone has their own opinion. Everyone has their own set of beliefs.

Each to their own.
meh. This thread is 767 pages long. Don't you think we have already read that same cliche, 'sit-on-the-fence' response? Make an opinion or say nothing at all.

epicfail

HSC
Cookie182 said:
meh. This thread is 767 pages long. Don't you think we have already read that same cliche, 'sit-on-the-fence' response? Make an opinion or say nothing at all.
well said

Nom Cupcakes...!
HSC
Cookie182 said:
Why would I bother reading 767 pages? I don't care that much.

What I said is my opinion on the topic, and if my response is a cliche 'sit-on-the-fence' response, then so be it.

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC
Why would I bother reading 767 pages? I don't care that much.

What I said is my opinion on the topic, and if my response is a cliche 'sit-on-the-fence' response, then so be it.
It wasn't your opinion on "Does God Exist?" as the title suggests, rather the cliche' "neither of you can prove it". I dont see an opinion there, and i dont see how it relates to your opinion on whether god exists or not.

Nom Cupcakes...!
HSC
Yeah, well It's true...no-one can prove it.

Why debate something you can't prove. Time consuming and pointless.

HSC
Miffstaa said:
God does exist because I found a $50 on my driveway today.
Conversely, god doesn't exist because someone else lost $50 on your driveway today.

Yeah, well It's true...no-one can prove it.

Why debate something you can't prove. Time consuming and pointless.
The unexamined life for the human being is not worth living.

Garygaz

HSC
I had a massive debate about God tonight with a friend, lasted about 2 hours. We came to the conclusion that there is something more powerful but we have no way to comprehend what it is or how it works.

cogito.ergo.sum

HSC
I think the existence of God is relative to the individual who perceives the idea of God. The argument of creation in my mind remains an eternally powerful one - if you justify the creation of the world by a single, arbitrary and systematic event such as the Big Bang (which in itself may or may not have had a causation - but which is, in this instance, irrelevant) than such an argument does not elucidate the creation or existence of the universe which preceded the occurrence of the Big Bang. Hence the universe itself must have been created by something greater than ourselves.

The worship of a God who takes human form is again relative to humanity's need to feel themselves inexorably linked to a force of greatness which surpasses our own restricted existence. Thus we impose the human form on a force which may or may not be so and which may exist outside ourselves, "looking down from Heaven" or which may in fact form a duality through an existence both outside and within one's self. That is if we accept the notion of a God and "His" role in creation of the world that one should likewise accept that the act of creation is in a strange way a manifestation of "His" greatness, and thus every tree or rock or animal or human being is a infinite and yet a minute part of God.

I don't know whether I can explain my view of God but I do know that I have no intention to evangelize, because I believe that an individuals' views of God are relative to their existence, context and circumstances. The same can be said of an individual's choice of worship - some previous posts have questioned the role of the Church, of the need to worship God and prey to "Him". I cannot claim knowledge on behalf of other Christian denominations but due to my cultural background I can respond personally from an Orthodox perspective. Orthodoxy preaches that the role of the Church is as a vehicle of faith, i.e. it bears no linkage to God directly, rather it is a place where individuals may peacefully worship and pray. The role of the clergy and Church itself is thereby insignificant other than as a method of support for those seeking to discover their unique connection in their attempts to discern God within society, history and within one's self. In reference to worship and prey I offer only this - that no individual assigns nor abrogates the necessity for such an act, rather it is a means of moulding and re-discovering one's sense of self within the the existence of God. Jesus thereby preached not for himself to be worshiped, but to let such principles as unity and respect guide every individual. His worship is a result of His greatness. As individuals recognise that any act of martyrdom for a cause greater than themselves invites respect and appreciation.The Bible, (although re-told by the followers of God and of Christ and as such riddled by the bias of the human mind and individual's context) offers, as much as any other religious text, be it the Torah or the Qur'an, fundamental truths and guidelines to life, which are incidentally a reflection of its context.

I hope that answers some of the posts which have ben previously submitted. :)

Miffstaa

HSC
veloc1ty said:
Conversely, god doesn't exist because someone else lost $50 on your driveway today.
But isnt it coincidental that this unnamed person which i have never seen, simply lost their fifty dollar note right in the middle of my driveway, especially after i needed it for my mobile bill?
Fate.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
faith is the basis of religion, if you dont have faith, you dont believe god exists.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)