Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

get_born

sparkl3z said:
nobody can truely know what happens when you're dead, if he exists or not, it's just a thought, i beleive he exists or not, it can't prove anything to anybody, if you wanna find out, then you'll find out when you die, but heres something, some idiot wanted to know what happens so bad about if god exists or not that he killed himself to find out..was 25, he could've lived and enjoyed his life, but no, he was so brainwashed that he went and did that,this is old news btw, but what a waste is all i have to say on that issue..people should just make the most of what they have without getting too caught up in what happens when i die, what is god, etc, you'll find out one day anyway, or you won't.
When you die and say you did find out that God does exist? What then? I'll guess we should just wait till we die. But beieving that God exists has nothing to do with not enjoying and getting on with your life. That guy you talk about is just too damn paranoid.

Riqtay

Assistant Member
HSC
Not that bright, you say that energy can take the position of God. I would like to ask does energy have intelligence to create intelligent beings (ie humans)?

You are thus saying that the creation is at a much higher level than the creator, which in my opinion completely dismisses the concept of logic.

Energy doesn't have the attributes which are consistent with a being who has created the universe. The keyword here is created. Energy is a non intelligent thing, which doesn't have the capacity to create the universe. Rather energy is the by product of the universe, created by a supreme being - God.

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Not that bright, you say that energy can take the position of God. I would like to ask does energy have intelligence to create intelligent beings (ie humans)?
Why does it require intelligence?

You are thus saying that the creation is at a much higher level than the creator, which in my opinion completely dismisses the concept of logic.
I am saying that the creator is energy, as it is the thing that created everything...

Energy doesn't have the attributes which are consistent with a being who has created the universe.
IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE A BEING!

The keyword here is created. Energy is a non intelligent enity, which doesn't have the capacity to create the universe.
................................................................................................

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
which god? the christian one? muslim one? jewish one? sheesh they are all modified copies of the same thing can't you see? ok so you can't or don't wanna people, there may be a god, personally i think something did start all this, but look, i'm saying i think, i don't know though, i can't know something without any evidence, people who study law at first should know at least that.

Riqtay

Assistant Member
HSC
"Why does it require intelligence?"

"I am saying that the creator is energy, as it is the thing that created everything..."

Not that bright, you appear to be stating your beliefs,which is entirely fine, yet you haven't given me a well though out reasoning behind your convictions. You are merely stating rather than explaining.

Its kind of like saying that there is a God, without actually explaining (which I have done earlier).

I am starting to believe that you are living up to your username.

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
Riqtay said:
"Why does it require intelligence?"

"I am saying that the creator is energy, as it is the thing that created everything..."

Not that bright, you appear to be stating your beliefs,which isentirely fine, yet you haven't given me a well though out reasoning behind your convictions.You are merely stating rather than explaining.

Its kind of like saying that there is a God, without actually explaining (which I have done earlier).

I am starting to believe that you are living up to your username.

I cannot stand this...

Does't it make more sense for a supposed being beyond comprehension to be represented as a force of some sort? Isn't that more logical than your own representation, a representation that grants an incomprehensible force attributes that are capable of being grasped by our 'pathetic little minds'?

Pianpupodoel

Neurotic Member
HSC
It's kinda like saying "Energy is a non intelligent thing, which doesn't have the capacity to create the universe."

You are merely stating rather than explaining.

laura_beth

HSC
N/A
Creation?

Riqtay said:
I believe that those who don't believe in God appear to show wisdom and logic behind their convictions, yet in actuality they use logic only in certain situations to their advantage.

They argue that a creation requires a creator, yet dismiss the concept of God. Using logic, a creation (e.g a child) requires a creator (ie the parents). Yet these people claim to use logic, rather they employ the dogma of there being no God, associated with athiesm.

They may argue that there is no physical evidence to prove the existence of God, yet they cannot answer the question 'who created the universe?'

No one, as an answer to that question, highlights their biased application of logic (ie they believe that a child requires a creator yet they dismiss there being a creator of the universe).
This is a strong point and holds a lot of truth. simply not believing in something, does not therefore mean it does not exist.
These questions, of whether the universe was indeed created are extremely important. If there was no creation, then there is no creator God, and if there is no God, then God of the bible is then a false God.
No God means no person in control of the universe. Holding to no creation obviously has serious ramifications for all 'creatures' of the universe. Humanity along with the rest of the universe simply exists with no possibility of finding any meaning outside of itself. Human beings might concoct meaning and purpose, but having no external justification these might readily change to suit changing cirmcumstances. This indeed is what happens when people choose to live as though there is no God.
There are those who have the view that the God who made the universe had to start with something. It has not been conceivable that God could not act without raw materials, no matter how basic. Understandably, questions arise like 'where did such material come from?' Some, perhaps familiar with modern scientific cosmology and subscribing to one great deity, power or force lying behind the existence and character of the universe, might still consider such a God one who had to depend on certain givens. Such dualism is not consistant with bible perspectives. The God of the Bible is not recognised as having any such limitations and is far more powerful, purposeful, and personal than would otherwise be suggested.

I believe that there was a creation. And that that creation was by God, and with no starting materials. This is extremely important, because i can now trust the Bible and put my faith and hope in Christ.
If you have not looked deeply into different means of creation, i suggest you read the book "Creation out of Nothing" which explores creation and looks at the floors in different theories.

Creation matters. We only live once, lets find the truth.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Humanity along with the rest of the universe simply exists with no possibility of finding any meaning outside of itself. Human beings might concoct meaning and purpose, but having no external justification these might readily change to suit changing cirmcumstances. This indeed is what happens when people choose to live as though there is no God.
I am an atheist and a fairly conservative person....

I believe that there was a creation. And that that creation was by God, and with no starting materials. This is extremely important, because i can now trust the Bible and put my faith and hope in Christ.
It's also extremely stupid that you do not question your faith using logic and science.

Last edited:

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
i'd suggest for you to use science, instead of books that were written centuries ago, without any evidence.

Riqtay

Assistant Member
HSC
"Does't it make more sense for a supposed being beyond comprehension to be represented as a force of some sort?"

Your argument is paradoxical as you are saying that a being beyond comprehension SHOULD be represented as a force (which is comprehensible by our pathetic little minds).

Because God's power is beyond belief (as he is able to create this expansive universe), its fair enough to believe that how and why he came about can also be beyond our beliefs and comprehension.

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
I like it how some people seem to firmly believe that meaning comes from religious contructs alone. Oh well, provided that I'm not stoned to death or burned at the stake by a fundamentalist who believes in the abrahamic god, I guess that I can live alongside people who hold such thoughts to be true.

laura_beth

HSC
N/A
sparkl3z said:
i'd suggest for you to use science, instead of books that were written centuries ago, without any evidence.
Actually, the book was written last year and is entirely based around science, and devotes to exploring science. I suggest you read it instead of judging it straight away

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Riqtay said:
"Does't it make more sense for a supposed being beyond comprehension to be represented as a force of some sort?"

Your argument is paradoxicalas as you are saying that a being beyond comprehension SHOULD be represented as a force (which is comprehensible by our pathetic little minds).

Because God's power is beyond belief (as he is able to create this expansive universe), its fair enough to believe that how and why he came about can also be beyond our beliefs and comprehension.
Is it just me or is riqtay trying to sound smart and comming off as really, really dumb?

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
laura_beth said:
Actually, the book was written last year and is entirely based around science, and devotes to exploring science. I suggest you read it instead of judging it straight away
religion and science, sif. religion says that this is going to happen this was going to happen, they are obvious things, i don't need religion to tell me that, anyone with a proper working brain already would know those things.

Riqtay

Assistant Member
HSC
Generator, you have given no response or explanation to counter my argument. rather, you have applied dogma associated with your own beliefs.

Having your beliefs is fine and well, but there needs to be reasoning behind them (which i fail to see).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)