Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
i am not using my own evidence nor am i using my own logic.
...Yes you are, there is no other way for you to make decisions then to involve your own thought-processing.

and for the evidence this is what every christian believes in, and you will too when you read the bible and repent from your sins.
And if I don't?

stop telling me that i'm making things up, this is what i mean when i tell you that you dont believe me.
Well I don't believe it's possible for someone to come to conclusions disconnected from their own thought processes.

no no, this is more than a debate. this is about your life and where you should be at right now, instead of where you stand, i'm trying to help you out of what your into.
I'd really rather if you approached this debate from a different perspective than 'You comming to help me'.

first of all you will not lose anything when you become a christian, but rather you will gain the reward of eternity.
My brain seemingly will not allow me to have faith - Will this end the conversation or do you have a solution to that?

Last edited:

polomolo

HSC
So there's no other way? Someone can't simply have believed in God, then at a point in their life analysed it some more and come to the conclusion that their religion is false? It MUST be because of 'worldly pleasures' ?

Also, what does atheism have to do with 'worldly pleasures' - In christianity you get the same as what atheists do, so I don't really see your point.

your going back to the religion...."IT IS NOT A RELIGION" it is a relationship with God, and when this relationship is broken by worldly desires, such as you falling in lust, or going back to your old ways because you lose 'self control' you dont think that 'this religion is false' because it is not a religion, you simply go far away from God and stop your relationship with him. this is when your burden that your having now that was gone off you when you repented, will come back on you with an even stronger weight.

polomolo

HSC
Also, what does atheism have to do with 'worldly pleasures' - In christianity you get the same as what atheists do, so I don't really see your point.

Atheism means , not believing in that there is a God, the whole purpose of our lives is to gloryfy God, and if we are not doing that then we are obviously caught up with wordly pleasures, such as lust, Overwork, drinking, Drugs, overeating, these are things that you take on when you want to run your own life. this occurs because you dont believe in a God because your an Atheist. These people might have turned atheists because God may have taken something from them, and from being upset and angry they may have gone towards the worldly pleasures and thus these have overpowered them

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Anyway, I think this discussion can end here before I go to work.

• I NEED evidence
  • You're unwilling to provide/don't believe in evidence
  • See the top point.

If you are not going to front evidence for the existance of God then I have no desire to engage in a rhetorical 'wankfest' that will lead to nothing, with you.

Last edited:

polomolo

HSC
And if I don't?

then simply dont ask anymore, because you are not believing anything i say, i'll tell you the truth, every part of what i'm saying comes from the same source of facts available which is the bible. so decide now, if you are going to beleive what the bible says, then i suggest you either read it by taking some consideration the amount of time i'm spending to explain something to you.

polomolo

HSC
Anyway, I think this discussion can end here before I go to work.
I NEED evidence
You're unwilling to provide/don't believe in evidence
See the top point.

evidence is right there in your heart when you open the door.
see if there were a 1000 steps before you and God, God will take the 999, and its up to you to take the last one and come to him.
its not that i'm not willing to provide you with evidence, you want impossible to get evidence, you want me to show you the power of God, i am not a prophet nor am i an angel. i cannot do that for you, you have to experience the power of God yourself when you believe.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
evidence is right there in your heart when you open the door.
I am open to the possibility of god existing, with all my heart. I would sincerely love to believe in God, the door is open but jesus isn't interested :)

i cannot do that for you, you have to experience the power of God yourself when you believe.
So the only way for me to get evidence of God's existance so I can believe, is to already believe?

polomolo

HSC
Quote:
your just being short minded, because you haven't actually experienced the power of God, you will feel it just seconds before you die.

How convenient.

This is not what they do in a debate 'make jokes out of everything the other side says', your just being arrogant and want to comment on every thing i say. i have to go back to what i was doing last night before i came in this thread.

polomolo

HSC
I am open to the possibility of god existing, with all my heart. I would sincerely love to believe in God, the door is open but jesus isn't interested

which geek made you believe that Jesus is not interested. HE FRIGIN DIED FOR YOU!

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
polomolo said:
I am not using my own evidence nor am i using my own logic. logic is what all humans use as something realistic, i'm sure you have the same brain capacity of logic as i do myself. and for the evidence this is what every christian believes in, and you will too when you read the bible and repent from your sins. this is the other way around it. stop telling me that i'm making things up, this is what i mean when i tell you that you dont believe me.
This problem always appears in this debate. You have asked us to be open minded so now I'm going to ask the same of you and consider the following:

(1) As you have pointed out, your assertions are not based on logic/evidence. Can you see the issue with this? If you admit arguments without requiring that they be logical or evidence based then anything can be proved to be true. As with many other arguments in this thread, your claims adhere to the rule 'X is true because I believe it to be so'. I don't particularly wish to dispell the personal meaning such beliefs may hold for you, but please understand how weak those arguments sound.

(2) A hypothetical: If we provisionally accept that god exists, how do we know that the christian faith is the correct one (given how many others exist). Similarly, how do we know anything about god, e.g. how do we know that god is benevolent etc.

polomolo

HSC
So the only way for me to get evidence of God's existance so I can believe, is to already believe?

this is what you call twisting things around.

No, when you Believe in God, You will Feel His Presence In Your Life!, But if you Dont believe in Jesus, and havn't accepted him in your life, then you have to do that as a second step, but dont just jump steps because you've got a long time to think about what to do to believe in God. maybe you should pray and ask him with a believing heart for him to show you what he really is, don't say it in an arrogant way. say it in a way to show him your real interest to Get to know him more. not for him to show you himself thats just not going to work.

polomolo

HSC
Well my heart is open but he doesn't seem interested in showing me the evidence, as you said he would.

trust me it takes much more than just opening your heart, you have to accept him in, he's not a robber to just come in your house and eat your food. you accept him in and you prepare a meal for him to have with him.

dont stand there and expect things to happen, ask and you will recieve!, knock on the door and it will be opened for you, Look and you will find (verses from the bible).

polomolo

HSC
As you have pointed out, your assertions are not based on logic/evidence.
the big bang is logic?

polomolo

HSC
X [GOD] is true because I believe it to be so

This is how it works, you will recieve when you believe. why do you expect to believe stuff after they have been logical for you, and they have physically seen you. as i have read from many posts in this thread, even if God comes, i really do not think that atheists are going to run to him and be like OHH WERE SOOO SORRY NOW WE BELIEVE YOU. humans will continue to be arrogant, and start new arguments. this is what happened with the israelites when prophesies were told to them, they were expecting big stuff to happen, but a normal human being came to earth, he showed his Godly power, but they STILL did not believe and thus they crucified him.

polomolo

HSC
Often in this thread theists (and atheists) have come in, making ascertions about big bang theory and often missing the mark imho... so Polomolo, what do you think 'big bang theory' is?

simply, in the beginning God, spoke and he created the heavens and the earth. It may have been in the same way that the scientists have said it would be, but power doesnt just appear millions and millions of years ago. thats just not acceptable.
i don't see why people would rather accept the theory of it appearing out of nowhere rather the fact that there is a major power behind all of this.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Ok, so you don't wish to be open minded and try and understand the issue that zero logic/evidence creates. In passing over it you're missing a key concept in understanding my/our position. Oh well, your choice really.

However, I'd like to pose this again:

"(2) A hypothetical: If we provisionally accept that god exists, how do we know that the christian faith is the correct one (given how many others exist)? Similarly, how do we know anything about god, e.g. how do we know that god is benevolent? etc."

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Polomolo, you're incapable of having a DEBATE. This is what this forum is for; DEBATE. If we wanted an evangelical rant and were searching for "help" to "open our hearts to Jesus", we'd be at a church. If you want your beliefs to be anything other than ridiculed here, you need to back up your claims, stop attempting to mock people who don't believe you just because you can't prove them wrong, and use correct spelling and grammar.

It seems you're not interested in having a debate, rather just spewing your beliefs onto others, which, as I've said, isn't what this forum is for. If you wish to continue posting, please do, I think there could be an interesting debate, but the posts you've made recently show nothing but emotion-charged babble. It seems you're here in an attempt to convert us or simply inflate your ego by shouting about the glory of god, rather than have a real debate.

I'm saying all this because your point of view could allow for a very interesting debate, but only if you're willing to debate rather than babble.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)