Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters
HSC
I do religion and i dont get how some spiritual being could create the world and man in his image. If God has no physical form how is this possible. It's bs.

Dr_Doom

HSC
The Brucemaster said:
I do religion and i dont get how some spiritual being could create the world and man in his image. If God has no physical form how is this possible. It's bs.
You think so narrowly. Anyway I'm not going to argue this. I'm not forcing anyone to believe in God. I'm just saying what I know.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Dr_Doom said:
You think so narrowly. Anyway I'm not going to argue this. I'm not forcing anyone to believe in God. I'm just saying what I know.
You posted that post right after:

I do biology and this whole evolution thing still hasn't convinced me. How on earth could bacteria evolve into a human. It's bs
Why one and not the other? (instead of me having a long rant about natural selection etc)

Dr_Doom

HSC
I don't want to argue it's not the christian thing to do :) I'll just let you people think what you want.

Cheers

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Dr_Doom said:
I don't want to argue it's not the christian thing to do :) I'll just let you people think what you want.

Cheers
Excuse me, but its a debate, an exchange of intellectual thoughts.

Dr_Doom

HSC
SashatheMan said:
yeh you convinced me that the adam and eve story is true. After all 6000 years is all it takes for 2 people to populate the whole world, to change skin colour, and diversify to all the cultures we know today. Lets also ignore the little issue of how people live on continents and islands that are only reachable by boat ie aborigenes in Australia, but never had the technology. Lets also say dinosaur bones are devils handy work.

nah creationism is bs, sorry mate.
Where does it say Adam and Eve were made 6000 years ago?!?

Last edited:

Dr_Doom

HSC
The Brucemaster said:
Actually if you count backwards using the ages of Adam and Eves descendants given in the Bible, then Creation dates to 4004 BC.
Yeh but whos counting? aye

Also it doesn't say when those people died or gave birth. And according to the bible people lived for over 500 years. So put that in your pipe and smoke it!

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I do remember reading a well justified account of each and every person along the line of David, including the factor that some lived for several hundreds of years.

The amount of years leading to Creation was definatley not touching 5 digits.

Last edited:

Dr_Doom

HSC
"The fool says in his heart, 'There is no God" (Psalm 14:1; 53:1).

We can believe the Word of our omnipotent and omniscient God, or we can believe the illogically biased, "scientific" explanations of fools.
Evolution may be the work of god. God might have split up these people into different continenets. If you trace something back and back such as continental drift. To set that off would have needed some type of force, whether it be physical or invisible. Everything in this world happens for a reason. Yeah scientists have this 'Big Bang' theory. Something must have caused that! Eh!

HSC
Dr_Doom said:
Yeh but whos counting? aye

Also it doesn't say when those people died or gave birth. And according to the bible people lived for over 500 years. So put that in your pipe and smoke it!
By that i can only assume that you do not believe in the ages purported by the Bible, thus the date of Creation would be even earlier than 4004 BC...

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Interesting program on ABC atm about the origins of the bible.

Last edited:

Dr_Doom

HSC
What I think you read it wrong. By that I would believe in the ages purported by the Bible. And of corse it's earlier than 4004 BC.

Also I got another thing
God said he made the world in 7 days right?
Well the bible doesn't say how long that 'day' was. He made humans on the last day.
Also somewhere in the Bible it mentions that every second for us is a million for GOD.

So one day for us would be the equivelant of 86400000000 seconds for GOD.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Dr_Doom said:
Also somewhere in the Bible it mentions that every second for us is a million for GOD.

So one day for us would be the equivelant of 86400000000 seconds for GOD.
This is actually a common notion people feel to be true, and in which case, I have tried to find the verse, but failed to do so.

Care to give me a guide?

I don't know why you're defending the creation story when clearly you support the millions of years idea, and Christians are based around the New Testament, something that involves little about the Creation story...

Dr_Doom

HSC
The millions of years idea comes from the bible! Yes Christians are based around the New Testament because it's better than the old. The old testament there were sacrifices and all this other sacreligous stuff. Most of the sermons told in church are also in the new testament as they have more meaning to life today and can relate better than the old testament.

Whos side are you on here ?!?

HSC
I think you'll find that those seconds are more metaphorical than literal Dr Doom, however, putting that aside, if you DO believe in the ages purported in the Bible (sorry my mistake in previous post) then according to a scholar whose name escapes me currently then the date of Creation would be in the year 4004 BC sometime. That is tracing back from the latest historical point given in the Old Testament trough the ancestry of Adam and Eve.

Also can we please stop using the Bible to justify what the Bible says, its just about the most fallacious argument that you could have and we're talking about religion here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)