Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Generator

HSC
N/A
Riqtay said:
"Does't it make more sense for a supposed being beyond comprehension to be represented as a force of some sort?"

Your argument is paradoxicalas as you are saying that a being beyond comprehension SHOULD be represented as a force (which is comprehensible by our pathetic little minds).

Because God's power is beyond belief (as he is able to create this expansive universe), its fair enough to believe that how and why he came about can also be beyond our beliefs and comprehension.
Whoever said that the force had to be given attributes of the sort that you grant your god? Doesn't it make more sense to label a supposed god that is beyond our comprehension as being an incomprehensible force rather than as a highly intelligent he? If something is beyond our comprehension, then why must you go beyond such a simple representation?

laura_beth

HSC
N/A
It's also extremely stupid that you do not question your faith using logic and science.[/QUOTE]

Funny you say that, as it was THROUGH studying and researching logic and science that i came to believe that the world was created. I was once like you and then i decided to look into different theories and scientific explanations, and this was the most logical i could find. But thanks for your concern in thinking i am "extremely stupid"

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Generator, you have given no response or explanation to counter my argument. rather, you have applied dogma associated with your own beliefs.

Having your beliefs is fine and well, but there needs to be reasoning behind them (which i fail to see).
You speak a bunch of rhetorical babble-shit then expect us to retort it? We can only begin to fathom what the hell you are on about with your constant use of bs prepositions such as "creation requires intelligence"

Funny you say that, as it was THROUGH studying and researching logic and science that i came to believe that the world was created. I was once like you and then i decided to look into different theories and scientific explanations, and this was the most logical i could find. But thanks for your concern in thinking i am "extremely stupid"
So after looking at logical arguments you came to the conclusion that the christian god and the bible is truth?

Generator

HSC
N/A
Riqtay said:
Generator, you have given no response or explanation to counter my argument. rather, you have applied dogma associated with your own beliefs.

Having your beliefs is fine and well, but there needs to be reasoning behind them (which i fail to see).
Ah, this may surprise you, but you aren't the only sprouting garbage in this thread.

laura_beth

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
Is it just me or is riqtay trying to sound smart and comming off as really, really dumb?
Well I guess you don't recognise real intelligence when it is right infront of you. That was a pretty lame response to his sensible point.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Wait a second, you think it's a sensible idea to conclude (out of nowhere) that a creating force must have intelligence? How many new planets are formed around the universe in a natural way we can explain?

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
nobody said you're stupid, just saying on the issue of faith and religion, many people are misguided and brainwashed by so called "religious" people who only look to their own outcomes.

laura_beth

HSC
N/A
So after looking at logical arguments you came to the conclusion that the christian god and the bible is truth?[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY. Now we're getting somewhere. God having created the world is the most logical means of our existence.

get_born

Alright lets put religion aside totally. What I'm interested in knowing is if God doesn't exist, where did we all come from? I have a got feeling where this will all go, but I'd like to here it form the horses mouth.

Riqtay

Assistant Member
HSC
"Is it just me or is riqtay trying to sound smart and comming off as really, really dumb?"

"AHAHAHAHAHAHA, true that. "paradoxicalas" oh mercy".

I think that instead of using petty name calling and insults, you guys should try and make an argument agianst my views, rather than the way I write or a spelling mistake which I have made.

These insults are not conducive to a constructive argument. This is a forum where people exchange their views in a positive manner. Otherwise, this debate becomes a war of 'who can come up with the best calls'.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
EXACTLY. Now we're getting somewhere. God having created the world is the most logical means of our existence.
............. You serious?

Alright lets put religion aside totally. What I'm interested in knowing is if God doesn't exist, where did we all come from? I have a got feeling where this will all go, but I'd like to here it form the horses mouth.
See: Big Bang.

I think that instead of using petty name calling and insults, you guys should try and make an argument agianst my views, rather than the way I write or a spelling mistake which I have made.

These insults are not conducive to a constructive argument. This is a forum where people exchange their views in a positive manner. Otherwise, this debate becomes a war of 'who can come up with the best calls'.
I did, I said your preposition that creation requires intelligence is wrong, I also provided an example (see: new planets). Once that preposition is gone your entire argument falls apart, much like your one before it.

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
Riqtay said:
A war that you would lose, my synaptically-challenged friend.

laura_beth

HSC
N/A
sparkl3z said:
nobody said you're stupid, just saying on the issue of faith and religion, many people are misguided and brainwashed by so called "religious" people who only look to their own outcomes.
So many people think that Christians "brainwash" other innocent humans. That is not true, especially as our beliefs are that WE cannot convert people, forgiveness is between that person and God, as is their believing in Him

Generator

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
last_chance said:

See: Big Bang.

I think that it's a bit too much for some to think that perhaps life (in all its forms) just developed on its own following the big bang.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
laura_beth said:
So many people think that Christians "brainwash" other innocent humans. That is not true, especially as our beliefs are that WE cannot convert people, forgiveness is between that person and God, as is their believing in Him
Christians indoctrinate children whose minds are like putty, and it's very hard for them to snap out of it.

laura_beth

HSC
N/A
Generator said:
A war that you would lose, my synaptically-challenged friend.

That's exactly what he's saying, it's not about "winning" or "losing" the best calls, do you what to discuss this or not?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
We have discussed it, many times. The only problem is that you and all others who argue for God are completely blind to logic because they've had beliefs for so long it is unfathomable for them to question them.

"A huge lie repeated often enough is accepted as truth." -- Joseph Goebbels

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Anyway, I believe he's attempting to use intelligent design to prove the existance of god... let me show you where it ends up.

This leads us to the familiar theme of "If a creator created the universe, what created the creator?", but with the addition of spiralling improbability. The only way out is to declare that the creator was not created and just "is" (or "was").

From here we might as well ask what is wrong with saying that the universe just "is" without introducing a creator? Indeed Stephen Hawking, in his book "A Brief History of Time", explains his theory that the universe is closed and finite in extent, with no beginning or end.

laura_beth

HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
Christians indoctrinate children whose minds are like putty, and it's very hard for them to snap out of it.
We are all influenced as children, and yet we still all manage to make our own decisions as adults. You, for example, would have a non-christian influence on your children. I would have a christian influence. Yet, as adults they will be able to make their own decisions. We are not robots, you can't just program someone to believe something.
Once again, we can't force people to believe something. We can tell kids what we believe so that that option is always there to pick up, but unless they personally have a realationship with God, which we cannot impose, they are not a Christian

laura_beth

HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
We have discussed it, many times. The only problem is that you and all others who argue for God are completely blind to logic because they've had beliefs for so long it is unfathomable for them to question them.

"A huge lie repeated often enough is accepted as truth." -- Joseph Goebbels
Actually, I've been a christian for two years. Before that i was strongly decided against Christianity. Making generalisations will get us nowhere

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)