Does God exist? (1 Viewer)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Coconut1

HSC
N/A
I understand where people come from with the argument for God's existence, but the idea of hell and heaven seems cultish and bs

Cultish as in, the inherent belief that you are superior if you believe in God because you will end up in heaven.
The concept of God is raised by the question, of is their purpose of this life and was the world created for a reason. From the concept of God stems religion where there is Islam, Buddhism, Christianity etc. The place of heaven and hell comes from Christianity, where the sole purpose of being on this earth was to determine of our actions were good or evil. From the branches of religion we can determine that Jesus was indeed a historical figure who as Christians we believe that he was the Son of God, in human form. As a human, Jesus was able to go through the experience of us with pain and suffering whilst dieing on the cross for us and resurrecting, showing the hope of eternal life. The miracle of Jesus is still present today in Jersulam where every Easter a holy light appears in the church which is passed around of candles and does not burn for 33 minutes (the age which Jesus died). The factuality of "science" can be stripped by the resurrection of Christ, this shows how God is the creator of the world and is able to create or destroy anything without the logic of science. In order to go heaven you must not only believe in God but be a good person, when you read the bible you will understand what "good" means, to create a civilisation this must be formed from something, there is nothing stopping us from doing anything we please however the bible allows us to determine what is good so we ensure we are doing the right thing, as oppose to for example, to abort a baby is now legal, doesn't mean it is ethical or moral. That is why the bible plays a very important role in living a life that is righteous and the pure definition of good.

Last edited:

idkkdi

HSC
The concept of God is raised by the question, of is their purpose of this life and was the world created for a reason. From the concept of God stems religion where there is Islam, Buddhism, Christianity etc. The place of heaven and hell comes from Christianity, where the sole purpose of being on this earth was to determine of our actions were good or evil. From the branches of religion we can determine that Jesus was indeed a historical figure who as Christians we believe that he was the Son of God, in human form. As a human, Jesus was able to go through the experience of us with pain and suffering whilst dieing on the cross for us and resurrecting, showing the hope of eternal life. The miracle of Jesus is still present today in Jersulam where every Easter a holy light appears in the church which is passed around of candles and does not burn for 33 minutes (the age which Jesus died). The factuality of "science" can be stripped by the resurrection of Christ, this shows how God is the creator of the world and is able to create or destroy anything without the logic of science. In order to go heaven you must not only believe in God but be a good person, when you read the bible you will understand what "good" means, to create a civilisation this must be formed form something, there is nothing stopping us from doing anything we please however the bible allows us to determine what is good so we ensure we are doing the right thing, as oppose to for example, to abort a baby is now legal, doesn't mean it is ethical or moral. That is why the bible plays a very important role in living a life that is righteous and the pure definition of good.
Let me see that holy light stuff with my own eyes. A holy light appears out of nowhere and is passed around candles not burning anything? Do me a favour and stick your hand in that holy light the next time it happens please.

I can understand the argument for God's existence, but not so much these things.

Last edited:

Kyufruit

HSC
The concept of God is raised by the question, of is their purpose of this life and was the world created for a reason. From the concept of God stems religion where there is Islam, Buddhism, Christianity etc. The place of heaven and hell comes from Christianity, where the sole purpose of being on this earth was to determine of our actions were good or evil. From the branches of religion we can determine that Jesus was indeed a historical figure who as Christians we believe that he was the Son of God, in human form. As a human, Jesus was able to go through the experience of us with pain and suffering whilst dieing on the cross for us and resurrecting, showing the hope of eternal life. The miracle of Jesus is still present today in Jersulam where every Easter a holy light appears in the church which is passed around of candles and does not burn for 33 minutes (the age which Jesus died). The factuality of "science" can be stripped by the resurrection of Christ, this shows how God is the creator of the world and is able to create or destroy anything without the logic of science. In order to go heaven you must not only believe in God but be a good person, when you read the bible you will understand what "good" means, to create a civilisation this must be formed form something, there is nothing stopping us from doing anything we please however the bible allows us to determine what is good so we ensure we are doing the right thing, as oppose to for example, to abort a baby is now legal, doesn't mean it is ethical or moral. That is why the bible plays a very important role in living a life that is righteous and the pure definition of good.
I do believe in gods existence, as In the existence of a higher power, but how can god be human? Why would he need to be human in order to understand us? He created us, he knows us better then we know ourselves, he knows how we feel, what we go through, etc.

jojosiwa123

HSC
I do believe in gods existence, as In the existence of a higher power, but how can god be human? Why would he need to be human in order to understand us? He created us, he knows us better then we know ourselves, he knows how we feel, what we go through, etc.
I think that persons speaking from a christian perspective... they believe in the holy trinity so there is that idea of a god who came to earth as jesus (a human). that's where christianity differs from other abrahamic religions who reject this trinity

yooook

HSC
there is only one god, and all religions have the same god

boom bigotry solved

Coconut1

HSC
N/A
Let me see that holy light stuff with my own eyes. A holy light appears out of nowhere and is passed around candles not burning anything? Do me a favour and stick your hand in that holy light the next time it happens please.

I can understand the argument for God's existence, but not so much these things.
I will! Hopefully when I am older i will able to fly to Jerusalem to experience this blessing, and so can you it's open for anyone to experience!
This is living proof, if you can believe the existence of God the creator all things, this is merely a small thing compared to the doings of God. This miracle demonstrates what God needs us to believe, that he brought a form of himself into the Earth and created humans out of love.

Coconut1

HSC
N/A
God created humans as his children, souls with bodies that are able to experience his heavenly love. If he created humans I am sure he is able to create a human form of himself in order to lead the people to the truth. To show people why he created us and how we should live our lives pleasing to God. God formed his son to die on the cross as a way of saving us from evil. Any pain and suffering was washed away with the death of the Lord and any questions that may arise such as "how can God expect us to live this way with all this suffering" "Why doesn't God look after his people". God knows us better than ourselves however Jesus was created as his Son, God in human form, an example of the perfect human. As God's children (Humans) he has created Heaven for us, as we are the whole purpose of this world. Through free will we are able to make choices and if we do good we go to Heaven, and if we do evil we go to Hell.

Coconut1

HSC
N/A
This passage came up yesterday and may I say perfect timing,

St. Paul's Letter to the Philippians 2:5-11
Brethren, have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form he humbled himself and became obedient unto death, even death on a cross. Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Coconut1

HSC
N/A
How do you know there wasn't a possibility of you getting 95+ with the power of God

yooook

HSC
i do believe in god or a higher being, but i alo believ in science.

so big confusion

idkkdi

HSC

so big confusion
you don't have to believe in science, you can see it.

God on the other hand won't reveal his face no matter what I do.

Coconut1

HSC
N/A

so big confusion
God is the creator of all things, if he wanted the world to end right now it would happen. Explaining these scenarios for example a meteoroid hit earth may explain how it happens but not why it happens. God is the reason why it happens and finding out the whole reason of why God has done this is the purpose of life. For example, why are we here instead of how are we here would help us discover answers for the future instead of going back into the past.

Coconut1

HSC
N/A
you don't have to believe in science, you can see it.

God on the other hand won't reveal his face no matter what I do.
Trust me if you have faith as little as a mustard seed you will be able to move mountains

Coconut1

HSC
N/A

so big confusion
Jesus was put on earth to also show God has control of all things, and how he defied science and resurrected Christ body and soul. Jesus healed. many people and performed many miracles that science will not explain because we are Humans and are unable to comprehend these things. But God didn't create us so we can discover god through science but through our own soul because there is a God shaped heart in every person. You don't need to be smart you just need love. Pray from your heart and trust me what you ask you will receive.

yooook

HSC
Jesus was put on earth to also show God has control of all things, and how he defied science and resurrected Christ body and soul. Jesus healed. many people and performed many miracles that science will not explain because we are Humans and are unable to comprehend these things. But God didn't create us so we can discover god through science but through our own soul because there is a God shaped heart in every person. You don't need to be smart you just need love. Pray from your heart and trust me what you ask you will receive.
i ask for 1 million $ right now, so give i am praying for it right nowwwwwwww

Coconut1

HSC
N/A
i ask for 1 million $ right now, so give i am praying for it right nowwwwwwww
okay, if you pray from the depths of your heart and truly have faith you shall receive maybe now, maybe never, God knows the perfect timing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)