Does God exist? (57 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Ad infinitum, no one here can fucking define 'God' (just to spice things up withsome Heidegger). For the 35478432657967965 th time, who, what, and why is God? In fact, I think its fleeting to engage in such debate until we have a defintion of God. And we can't really, because of the schism of opinion/discourses.
Well I don't really think I need to define God. Others whom come up with me and talk about the existance of God may have their opinion on what God means and I'll try to ascertain that to the best of my ability, if God is something that by their definition I find we would not be able to proove scientifically then I would deem it to not exist.

I kinda of agree with you. So, do dedicate a blog in telling me what logic is and what distinguishes 'good' from 'bad' reasoning.
Logic is thought, 'good' and 'bad' reasoning will be subjective... but I'd argue people are often likely to hold the same opinion on what is good and bad reasoning given proper thought to the matter due to what appears to sometimes be objective logic - In a way it doesn't matter if the logic they're using is ultimately 'bad' or 'good.

I'll write more when I get back to this.

Right...Well, I don't know many things that entail a grand-unifying guy with a beard as a source of philosophical postulation.
My point is if I want I can use similar references as you have done to put into doubt any statement you could make or any thought you could have. I.e. You think you are male, I say to you one day (even without being prompted) that you are a female and have just been hypnotised into believing you are male.

phatic

HSC
Just one point I'd like to make.

spadijer said:
So, my conclusion is that beyond what we experience we cannot articulate, beyond communication there is nothing. God is part of our language game, we are not (therefore, spirtually) part of him. This can only be verified through his manifestion, as far as I'm concerned, until this day I shall not accept his divine existence.
I would like to argue, but it is futile, because the experience of God cannot be articulated, hence the Schopenhauer quote mentioning symbols and signs. With philosophical enquiry one finds nothing, but this does not necessarily mean that there is nothing there; perhaps the method is inadequate.

Thinking about God, thus making Him a mental concept (this is unavoidable), doesn't seem to get anywhere with me. Only through thoughtless (a silent mind) experience can I find Him. As I said before it's all intuitive, and therefore very fallible when it comes to arguments.

Enough dancing around the point though - what I'm trying to say can only be experienced, not argued about. Hopefully these few ideas can hint at it...

skip89

HSC
"many scientists believe that there were simply just perfect conditions for the murky swamps and radiation to create a lot of life at once."

"Belief in chemical evolution of the first cell from lifeless chemicals is equivalent to believing that a tornado could sweep through a junkyard and form a Boeing 747."
Sir Fred Hoyle
Astrophysicist

skip89

HSC
I'm am more than happy to go through life beliveing in God despite not having conclusive proof.

Many people accept that it is beyond humanity to determine whether or not God exists. If i spend my life beliving that he exists when he doesn't exist, how would this effect me? When i die I would no longer exist, so i wouldnt ponder on a life wasted.

If however God does exist and i chose not to believe in him, well the consequences are well publicised.

Ill take my chances with believing in God.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
"Belief in chemical evolution of the first cell from lifeless chemicals is equivalent to believing that a tornado could sweep through a junkyard and form a Boeing 747."
Sir Fred Hoyle
Astrophysicist
People still use that line?

I'm am more than happy to go through life beliveing in God despite not having conclusive proof.
What proof do you have that is greater than proof I could dig up for the existance of leper gnomes?

If i spend my life beliving that he exists when he doesn't exist, how would this effect me?
*reads homosexuals in australia thread*

When i die I would no longer exist, so i wouldnt ponder on a life wasted.
No, but if someone stole from you and you didn't notice you wouldn't care either.

If however God does exist and i chose not to believe in him, well the consequences are well publicised.
If God (as you imagine him, I'm sure) does exist... Don't you think statement's such as the one I've quoted above would be pretty damning evidence that perhaps a proportion of your belief comes from a desire to reap great rewards?

Last edited:

skip89

HSC
NTB
That final quote is pretty damning evidence that i do not want to spend eternity in hell.
PLus im not into the who 72 virgin kinda thing if you were wonderin.

NTB
"Quote:
If i spend my life beliving that he exists when he doesn't exist, how would this effect me?

*reads homosexuals in australia thread*"

How would this affect me after i had died.

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
That final quote is pretty damning evidence that i do not want to spend eternity in hell.
That works also. Do you think God would be happy that a significant reason for your belief in him is fear of hell?

How would this affect me after i had died. You continue to amaze with your small intellect.
If God doesn't exist then I imagine the views you've expressed towards some homosexual issues would change. Of course, when you die you won't care but it's affecting you now. I already asked you the question to clarify this anyway:
me said:
No, but if someone stole from you and you didn't notice you wouldn't care either.
You continue to amaze with your small intellect.
No personal insults please, in this forum towards me or anyone else. If anyone does the same to you I'll warn them also.

Last edited:

skip89

HSC
I just find it extremely offensive to be accused of having a desire to "reap great rewards".

Have you ever heard of the very common term "fear of the Lord" or "God-fearing".
I do not remain in my religion out of fear, but rather a belief that God's son died for all mankind (if anybody wants to take on this point please start a different thread".

And you are right, if i did not believe in God then my views on homosexuality, along with murder, paedophilia, and rape.

Do not take this as an offense, I just do not belive in atheistic morality.

And as for the morality atheists and everyone else in the world does display, i think they are demonstrating a part of human nature, as designed originally by God.

lengy

HSC
Except 'god' doesn't exist and morality only came about as a means of survival in an advanced sentient community, with courtesy as a form of social construct as an easier means to an end, though of course, this doesn't apply to all situations and your 'religion' doesn't allow any leeway. I find it offensive that that silly quote you put up could be considered 'damning evidence' since it's not evidence at all but a silly comment on evolution.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
skip89 said:
And as for the morality atheists and everyone else in the world does display, i think they are demonstrating a part of human nature, as designed originally by God.
Consider also the possibility that the morality of god expressed in religion is merely a manifestation of our natural moral faculties (developed via empathy and reason etc...).

spadijer said:
... as Richard Rorty points out (and I think you would like him): "It is pictures rather than propositions, metaphors rather than statements, which determine most of our philosophical convictions". Indeed, with this in mind, Wittgenstein sought to highlight the difference between picture:word ratio and as you suggest "this flaw does not make seeing any better, as I'm sure you've acknowledged, for various reasons, in the past".
These ideas remind me of a passage I quite enjoy by Albert Camus from his essay The Myth of Sisyphus. The quote should be attached to this post as a document if you're interested.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I just find it extremely offensive to be accused of having a desire to "reap great rewards".
You said yourself:
If you are offended, you offended yourself.

Have you ever heard of the very common term "fear of the Lord" or "God-fearing".
Yes I have.

I do not remain in my religion out of fear, but rather a belief that God's son died for all mankind (if anybody wants to take on this point please start a different thread".
Sorry for no separate thread, but while I'll conceed perhaps the 'majority' of your faith comes from that belief, you have also demonstrated two other examples in your arguments.

Then for some reason you switched this around, to demonstrate the same sort of "belief out of fear / belief out of reward" scenario:

1) Erm, those who simply suggest that if religion did not exist homosexuals would be treated equally are forgeting the bigger picture. Firstly, minorities (take Afro-Americans for example) were treated unfairly - not because the bible said so - but because of power being excerised by a dominating group over a minority milieu. Secondly, then you will have SCIENCE telling you OMGZZZ BRO! NATURE TELLS US GAY PEOPLE ARE GAY BECAUSE THERE GENES DONT WANT THEM TO HAVE CHILDREN. Again, knowledge = power. I swear I should stop reading Foucault, but anyways, wow, science and religion are so fucking similar anyways.
No, I'm not imagining that homosexuals would be free of all persecution. There's a difference between saying that and saying that religion adds to / creates a safe environment for homophobia.

science and religion are so fucking similar anyways.
In which way? I think the big distinguishing factor is falsifiability.

2) I still support my view system of a 'geneaolgic philology' - where we observe common values that unite people of all religious and non-religious discourses/texts and work toward a Habermas-ian utopia. This acts as a buffer between all conflicting POV, a globalised universalism.
You're essentially just taking the humanist perspective to be honest.

3) Finally, if anyone is going to prove beyond reasonable doubt that God does or does not exist, please hurry the fuck up. I need to stop posting blogs on here...
That's never going to happen, especially when people want to push arguments to the very edge of possibility. Can anyone prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt when I'm going to call into doubt their reality as they know it?

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
In this sense, the spread of legal regulation in the welfare democracies of the west embodies a kind of paternalism that hinders freedom itself.
Well that depends, some would argue that real freedom comes from working within boundaries - I'd agree with them :p

polomolo

HSC
okay, its enough.
i usually avoid getting into arguments such as this thread's title because people are so uptight and so stuck to their own opinions that they push away any piece of advice or teaching that comes their way, but something in me told me to click on that active thread (does God exist?) and see if people have decided to listen for once. then i saw the amount of dirty swearing was being projected towards GOD, and i'm just sitting here laughing at the amount of pain you will recieve because GOD will not stay quiet about it.

Now I'm asking anyone here, ESPECIALLY those who have been discussing this question with no results over and over again, since the 13th of December last year, to please just leave the forum, because you obviously don't want to learn, and that is because you have blocked everything coming in your mind on this subject from christians, this is the nature of humans, once you convince yourself of something, it is very hard NOT IMPOSSIBLE but extremely hard to get around it to the opposite side of the argument, please keep in mind that it was YOU who chose to go on that side of the argument and you have to do the whole going around yourself. IF you are willing to listen to christian teaching and take it as an advice for your life then please either continue to ask questions here without backfiring with your own opinions and irrelevant thoughts that run in your mind, or go to christian websites, and or bookshops that sell christian books, or please ask pastors in churches or any christian that teaches in your city's streets. DO THIS NOT WITH YOUR STUBBORN ATTITUIDE, BUT WITH A WILLING HEART TO LEARN!!!!! DO NOT THINK ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE BUT WHAT THEY ARE TELLING YOU, DO NOT THINK OF WAYS TO PROVE THEM WRONG AT EVERY SENTENCE THEY SAY, BECAUSE THAT SHOWS YOUR ABSOLUTE IMMATURITY, AND UNWILLINGNESS TO ACCEPT THE RIGHT ANSWER.

now for those who have been going through this forum for a long time, or even a short time, it is now that you should realize that you have been incorrectly disciplined, either by your parents' actions or sins or by your own sins, the further you go on this path, you will lead yourself to destruction.

I'm sure some of you may have heard about the concept of Jesus knocking on your door.

This is what happens to humans.
Jesus knocks on your door, if you open it and believe that it is Jesus and let him in, and prepare a meal to have with him and share your home with him for the rest of your life, you will have eternal life. and let me tell you ITS NOT THAT SIMPLE. i'm putting it in a simpler way, but it is VERY VERY HARD to become a christian, if you think you can cope with hard stuff, and you think you can go forever please join the club. otherwise forget it now!.

All of us will have Jesus knocking on our doors for a long time, and some of us will allow him in and have do all that the above says. but others will say how do i know its really you and look through the little hole in the door called 'NO FAITH? LOOK HERE' and you will see NOONE!. and you will say, BUT WHAT IF ITS NOT YOU! I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE! and he will say, I am the son of God, allow me into your home and believe that I am the one, and i assure you that you will feel my presence immediately. you simply say, my science teacher has taught me that there is no God, so why should i believe you, she is a very smart 'human being' who has researched all her life to find that the world has been created with a big bang in space and all the particles came together to form the world and then we evolved from monkeys. (Myths such as this corrupts your minds, and allow you to research more on the subject because you WANT TO BELIEVE THAT GOD DOESNT EXIST!! trust me that is your attitude, if it wasn't i will assure you that you would've actually picked up the bible yourself and read it and studied it hard and realized how Awesome GOD really is)
Jesus says, (just open the door) and i will show you (REAL) Truth and Life, and you shall be satisfied.

You back off from your door and go inside thinking its some crazy man trying to talk to you or steal from you (just like you think Christians are crazy, and they are people who are trying to make you lose the amount of lustful pleasure you get in your life)

Jesus keeps knocking, you come back to the door and he will say, let me in and i will be your best friend, and you will be able to speak to me and i will be your personal teacher (prayer and your PERSONAL BIBLE!) YOU will say, no I'm sorry, PROVE to me with your powers and open the door yourself and come in if your the Son of God, but Jesus will say Believe in what is not visible because what is visible is temporary but what is unseen is eternal. (YOU <---- !!!! ... DO NOT ACCEPT IT BECAUSE YOU WANT TO SEEE STUFF!! okay, drop that attitude as well, because it is NOT too late! you can do it just like i did it myself and just like any and every single christian did it...

Then back to the story. you obviously back off from the door, because you DONT WANT TO LISTEN!, BECAUSE OF YOUR STUPID STUBBORN ATTITUDE!

Jesus keeps knocking, so you go into a room where it is far from your door and 'away from Jesus and his sounds' and you start reading a book called 'HOW TO GUIDE YOUR LIFE YOUR OWN WAY' (just what you wanted!! isn't it?! I'm telling you, this is what every single human being goes through! it may be an easier process if they have been grown with a christian discipline by their parents CHOICE because they are believers, and if you say you haven't been then unfortunately because of your parents' sin you are in a harder position than others, but that doesn't mean that it is impossible for you to change, you just have to have the WILL, and it is defanetely not ethical to blame your parents because everyone is a sinner and will always be)
Then Jesus gets louder with his knocking, and it starts irritating you, so you go and tell him off and say GO AWAY YOU CRAZY MAN, I DONT CARE WHO YOU ARE! I have earthly human friends that i can allow them into my home and have my meal with, and also i have my idols that i can see like that BIG FAT STATUE (yeh thats about to fall on your head one day if you don't stop being so stupid) and my TV, my lustful women and men, in other words mate my desires are enough for me!

so you go inside try and block the sound, by putting earphones in your ear and you listen to the CD "GRUNGE MUSIC (TO BLOCK KNOCKING SOUNDS)", and at the same time you watch the film 'HOW TO CORRUPT YOUR MIND EVEN MORE' but Jesus keeps knocking and knocking and knocking...and then days pass and your still on chair blocking sounds out, and you keep watching new episodes of "HOW TO CORRUPT YOUR MIND EVEN FURTHER", then you try and remove your earphones and stop listening to "GRUNGE MUSIC TO BLOCK KNOCKING SONDS" and and when you take it off, you realize that your ears keep having this grunge noise in your ear, and you could barely hear anything. you go and check at the door, you look in the hole and realize there's still no one standing there.. and then you walk inside, and you open the tv, and you realize that there are disasters occurring in your life, just worldly things, terrorism, sickness, and things that aren't pleasurable, the pain comes into you so much that you feel sad alone and unloved. but you call your lustful friends and allow them to come and have dinner with you, you get involved with homosexuality, you get involved with prostitution, and you simply follow all of your worldly pleasures, but years pass and deaths occur in your life, and you sit there and say, IF THERE WAS A GOD WHERE IS HE!! pfft, you think he would really want to answer that question? coz he's got like another 50 billion of the same question to answer, GOD was at your door, he was going to come into your home and bless you and your family, he was going to give you eternal life.
(IF THESE DAYS HAVN'T COME TO YOU YET, TRUST ME THEIR COMING! IF YOU DONT BELIEVE THEIR COMING BUT WANT TO LEARN, GO READ THE BIBLE, IT HAS IT ALL THERE, LEARN TO TAKE ACTION YOURSELF, DONT BACKFIRE AT ME AND TELL ME TO PUT THE SCRIPTURE HERE! I REALLY DONT CARE LESS ABOUT PEOPLE WHO DONT WANT TO LEARN ANYTHING)
It was you who did all of this, you brought yourself through this whole process to the point where you cannot hear him anymore!, but Jesus will stop knocking, because there is no one to listen, you are dead already without him and you still stabbed yourself, by not letting him in (who does that!!?)

Your hard times will continue coming in your face, they will hurt you bad, and you will keep going back to the book 'HOW TO GUIDE YOUR LIFE YOUR OWN WAY' but this book keeps telling you things like, MEDITATE FOR HOURS, DONT EAT ANIMALS! you do that, but nothing works. then you suddenly realize your life has come to a point where you have lost everything, maybe you have all the money and all the women and men, but money and women are not going to follow you when you die, because you think when you die YOU JUST DIE (wow so much for working so hard!!!! and collecting all that money!!!!! SO MUCH FOR SLEEPING WITH SO MANY WOMEN!! you have gained "SOMETIN" out of it i bet, like what 'worldly pleasures?' THEY ARE TEMPORARY AND WILL DIE AWAY!)
there are some people who will realize that That man that came to me is REALLY the way to truth and life, i should go and open the door for him and see if he knows how to fix my problems, (YOU ARE NOT TOO LATE TO DO THAT, GOD will always love you and want you to come to him, but it is very rare for someone who has gone his whole life by corrupting his mind and keep stabbing himself to out of nowhere realize that he should CHANGE HIS ATTITUDE.......
START NOW AND PRACTICE CHANGING YOUR ATTITUDE. IT IS HARD AND DEMANDING...IF YOU SAY ITS NOT FAIR THAT ITS SOO HARD, THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE IT EARLIER WHEN JESUS KNOCKED FOR THE FIRST OR SECOND TIME! I CANT STRESS IT ANYMORE....IT IS BY YOUR ACTIONS THAT YOU ARE JUDGED! IF YOU DONT HAVE JESUS YOUR ACTIONS WILL BE REVEALED TO GOD ON JUDGEMENT DAY AND YOU ARE SCREWED! NO MORE LOVING GOD FOR YOU! JUST DARKNESS WHERE THERE WILL BE GNASHING OF TEETH.

now some of you have probably read this whole thing, with a wiling heart to learn, but others may have picked up a pen and paper and wrote their backfiring opinions down so they can like try and prove me wrong or convert me to their own argument, GOD'S POWER WILL NEVER ALLOW THAT TO HAPPEN. AND YOU SHOULD DROP THAT ATTITUDE AND GO AND LEARN MORE, IF YOUR CONVINCED WITH YOUR IDEAS AND WHATEVER YOUR GOING TO COMMENT ON, PLEASE GO AWAY, YOU HAVE ALREADY PUT YOUR EARPHONES ON!

now for all of those who will sit there and comment on what i have said, please reread everything i have said more than 10 times in all different perspectives so you wouldn't misunderstand what i have stated, and for all of those who DONT have anything to say but want to still be annoying and comment on spelling or other mistakes i might have done, I'm sure you yourself aren't a keyboard freak that practices typing 24 hours a day, nor sentence generating machine to put words sentences. so please do not comment at all and simply close the window because your not interested and you don't want to learn.

For all of those who have read what i have said and want to learn more because they realize that they are lost, just like i was, and just like many people are, PLEASE stop reading books that corrupt your mind and take you on the wrong path, STOP watching movies that corrupt your mind and take you on the wrong path, STOP being interested in the question 'DOES GOD EXIST' but rather, BELIEVE THAT HE EXISTS AND GO AND LEARN ABOUT HIM!
WHEN GOD SEES THAT YOU BELIEVE IN HIM, HE WILL REVEAL THINGS TO YOU!.

Pray a prayer now and tell God that you believe he is there, DONT SAY 'I DONT KNOW IF YOUR THERE, BUT CAN YOU blablabla...." thats just babish and stupid. say GOD PLEASE HELP ME GET RID OF MY STUBBORN ATTITUDE AND ALLOW ME TO STUDY FURTHER TO LEARN ABOUT YOU AND TO LOVE YOU WITH A WILLING HEART. do this with all your heart, it might take you some time or days, JUST REPEAT IT 50 TIMES OR MORE...and see what results will occur as GOD answers your Genuine and Truthful and HONEST prayer.

For overall issues that i came across in this thread, there is a lot of Curiosity going in in people's minds, This is what our nature is, we want to know stuff all the time, BUT I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU ALWAYS WANT TO KNOW AND LEARN STUFF THAT ARE AGAINST GOD! and GOD'S WILL this is because its the nature of humans, from the first human that GOD created, we can see that Adam went by his choice, and wanted to guide his own life.
HAVE THE ATTITUDE TO LEARN THINGS THAT WILL DRAW YOU TOWARDS THIS MIGHTY GOD. BECAUSE FOLLOWING OUR NATURE IS 'RUNNING OUR OWN LIVES' THUS BEING WITHOUT THE LORD. BUT WE HAVE NO LIFE WITHOUT THE LORD! THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULD STOP READING THE BOOK 'HOW TO RUN YOUR LIFE YOUR OWN WAY' AND START READING THE MANUAL TO ETERNAL LIFE THAT GOD HAS LEFT FOR US 'THE BIBLE'

another issue, 'what about the people in africa that don't know about Jesus or God, how come they get judged severely, its not their fault there's no one to tell them' HOW BOUT IF YOU MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS, AND WORRY ABOUT YOUR OWN LIFE, YOU HAVE HUNDREDS CHRISTIANS AROUND YOU THAT TELL YOU ABOUT JESUS CONSTANTLY AND YOU STILL HAVNT ACCEPTED HIM...IF YOU ACTUALLY READ THE BIBLE YOU WILL REALIZE THAT THERE ARE PASSAGES THAT TELL YOU ABOUT HOW THE WORD OF GOD HAS REACHED EVERY PART OF THE WORLD EVEN IN AFRICA THAT LIFE IS IN DESERTED PLACES...THEY HAD AT LEAST ONE MESSENGER NEXT TO THEM AND THEY NOW HAVE ONE OF THE STRONGEST BASES OF EVANGELISTIC CHURCHES. so please worry about yourself and don't sit there and imagine things like 'WHAT IF I WAS BORN IN AFRICA WAAA WAAA WAAA' your born or are living in a country with great technological power for researching and bookstores that sell bibles. there are very strong bases of churches here that you can join and learn about GOD, stop expecting information and teaching to come straight in your face, do it yourself if your so concerned, I'm sure you'd run like the wind to watch a movie that states information and so called 'proof' that is called a 'myth' which according to the dictionary means 'a misinterpretation of the truth' about GOD being unexisting. you think you don't want to do it? then you don't want to learn!, you're obviously one of those who Jesus said that will not be able to get through the narrow door (because of your stubborn mind) SO YOUR WASTING YOUR TIME PLEASE GO BACK TO YOUR TEMPORARY WORLDY DESIRES. I'm sure they will temporarily keep you happy.

JESUS IS STILL KNOCKING.......

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
polomolo said:
okay, its enough.
i usually avoid getting into arguments such as this thread's title because people are so uptight and so stuck to their own opinions that they push away any piece of advice or teaching that comes their way, but something in me told me to click on that active thread (does God exist?) and see if people have decided to listen for once. then i saw the amount of dirty swearing was being projected towards GOD, and i'm just sitting here laughing at the amount of pain you will recieve because GOD will not stay quiet about it.

Now I'm asking anyone here, ESPECIALLY those who have been discussing this question with no results over and over again, since the 13th of December last year, to please just leave the forum, because you obviously don't want to learn, and that is because you have blocked everything coming in your mind on this subject from christians, this is the nature of humans, once you convince yourself of something, it is very hard NOT IMPOSSIBLE but extremely hard to get around it to the opposite side of the argument, please keep in mind that it was YOU who chose to go on that side of the argument and you have to do the whole going around yourself. IF you are willing to listen to christian teaching and take it as an advice for your life then please either continue to ask questions here without backfiring with your own opinions and irrelevant thoughts that run in your mind, or go to christian websites, and or bookshops that sell christian books, or please ask pastors in churches or any christian that teaches in your city's streets. DO THIS NOT WITH YOUR STUBBORN ATTITUIDE, BUT WITH A WILLING HEART TO LEARN!!!!! DO NOT THINK ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE BUT WHAT THEY ARE TELLING YOU, DO NOT THINK OF WAYS TO PROVE THEM WRONG AT EVERY SENTENCE THEY SAY, BECAUSE THAT SHOWS YOUR ABSOLUTE IMMATURITY, AND UNWILLINGNESS TO ACCEPT THE RIGHT ANSWER.

now for those who have been going through this forum for a long time, or even a short time, it is now that you should realize that you have been incorrectly disciplined, either by your parents' actions or sins or by your own sins, the further you go on this path, you will lead yourself to destruction.

I'm sure some of you may have heard about the concept of Jesus knocking on your door.

Jesus knocks on your door, if you open it and believe that it is Jesus and let him in, and prepare a meal to have with him and share your home with him for the rest of your life, you will have eternal life. and let me tell you ITS NOT THAT SIMPLE. i'm putting it in a simpler way, but it is VERY VERY HARD to become a christian, if you think you can cope with hard stuff, and you think you can go forever please join the club. otherwise forget it now!.

All of us will have Jesus knocking on our doors for a long time, and some of us will allow him in and have do all that the above says. but others will say how do i know its really you and look through the little hole in the door called 'NO FAITH? LOOK HERE' and you will see NOONE!. and you will say, BUT WHAT IF ITS NOT YOU! I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE! and he will say, I am the son of God, allow me into your home and believe that I am the one, and i assure you that you will feel my presence immediately. you simply say, my science teacher has taught me that there is no God, so why should i believe you, she is a very smart 'human being' who has researched all her life to find that the world has been created with a big bang in space and all the particles came together to form the world and then we evolved from monkeys. (Myths such as this corrupts your minds, and allow you to research more on the subject because you WANT TO BELIEVE THAT GOD DOESNT EXIST!! trust me that is your attitude, if it wasn't i will assure you that you would've actually picked up the bible yourself and read it and studied it hard and realized how Awesome GOD really is)
Jesus says, (just open the door) and i will show you (REAL) Truth and Life, and you shall be satisfied.

You back off from your door and go inside thinking its some crazy man trying to talk to you or steal from you (just like you think Christians are crazy, and they are people who are trying to make you lose the amount of lustful pleasure you get in your life)

Jesus keeps knocking, you come back to the door and he will say, let me in and i will be your best friend, and you will be able to speak to me and i will be your personal teacher (prayer and your PERSONAL BIBLE!) YOU will say, no I'm sorry, PROVE to me with your powers and open the door yourself and come in if your the Son of God, but Jesus will say Believe in what is not visible because what is visible is temporary but what is unseen is eternal. (YOU <---- !!!! ... DO NOT ACCEPT IT BECAUSE YOU WANT TO SEEE STUFF!! okay, drop that attitude as well, because it is NOT too late! you can do it just like i did it myself and just like any and every single christian did it...

Then back to the story. you obviously back off from the door, because you DONT WANT TO LISTEN!, BECAUSE OF YOUR STUPID STUBBORN ATTITUDE!

Jesus keeps knocking, so you go into a room where it is far from your door and 'away from Jesus and his sounds' and you start reading a book called 'HOW TO GUIDE YOUR LIFE YOUR OWN WAY' (just what you wanted!! isn't it?! I'm telling you, this is what every single human being goes through! it may be an easier process if they have been grown with a christian discipline by their parents CHOICE because they are believers, and if you say you haven't been then unfortunately because of your parents' sin you are in a harder position than others, but that doesn't mean that it is impossible for you to change, you just have to have the WILL, and it is defanetely not ethical to blame your parents because everyone is a sinner and will always be)
Then Jesus gets louder with his knocking, and it starts irritating you, so you go and tell him off and say GO AWAY YOU CRAZY MAN, I DONT CARE WHO YOU ARE! I have earthly human friends that i can allow them into my home and have my meal with, and also i have my idols that i can see like that BIG FAT STATUE (yeh thats about to fall on your head one day if you don't stop being so stupid) and my TV, my lustful women and men, in other words mate my desires are enough for me!

so you go inside try and block the sound, by putting earphones in your ear and you listen to the CD "GRUNGE MUSIC (TO BLOCK KNOCKING SOUNDS)", and at the same time you watch the film 'HOW TO CORRUPT YOUR MIND EVEN MORE' but Jesus keeps knocking and knocking and knocking...and then days pass and your still on chair blocking sounds out, and you keep watching new episodes of "HOW TO CORRUPT YOUR MIND EVEN FURTHER", then you try and remove your earphones and stop listening to "GRUNGE MUSIC TO BLOCK KNOCKING SONDS" and and when you take it off, you realize that your ears keep having this grunge noise in your ear, and you could barely hear anything. you go and check at the door, you look in the hole and realize there's still no one standing there.. and then you walk inside, and you open the tv, and you realize that there are disasters occurring in your life, just worldly things, terrorism, sickness, and things that aren't pleasurable, the pain comes into you so much that you feel sad alone and unloved. but you call your lustful friends and allow them to come and have dinner with you, you get involved with homosexuality, you get involved with prostitution, and you simply follow all of your worldly pleasures, but years pass and deaths occur in your life, and you sit there and say, IF THERE WAS A GOD WHERE IS HE!! pfft, you think he would really want to answer that question? coz he's got like another 50 billion of the same question to answer, GOD was at your door, he was going to come into your home and bless you and your family, he was going to give you eternal life.
(IF THESE DAYS HAVN'T COME TO YOU YET, TRUST ME THEIR COMING! IF YOU DONT BELIEVE THEIR COMING BUT WANT TO LEARN, GO READ THE BIBLE, IT HAS IT ALL THERE, LEARN TO TAKE ACTION YOURSELF, DONT BACKFIRE AT ME AND TELL ME TO PUT THE SCRIPTURE HERE! I REALLY DONT CARE LESS ABOUT PEOPLE WHO DONT WANT TO LEARN ANYTHING)
It was you who did all of this, you brought yourself through this whole process to the point where you cannot hear him anymore!, but Jesus will stop knocking, because there is no one to listen, you are dead already without him and you still stabbed yourself, by not letting him in (who does that!!?)

Your hard times will continue coming in your face, they will hurt you bad, and you will keep going back to the book 'HOW TO GUIDE YOUR LIFE YOUR OWN WAY' but this book keeps telling you things like, MEDITATE FOR HOURS, DONT EAT ANIMALS! you do that, but nothing works. then you suddenly realize your life has come to a point where you have lost everything, maybe you have all the money and all the women and men, but money and women are not going to follow you when you die, because you think when you die YOU JUST DIE (wow so much for working so hard!!!! and collecting all that money!!!!! SO MUCH FOR SLEEPING WITH SO MANY WOMEN!! you have gained "SOMETIN" out of it i bet, like what 'worldly pleasures?' THEY ARE TEMPORARY AND WILL DIE AWAY!)
there are some people who will realize that That man that came to me is REALLY the way to truth and life, i should go and open the door for him and see if he knows how to fix my problems, (YOU ARE NOT TOO LATE TO DO THAT, GOD will always love you and want you to come to him, but it is very rare for someone who has gone his whole life by corrupting his mind and keep stabbing himself to out of nowhere realize that he should CHANGE HIS ATTITUDE.......
START NOW AND PRACTICE CHANGING YOUR ATTITUDE. IT IS HARD AND DEMANDING...IF YOU SAY ITS NOT FAIR THAT ITS SOO HARD, THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE IT EARLIER WHEN JESUS KNOCKED FOR THE FIRST OR SECOND TIME! I CANT STRESS IT ANYMORE....IT IS BY YOUR ACTIONS THAT YOU ARE JUDGED! IF YOU DONT HAVE JESUS YOUR ACTIONS WILL BE REVEALED TO GOD ON JUDGEMENT DAY AND YOU ARE SCREWED! NO MORE LOVING GOD FOR YOU! JUST DARKNESS WHERE THERE WILL BE GNASHING OF TEETH.

now some of you have probably read this whole thing, with a wiling heart to learn, but others may have picked up a pen and paper and wrote their backfiring opinions down so they can like try and prove me wrong or convert me to their own argument, GOD'S POWER WILL NEVER ALLOW THAT TO HAPPEN. AND YOU SHOULD DROP THAT ATTITUDE AND GO AND LEARN MORE, IF YOUR CONVINCED WITH YOUR IDEAS AND WHATEVER YOUR GOING TO COMMENT ON, PLEASE GO AWAY, YOU HAVE ALREADY PUT YOUR EARPHONES ON!

now for all of those who will sit there and comment on what i have said, please reread everything i have said more than 10 times in all different perspectives so you wouldn't misunderstand what i have stated, and for all of those who DONT have anything to say but want to still be annoying and comment on spelling or other mistakes i might have done, I'm sure you yourself aren't a keyboard freak that practices typing 24 hours a day, nor sentence generating machine to put words sentences. so please do not comment at all and simply close the window because your not interested and you don't want to learn.

For all of those who have read what i have said and want to learn more because they realize that they are lost, just like i was, and just like many people are, PLEASE stop reading books that corrupt your mind and take you on the wrong path, STOP watching movies that corrupt your mind and take you on the wrong path, STOP being interested in the question 'DOES GOD EXIST' but rather, BELIEVE THAT HE EXISTS AND GO AND LEARN ABOUT HIM!

Pray a prayer now and tell God that you believe he is there, DONT SAY 'I DONT KNOW IF YOUR THERE, BUT CAN YOU blablabla...." thats just babish and stupid. say GOD PLEASE HELP ME GET RID OF MY STUBBORN ATTITUDE AND ALLOW ME TO STUDY FURTHER TO LEARN ABOUT YOU AND TO LOVE YOU WITH A WILLING HEART. do this with all your heart, it might take you some time or days, JUST REPEAT IT 50 TIMES OR MORE...and see what results will occur as GOD answers your Genuine and Truthful and HONEST prayer.

For overall issues that i came across in this thread, there is a lot of Curiosity going in in people's minds, This is what our nature is, we want to know stuff all the time, BUT I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU ALWAYS WANT TO KNOW AND LEARN STUFF THAT ARE AGAINST GOD! and GOD'S WILL this is because its the nature of humans, from the first human that GOD created, we can see that Adam went by his choice, and wanted to guide his own life.
HAVE THE ATTITUDE TO LEARN THINGS THAT WILL DRAW YOU TOWARDS THIS MIGHTY GOD. BECAUSE FOLLOWING OUR NATURE IS 'RUNNING OUR OWN LIVES' THUS BEING WITHOUT THE LORD. BUT WE HAVE NO LIFE WITHOUT THE LORD! THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULD STOP READING THE BOOK 'HOW TO RUN YOUR LIFE YOUR OWN WAY' AND START READING THE MANUAL TO ETERNAL LIFE THAT GOD HAS LEFT FOR US 'THE BIBLE'

another issue, 'what about the people in africa that don't know about Jesus or God, how come they get judged severely, its not their fault there's no one to tell them' HOW BOUT IF YOU MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS, AND WORRY ABOUT YOUR OWN LIFE, YOU HAVE HUNDREDS CHRISTIANS AROUND YOU THAT TELL YOU ABOUT JESUS CONSTANTLY AND YOU STILL HAVNT ACCEPTED HIM...IF YOU ACTUALLY READ THE BIBLE YOU WILL REALIZE THAT THERE ARE PASSAGES THAT TELL YOU ABOUT HOW THE WORD OF GOD HAS REACHED EVERY PART OF THE WORLD EVEN IN AFRICA THAT LIFE IS IN DESERTED PLACES...THEY HAD AT LEAST ONE MESSENGER NEXT TO THEM AND THEY NOW HAVE ONE OF THE STRONGEST BASES OF EVANGELISTIC CHURCHES. so please worry about yourself and don't sit there and imagine things like 'WHAT IF I WAS BORN IN AFRICA WAAA WAAA WAAA' your born or are living in a country with great technological power for researching and bookstores that sell bibles. there are very strong bases of churches here that you can join and learn about GOD, stop expecting information and teaching to come straight in your face, do it yourself if your so concerned, I'm sure you'd run like the wind to watch a movie that states information and so called 'proof' that is called a 'myth' which according to the dictionary means 'a misinterpretation of the truth' about GOD being unexisting. you think you don't want to do it? then you don't want to learn!, you're obviously one of those who Jesus said that will not be able to get through the narrow door (because of your stubborn mind) SO YOUR WASTING YOUR TIME PLEASE GO BACK TO YOUR TEMPORARY WORLDY DESIRES. I'm sure they will temporarily keep you happy.

oh ok cool

L

littlewing69

polomolo said:
okay, its enough.

Ranting seems to be a tradition amongst the devout.

polomolo

HSC
ok your just sad, its amazing how much i expected some idiot to do that, why do you even click on the thread if your not interested!

L

littlewing69

polomolo said:
ok your just sad, its amazing how much i expected some idiot to do that, why do you even click on the thread if your not interested!
Dude...you were ranting. I almost felt the spittle through the intertubes. Edit it down, punctuate and capitalise, and cut all the crap, Tolstoy. Then people might read it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 57)