Does God exist? (1 Viewer)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

lengy

HSC
Yeah and have you ever thought about YOUR Lalala land? Heaven? Where in some intepretations the souls of a rape victim will be in the same place as the soul of the rapist? Do I really want to be stuck in a place with people like you? NO! There is no afterlife.

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
Ok then "have more knowledge than you in this area".

Yes, if you both had equal intelligence, worked equally as hard etc etc...

No.

Err no... We can prove things by other means than by seeing them, however we can get a decent 'visual' picture with some very expensive electron microscopes.

Do you have proof that that is the reason you don't have proof for his existance?

Why should I believe the bible?

How can you prove he created this earth?

How can you prove that this happened?

But to accept jesus I need proof, my mind isn't going to waver on this, it won't let me.

Errr no... I'll accept them if they have the evidence.

Doesn't all that seem like.... brainwashing?
Seriously, sometimes I think you should rely less on your own judgement. It's not everytime that whatever you disagree with is wrong. Speaking of which, have you ever taken in a new science theory from class and fully understood and accepted it? You eventually understood it because it slowly grow in you as time goes by while you've already fully trusted science. If you didn't believe in science, you might never have understood the theory because you give any excuse to deny it for which it is your own inability to grasp it.
So unless you're a genius with 200 IQ, I don't think you should place your own judgement above all else.
Btw, Newton became a christian later in his life.

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
polomolo said:
mate, whey did you get into the thread if your uninterested, the thread is called "does god exist?" so i'm answering questions in that topic, if your so sick of reading so many threads and obviously havnt gained anything out of it, then you have blocked year ears and arn't allowing anything to come through, so simply stop reading.

and i am not defending my religion, because it is not a religion, it is a relationship between a human being and God, i am introducing people to this relationship, and if you do not except it, your bad i really dont care, so dont go and become offensive at me and call me a noob or watever you're saying, just because i'm not encouraging what you believe in doesnt mean you have the right to swear at me. just simply stop reading what i type, its obvioiusly not for you.
Lengy's just a sad male nurse. He takes a sense of pride in pissing those that have the capacity to see things in the right direction. It makes him feel strong because he has no future while alive and after death.

polomolo

HSC
ohh...you don't say!..what about the whole world, is it going to decompose too? and where will it go? in its special little grave? because like if you don't realize, the end of the world is very near, global warming is one big sign. if you read the bible it tells you these things.
your just being short minded, because you haven't actually experienced the power of God, you will feel it just seconds before you die. there are thousands of testimonies of people coming back from sudden death because doctors have brought them back in emergency rooms, and these people have almost turned crazy because they have seen the amount of power exists after you die (there are books in christian book stores that tell these testimonies). i'm sorry the world is not going to finish with decomposing, because it is not going to decompose if there is no God power, it doesnt just happen, and its pretty stupid of anyone to think of it that way.
seriously, why would you think of something unlogical to be possible?, why wouldn't people just drop their stupid scientific ideas because their never going to get how this awsome designer has made this world, the bible says that there will be a time where our brain will just stop at a point because it is not able to know anymore.
why would'nt you believe that there is a power behind all this, instead of thinking that everything happened with a bang, what happens with a bang these days? 'i dont see a dictionary being written with a bang in the print shop' (quoted by Dr. Artur conklin, once a biologist of princeton university) and us christians are telling you that this book is made by an author, but you think were just sitting there and lieing to you.
anyway you wouldn't lose anything if you actually go and read the bible and find out for yourself what would happen to us when we die. and start worrying!

polomolo

HSC
lengy said:
Yeah and have you ever thought about YOUR Lalala land? Heaven? Where in some intepretations the souls of a rape victim will be in the same place as the soul of the rapist? Do I really want to be stuck in a place with people like you? NO! There is no afterlife.
oi, you dont need to be stuck with anyone when you die. just stay as you are and you'll see what i mean when the day comes. your becoming offensive and personal with your answers, go away.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
i'm sorry, but you are not aware of maaany things about christianity, maybe you should read the bible. this is where the answers to all your questions lie.
I'm not aware of maaany things about maaany religions - We only have limited time, I see no reason to devote myself to learning one religion to a great extent over another.

i have lived my life for about 18 years in a muslim country, my mother has been a missionary who goes around and preaches the word of GOD to muslims, and trust me, it is much easier to make muslims christians than to make christians (by name) christians.
My father has worked for 20 years in the bible society overseas, and he has encountered thousands of muslims to walk in the store and buy multiple bibles, and they come back with great thanks because they have been saved.
Which country is this? Also regardless of your own experience very, very few people from predominately muslim countries end up becomming christians - thus my point stands.

as you said, your lucky to be in a christian country, there have been nations of christians that have been threatened to be worn out in muslim countries. your in a chrsitian country and your here arguin with a christian that all he wants is your peace in ur life.
I'm not arguing with you because I don't like you or because I'm mean or anything... I'm arguing with you because I disagree with you, something you seem little capable of dealing with.

like seriously why do you think i'm sitting here typing for hours, i have many other things to do, but i really want you to go and search things for yourself without being so stubborn.
What makes you think I HAVEN'T 'searched' for God? It's very presumptious. I've probably considered the existance of God much more than alot of God-believing people of my age, my non-belief so far has nothing to do with me being stubborn and everything to do with my mind not being satisfied with the weak evidence that has been presented to me so far.

Seriously, sometimes I think you should rely less on your own judgement.
What else do I have to rely on other than my own judgement/thoughts/experience?

It's not everytime that whatever you disagree with is wrong.
I'm aware that I have/can/could be wrong - Unfortunately this doesn't assist us much to validate the questions at hand.

Speaking of which, have you ever taken in a new science theory from class and fully understood and accepted it?
I don't think I ever 'fully' understand anything, but alot of scientific theories that I learnt in school I did accept and have a basic knowledge of just from the textbook. I.e. Stuff as simple as heat induction, that made sense to me :)

You eventually understood it because it slowly grow in you as time goes by while you've already fully trusted science.
I do think science is great, but that doesn't mean I trust all scientists unquestioningly or any old scientific theory - That would actually show less respect for science.

If you didn't believe in science, you might never have understood the theory because you give any excuse to deny it for which it is your own inability to grasp it.
We can only work with that which we know T-mac.

So unless you're a genius with 200 IQ, I don't think you should place your own judgement above all else.
Even if you're a complete idiot in the end all you have to fall back on is your own judgement/thoughts/experiences. What you (I think) mean to say is to weigh other people's thoughts more in your judgements, to which I say - Regardless of intelligence you should respect what people say and if they have a strong argument it should inevitably weigh strongly on your own judgement.

the proof is there in your heart when you accept it and open the door for jesus. if you read my long text, i have said that when you let jesus in, he will reaveal all things to you.
I'm sorry polomolo but that is really a nothing statement, let me show you:

Polomolo - The truth of Muhammed is in your heart and when you accept it and open the door for Muhammed, he will reveal things for you.

Polomolo - The truth of the non-existance of god is in your heart and when you accept it and open the door for it you will have true understanding of this godless universe.

i'm sorry this is how it works. you have to through yourself into it, no dont picture it as something that you might regret doing, because you will regret not throwing yourself into it when the day comes.
I'm sorry but it doesn't sit well with me to first 'accept jesus in my heart' and only then will I know that god exists. It's essentially saying 'accept that god exists and you will know god exists'... it's a waste of time to tell me such things.

and i am not defending my religion, because it is not a religion
It is a religion, you might want to assert that it 'isn't ONLY a religion' but don't try claiming that it isn't - it is.

polomolo

HSC
I'm not aware of maaany things about maaany religions - We only have limited time, I see no reason to devote myself to learning one religion to a great extent over another.

yeh mate the only reason is that christianity is not a religion, nor is it something that you have to follow with rules and regulations, i said it is a relationship with God through Jesus. so really Go! and read the bible, it is not something that you have to slowly progress in, it is something that you have to drop your attitude in and accept. it only takes a 2-5 minute prayer, and your saved.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
ohh...you don't say!..what about the whole world, is it going to decompose too? and where will it go? in its special little grave?
We have no evidence, nor can we have evidence, of what happens when we die.

because like if you don't realize, the end of the world is very near, global warming is one big sign. if you read the bible it tells you these things.
Can you please provide the bible quote on global warming?

your just being short minded, because you haven't actually experienced the power of God, you will feel it just seconds before you die.
How convenient.

there are thousands of testimonies of people coming back from sudden death because doctors have brought them back in emergency rooms, and these people have almost turned crazy because they have seen the amount of power exists after you die (there are books in christian book stores that tell these testimonies).
Science actually understands NDE's quite well, can replicate them in a lab etc you should look into it.

i'm sorry the world is not going to finish with decomposing, because it is not going to decompose if there is no God power, it doesnt just happen, and its pretty stupid of anyone to think of it that way.
no 'God' power? The world seems to run fine without the need for a God (from everything we understand so far) so which piece of the puzzle does God fill in?

seriously, why would you think of something unlogical to be possible?,
It's illogical for people to think they'll decompose when they die?

why wouldn't people just drop their stupid scientific ideas because their never going to get how this awsome designer has made this world, the bible says that there will be a time where our brain will just stop at a point because it is not able to know anymore.
Why do you keep writing mindless, incoherant rhetoric ?

polomolo

HSC
Which country is this? Also regardless of your own experience very, very few people from predominately muslim countries end up becomming christians - thus my point stands

this country is syria. and just recently Egypt has had a Sheikh, which is the man who stands and preaches the muslim faith, and this is in egypt, one of the largest muslim countries. and this man had written a book about muslim faith and how you should follow the regulations balbla...while studying this he also studied the christian religion to incorporate it as a comparison in his book. in the end this man was so tied up with this topic that after publishing his book, he thoroughly searched about christian faith, and "read the bible" and he was saved, he converted into christianity, he is now being prosecuted because muslims felt offended of his actions.
the man himself while being judged said 'if any one of you muslims take a very hard approach and study the christian faith, there is no doubt that you would convert'.

you just sound like you don't believe me at some points, i am not lieing to you, nor do i have time to do that, i am being honest and truthful with everything i say.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
yeh mate the only reason is that christianity is not a religion, nor is it something that you have to follow with rules and regulations,
Wait... there's no rules/regulations in christianity? I'm afraid there are. Also, from where I stand christianity is a religion, so unfortunately that doesn't answer my question - Why should I devote time to learning about your religion over religion X when they're going to tell me the exact same things as you have.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
this country is syria...... you just sound like you don't believe me at some points, i am not lieing to you, nor do i have time to do that, i am being honest and truthful with everything i say.
I wanted to know which country for my own curiosity.

Egypt has had a Sheikh, which is the man who stands and preaches the muslim faith, and this is in egypt, one of the largest muslim countries. and this man had written a book about muslim faith and how you should follow the regulations balbla...while studying this he also studied the christian religion to incorporate it as a comparison in his book. in the end this man was so tied up with this topic that after publishing his book, he thoroughly searched about christian faith, and "read the bible" and he was saved, he converted into christianity, he is now being prosecuted because muslims felt offended of his actions.
the man himself while being judged said 'if any one of you muslims take a very hard approach and study the christian faith, there is no doubt that you would convert'.
That's cool. You know there are christian preachers that have become atheists too? These stories mean very little.

polomolo

HSC
We have no evidence, nor can we have evidence, of what happens when we die.

your twisting it around and around, i really feel sorry for you because your corrupting your own mind, this is not a game, there's going to be a day to come where you will die, and when it comes you will say 'Ohhhh i wish i listened' so why don't you drop that we have no evidence thing, because it is soo human, and you will not get anywhere with that idea in your head.
the whole of the christian lifestyle relies on 'Faith' and strong faith, now before you ask me anymore questions, if you think you can't have faith, i'm sorry i'm just sick of having this subject twisting around, so stop asking me anything, because your just finding your self opinionated ideas of me being wrong to be more pleasurable than what i'm saying, so obviously that is going to continue throughout every bit of our conversation.

polomolo

HSC
Wait... there's no rules/regulations in christianity? I'm afraid there are. Also, from where I stand christianity is a religion, so unfortunately that doesn't answer my question - Why should I devote time to learning about your religion over religion X when they're going to tell me the exact same things as you have.

mate i'm afraid there are not, go read the bible and it says it right in your face that there are no rules and regulations, because humans are so imperfect they will never be perfect in God's eyes, so God so loved the world that he sent his only son so that whoever believes in him shall have eternal life (John 3:16)

i'm sorry but from where you stand christianity is a religion because humans have turned it into a religion, God does not want that, people do everything in God's name these days but who says it is really glorifying him?
you should go away from where you stand and see other perspectives of what christianity is. its the non-christians of this world who go and create wars and call themselves christians.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
your twisting it around and around, i really feel sorry for you because your corrupting your own mind, this is not a game, there's going to be a day to come where you will die, and when it comes you will say 'Ohhhh i wish i listened' so why don't you drop that we have no evidence thing, because it is soo human, and you will not get anywhere with that idea in your head.
I'm sorry, but even if you for whatever reason disregard the need for evidence - In your own mind, when making decisions, you are using your own form of logic, relying on your own 'evidence'. There's no other way around it.

so stop asking me anything, because your just finding your self opinionated ideas of me being wrong to be more pleasurable than what i'm saying
You think I'm wrong, I think you're wrong, we're discussing the issue at hand - this is called debate.

--------
mate i'm afraid there are not, go read the bible and it says it right in your face that there are no rules and regulations, because humans are so imperfect they will never be perfect in God's eyes, so God so loved the world that he sent his only son so that whoever believes in him shall have eternal life (John 3:16)
John3:16 said:
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
I really don't see your point there, perhaps you can clarify it a bit more?

Last edited:

polomolo

HSC
That's cool. You know there are christian preachers that have become atheists too? These stories mean very little.

yes people can turn away from the Lord when worldly pleasures overpower their desires, that way the start putting things before God and this way they realize their mistake, but these people will never ever be forgiven again. because it says in the bible that when a christian goes back to worldly desires, it means he has crucified Jesus for a second time, thus God will not stand silent. These people that turned athiests, they are in great burden now, their not living happy dappy lives like you think their living, they have caged themsleves in the thought of dieing and will never be able to leave that cage.

polomolo

HSC
I'm sorry, but even if you for whatever reason disregard the need for evidence - In your own mind, when making decisions, you are using your own form of logic, relying on your own 'evidence'. There's no other way around it.

i am not using my own evidence nor am i using my own logic. logic is what all humans use as something realistic, i'm sure you have the same brain capacity of logic as i do myself. and for the evidence this is what every christian believes in, and you will too when you read the bible and repent from your sins. this is the other way around it. stop telling me that i'm making things up, this is what i mean when i tell you that you dont believe me.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
yes people can turn away from the Lord when worldly pleasures overpower their desires, that way the start putting things before God and this way they realize their mistake, but these people will never ever be forgiven again.
So there's no other way? Someone can't simply have believed in God, then at a point in their life analysed it some more and come to the conclusion that their religion is false? It MUST be because of 'worldly pleasures' ?

Also, what does atheism have to do with 'worldly pleasures' - In christianity you get the same as what atheists do, so I don't really see your point.

polomolo

HSC
ou think I'm wrong, I think you're wrong, we're discussing the issue at hand - this is called debate.

no no, this is more than a debate. this is about your life and where you should be at right now, instead of where you stand, i'm trying to help you out of what your into. its like your falling off the mountain and your holding on with your hands, i'm trying to pick you up and ur saying 'no what if you throw me down, no i can do it myself, no no no', first of all you will not lose anything when you become a christian, but rather you will gain the reward of eternity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)