Does God exist? (5 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Dr_Doom said:
The millions of years idea comes from the bible! Yes Christians are based around the New Testament because it's better than the old. The old testament there were sacrifices and all this other sacreligous stuff. Most of the sermons told in church are also in the new testament as they have more meaning to life today and can relate better than the old testament.

Whos side are you on here ?!?
I'm asking for a reference to the Bible actually where it says the millions of years.

Dr_Doom

HSC
I don't want this to be an arguement. You can't argue GOD's existance. It's something you either believe or don't believe. End of story.

Cheers

Dr_Doom

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
I'm asking for a reference to the Bible actually where it says the millions of years.
Ok let me just scan thru the whole entire bible right now. Wont be a minute. :santa:

HSC
Dr_Doom said:
I don't want this to be an arguement. You can't argue GOD's existance. It's something you either believe or don't believe. End of story.

Cheers
It's not an argument its an intelligent debate that you have largely participated in. Seems like your copping out to me.

Dr_Doom

HSC
No I'm just tired I have been playing footy all day. Continue tomorrow?

I will extrapolate my argument with real life examples tomorrow. Until then. "Peace be with you".

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Billions of people, who represent diverse sociological, intellectual, emotional, educational makeups...believe that there is a Creator, a God to be worshipped. Now, the fact that so many people believe something certainly doesn't make it true. But when so many people through the ages are so personally convinced that God exists, can one say with absolute confidence that they are all mistaken?
Well no we can't, we have to look at their arguments. I can also explain why there's so many people that believe in God, using a naturalistic answer (much better) rather than a supernatural answer... Once people evolved self-awareness, we realised we had mortality, to counter-act this, people began to believe in a God. Another way it could have happened is just that we are ALL tool makers by natural instinct, so when we looked around at the world, we thought 'hey something else must have made all of this!'.

Anthropological research has indicated that among the farthest and most remote primitive people today, there is a universal belief in God. And in the earliest histories and legends of people all around the world, the original concept was of one God, who was the Creator. An original high God seems once to have been in their consciousness even in those societies which are today polytheistic.
Yea, who cares? We know this buddy.

2. Does God exist? The complexity of our planet points to a deliberate Designer who not only created our universe, but sustains it today.
These questions have been answered a million times before, however I'll just sum up my argument in one question. Even if we're wrong about everything, all the natural processes etc, how does that automatically default the god answer? God is a super-natural thing... and as such an answer to anything. There is not one thing I could say that you couldn't explain away by saying that 'god did it'.

Does God exist? Mere "chance" is not an adequate explanation of creation.
Well it's not just 'mere chance', there are rules at play, there are bottom-up tinkering progressions... this is silly.

Does God exist? Humankind's inherent sense of right and wrong cannot be biologically explained.
Well actually it can, our 'inherent sense of right or wrong' we only know as 'inherent' because it's ours. We developed these ideas of right and wrong, there's no objective 'right and wrong, we made them. The biological answer of how they came into being is much like this... which do you think is going to survive better, the group of humans that help each other out, or the group of humans that don't care about each other? Evolution mate.

Does God exist? God not only has revealed Himself in what can be observed in nature, and in human life, but He has even more specifically shown Himself in the Bible.
Again, you can explain anything away using God. I mean, you'll point to something awesome in nature and say 'lol god did it!' but you have no falsifiable proof that he did.

Does God exist? Unlike any other revelation of God, Jesus Christ is the clearest, most specific picture of God.
This isn't an argument, this is just the beginning of some preaching.

What proof did Jesus give for claiming to be divine?
Blah Blah a bunch of stuff written in a book.

What did Jesus reveal about God's personality? What about God's thoughts, expectations and His feelings toward humankind?
Argument seems to be over, nice points :rolleyes:

The most conclusive proof that Jesus is equal to God was Jesus' most closely scrutinized miracle - His own resurrection from the dead.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm Evidence?

Do you want to begin a relationship with God and actually know you are accepted by Him?
no.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
"What are the chances that a tornado might blow through a junkyard containing all the parts of a 747, accidentally assemble them into a plane, and leave it ready for take-off?
i dont know if they are comparing the 747 to a modern human. Or just saying a cell is that complex. But early cells were believed to be much more primative.

davin

HSC
N/A
My view here is that its as you say God KNOWS what you will do, however, he does not DETERMINE it. You have free will to choose what to do its only that God knows what you will choose.
the issue is, if god already knows, then your choice is nonexistant. its similiar to schroedinger's cat. the cat could be alive OR dead, but as soon as an observer finds out which, the cat can only be one of the two. similarly, as soon as someone knows what the outcome of decisions will be, then they aren't decisions because there is only one possible outcome.

volition

arr.
HSC
davin said:
the issue is, if god already knows, then your choice is nonexistant. its similiar to schroedinger's cat. the cat could be alive OR dead, but as soon as an observer finds out which, the cat can only be one of the two. similarly, as soon as someone knows what the outcome of decisions will be, then they aren't decisions because there is only one possible outcome.
That's right, so people need to accept at least one of the following:
-God isn't all-knowing
-We don't have free will

Or alternatively, just don't believe in God :)

Dr_Doom

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Well dude hows bout not sprouting shit then claiming it's in the bible, if you have no proof.
You often see it quoted with a verse after it.

Dr_Doom

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Well no we can't, we have to look at their arguments. I can also explain why there's so many people that believe in God, using a naturalistic answer (much better) rather than a supernatural answer... Once people evolved self-awareness, we realised we had mortality, to counter-act this, people began to believe in a God. Another way it could have happened is just that we are ALL tool makers by natural instinct, so when we looked around at the world, we thought 'hey something else must have made all of this!'.
That's it I can't argue this. There is way too much evidence that people can use to abolish the existance of GOD. It comes down to belief again. I know I said I would get some real life examples. But what's the point you guys would have like a million more to contradict it.

I believe there is a GOD and Jesus was sent to earth to forgive our sins.

You don't believe there is a GOD and that it all happened by evolution.

:santa:

HSC
Dr_Doom said:
Everything in this world happens for a reason. Yeah scientists have this 'Big Bang' theory. Something must have caused that! Eh!
Crap argument. Just as your saying something must've caused the big bang, I can say something must've caused god.

Done. Next point...

Dr_Doom

HSC
There you just said it. SomeTHING must've caused GOD, just like GOD caused Jesus. So you agree with me? That there is a being out there! :D

Cheers man.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)