• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God exist? (4 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

name123

HSC
I think its quite obvious god doesn't exist. These religious fanatics try so hard to make god real that in their own mind he exists. Usually the only reason someone is part of a religion is that they are born into a family which is part of a faith. They are brainwashed through their early life and end up believing in the god that was forced upon them.

If god is who god is shown to be he would stop the catholic church protecting pedophiles. He would have a higher order of thinking and stupid irrelevant things such as going to church wouldn't bother him. Any man or woman can ask for forgiveness as long as they believe and go to heaven. If so. Any criminal, rapist, pedophile ANYBODY who believes could go to heaven. It doesnt matter if they are literally the nicest person on this earth. Or someone who is peaceful and free of any moral sin such as most buddhists.

In a world where god chooses believers over good people. I say id rather go to hell

Just some random points. Enjoy

HSC
N/A
I believe that with a little more tender and compassionate thinking than the above poster provided us with, that any sane being would arrive at the conclusion that a God exists.

name123

HSC
Sorry if i didnt sound tender or compassionate but thats just my belief. Im not meaning to hurt anybody just wondering on what replies i may receive

:)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
emytaylor is the greatest troll who ever lived :shy::eek::eek::eek::eek:

name123

HSC
i wanted so badly to do religion studies at school :(. But i couldn't be bothered doing 3 unit english or maths. Damn 1 unit classes!

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Our family is made up of every race.

We are young and old,

Rich and poor, men and women, sinners and saints.

Our family has spanned the centuries…and the globe.

With God’s grace, we started hospitals to care for the sick.

We establish orphanages, and help the poor.

We are the largest charitable organization on the planet, bringing relief and comfort to those in need.

We educate more children than any other scholarly or religious institution.

We developed the scientific method and laws of evidence.

We founded the college system.

We defend the dignity of all human life and uphold marriage and family.

Cities were named after our revered saints, who navigated a sacred path before us.

Guided by the Holy Spirit, we compiled the Bible

We are transformed by sacred scripture and sacred Tradition, which have consistently guided us for 2,000 years.

We are…… the Catholic Church…

with over one billion in our family

sharing in the sacraments and fullness of Christian faith.

For centuries, we have prayed for you and our world,

every hour of every day, whenever we celebrate the mass.

Jesus, Himself, laid the foundation for our faith

when He said to Peter, the first pope, “You are rock and upon this rock I will build My Church.”

For over 2,000 years, we have had an unbroken line of shepherds

guiding the Catholic Church with love and truth, in a confused and hurting world.

And in this world filled with chaos,

hardship and pain,

it’s comforting to know that some things remain

consistent, true, and strong,

our Catholic faith,

and the eternal love that God has for all creation.

If you’ve been away from the Catholic Church,
we invite you to take another look.
Visit CatholicsComeHome.org today.
Ours is one family united in Jesus Christ,
our Lord and Savior.

We are Catholic. Welcome home.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs6qZd_xP1w[/youtube]

I think that I would like to be involved in 'marketing' the Church

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
This church in chatswood had a sign out the front saying

"GOD DOES NOT LIKE RELIGION"

saywhat?!

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
pls stop calling me pet names

also, i renounce those statements in your sig christina

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
it's ok from you though :eek:

treacherous hoar

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Bah.

It was good while it lasted. Now I am fated to wander the world alone forever.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I didn't fail to address James 5:16, I chose not to because it is of little relevance. Talking about one's struggles with sin to another Christian, praying for reassurance and growing spiritually from it doesn't have much to do with forgiving sins.

I thought what Iron was getting at was that bishops DO have the power to cleanse/forgive sins which they don't because sins can only be forgiven by faith in Christ and by receiving His spirit.
This is my problem with theists. They all seem to just pick and choose which verses of their texts to pay attention to. You yourself basically just said here that "I didn't have an answer to that, so it's irrelevant."
This is why I like Iron. He at least responds and refutes everythign you say and doesn't just selectively pick and choose what he wants.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
you should leave the painting of such vivid sexual imagery to your girl, dawg

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
some of this is just wrong stereotypes

1. Many christians are not brought up in christian homes, i know i was not
Not "many". "Some". You would be an idiot to claim a majority of Christians are converts.

2. Many people bought up in christian homes, are not christians now, i know several who have and are no longer christians.
Yes, good on these people.

3. It is not God's fault there are peodophiles in the catholic church, it is a result of human's in
It is, however, the Church's fault. Human biology is designed to procreate, so when celibacy is enforced, eventually the sexual pressure builds up and escapes in perverted and taboo ways, especially involving weak and vulnerable targets.

4. there is no good people in the world, we are all dirty rotton sinner's who deserve hell.
Wow. Pessimistic much?
It is this kind of narrow-mindedness which inspires zealots to go on murderous rampages. If everyone is a sinner, then you would be doing them a favour by cutting their life short in order to stop them sinning any more. It would mean you would be sent to hell, but it would be a worthy sacrifice for a Warrior of God!

4. why can't people who have done terrible thing's change there lives, if they feel gulity about it and change, why can't they go to heaven? they still have to live with the guilt about what they have done for the rest of there lives.
Someone can't count...
Wait, so everyone's a "dirty rotten sinner", but these people can still go to heaven? lolwut

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
english...

we will soon reclaim all that is english
the wheels are in motion. The castles will be stormed

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
No sur! There were a few who dared speak for truth
They were generally executed and replaced

with dutCH

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
They are not glorified, I am sure they sin.

But spiritual healing?? I didnt know you converted moll. Thank the Lord.
I meant glorified as in special or above normal. James commands people to talk to other Christians for spiritual healing. The priests are just dedicated listeners, in line with the verse.
And no, I have not converted, nor will I ever, unless presented with insurmountable evidence. Just because I present a viewpoint in an argument, does not mean it is my own. It's called objectivity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)