Does God exist? (3 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
im atheist but good question nonetheless; I was actually brought up in a muslim family. i think its a combination of being brought up with scientific interest that sorta made me challenge a lot of the ideals. i respect people’s individual beliefs nonetheless and i wouldn’t attack people based on their own values, that being said i will point out fallacies and inconsistencies.
I think I'm the same as you and need facts to believe something as opposed to faith. But I can see religion as 'hope' for some people so I don't wanna tell em ur wrong but if they start saying some nonsense like ur broke and sick cos it's God's plan then I'll give it to them.

I see on Reddit people who do something similar are disowned/segregated from their family because they don't believe the same thing anymore. It's sad :/

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
Also if anyone has the time, this video has a solid theory that all religion is just agricultural astrology taken too literally.

Atheist/agnostic slayer

HSC
N/A
View attachment 42943

Is it possible to find a flaw in this
Yes lol this is horrible. Epicurus had many many flawed beliefs, like for instance holding to the position contrary to Aristotle's nicomachean ethics that pleasure, despite consequences of the preceding actions to reach pleasure, is the ultimate good and desire for all humankind. He even opposed all formulations of teleology and instead was a mechanist, essentially meaning that everything that is in motion or filled with potential i.e everything natural and existing within the universe can always be explained by essential universals and empiricism like sciences such as physics. This is because he adopted a deistic, pagan multi-deity worldview. Obviously this is just wrong and it's formulated so horribly it makes me think epicurus was very ignorant or not classic by any means.

The question "Why is there evil"can be broken down and actually answered via reductio ad absurdum, meaning supposing the other side that evil would not exist.

Suppose there was an absence of evil everything must possess the quality of perfection, ergo, for all agents X that possess perfection do not possess the quality to be a human as agent predicates agency which implicates free will. Free will entails self determined action indifferent to any extrinsic action to conform your agency to the object of the extrinsic action. Once again, having the capacity to act and then not acting does not align with the predicate of choosing inaction.

The question "Could God have created a universe with free-will but without evil is a nonsensical question and is self refuting, can a circle be a square? If evil is a consequence and mode of signification for free will it's an essential universal and necessity for free will, in so far as it assumes the position of the negation of Option A, that being Option B.

Epicurean stupidity and ignorance. Try again please with new arguments that haven't been refuted for more than 2000 years.

Atheist/agnostic slayer

HSC
N/A
some motivation behind believing is that if u do ur rewarded and get to be in heaven and if U do bad U go 2 hell.

Like that's just called being a decent person.

Also religion causes so much fukn dramas. Countries blowing each other up and having a sook cos they r arguing over gods from centuries ago

Religion is a man made construct to control stupid ppl
So does secular discourse? Is that really your main objection to religion? That actions carried out from self-determined individuals are what the religion entails? Lol please get your head checked.

Atheist/agnostic slayer

HSC
N/A
Where is ur evidence lol

and don't say some made up book from ages ago. Wouldn't the normal be like it's doesn't exist until U prove it does? I remb seeing on tiktok and interesting argument were U just grew up with it and that's why U believe in it. Like u don't grow up in middle east and be a Christian (usually) and likewise in the states U would usually be Catholic or Christian as opposed to Muslim.
It's concerning that you want to engage in debate without utilising appropriate rhetoric, like I don't know spelling words correctly? Firstly, the first claim is flawed by virtue of the fact that people may be raised a certain religion yet have the option to internally change their beliefs as they grow older. Your point is that you just may be born into a religion yet this is digressive after the fact that people grow older, are exposed to different beliefs and positions.

yes I believe in evolution and other things science can prove. I don't think anything happens after death. U live on earth U die and we move on. I was raised Hindu and got told there was an afterlife and stuff and if U do good in this life U get a better next one. This just sounded like copium for poor people that were struggling.

i guess we can prove everything after the big bang but not stuff proceeding it.

if we could prove with math physics or science before the big bang, would U still believe in a god?
Just a multiplicity of such flawed claims and it's so concerning that people like you, most atheists, try to argue against the theistic worldview with 0 understanding of theology, philosophy, metalogic, epistemology.

Firstly, you just asserted you're a modern empiricist meaning you value what you observe with your five senses opposed to metaphysics and propositional logic. The claim you can prove everything after the big bang is just again a falsehood because you cannot prove and account for any essential universals such as logic, axioms, mathematics. Do you know what axioms are? They're self-evidential dictations of how the universe operates, without any ability to prove them. They're presupposed to be true by all people who accept classical logic, and by virtue of you making that comment one can only assume a rejection of classical logic from this person.

Furthermore, your second claim with you conveniently supplemented with an antecedent correlate "if" would be so nonsensical because physics and sciences are empirically prove, not logical necessities meaning if other possible worlds they could exist otherwise in different ways. This is just a fundamental metalogical proof that follows from a logical system. Math will never be able to explain something in which we can only analogically predicate to yet we can grasp a greater understanding of the creator of this universe through revelatory experiences.

idkkdi

HSC
Yes lol this is horrible. Epicurus had many many flawed beliefs, like for instance holding to the position contrary to Aristotle's nicomachean ethics that pleasure, despite consequences of the preceding actions to reach pleasure, is the ultimate good and desire for all humankind. He even opposed all formulations of teleology and instead was a mechanist, essentially meaning that everything that is in motion or filled with potential i.e everything natural and existing within the universe can always be explained by essential universals and empiricism like sciences such as physics. This is because he adopted a deistic, pagan multi-deity worldview. Obviously this is just wrong and it's formulated so horribly it makes me think epicurus was very ignorant or not classic by any means.

The question "Why is there evil"can be broken down and actually answered via reductio ad absurdum, meaning supposing the other side that evil would not exist.

Suppose there was an absence of evil everything must possess the quality of perfection, ergo, for all agents X that possess perfection do not possess the quality to be a human as agent predicates agency which implicates free will. Free will entails self determined action indifferent to any extrinsic action to conform your agency to the object of the extrinsic action. Once again, having the capacity to act and then not acting does not align with the predicate of choosing inaction.

The question "Could God have created a universe with free-will but without evil is a nonsensical question and is self refuting, can a circle be a square? If evil is a consequence and mode of signification for free will it's an essential universal and necessity for free will, in so far as it assumes the position of the negation of Option A, that being Option B.

Epicurean stupidity and ignorance. Try again please with new arguments that haven't been refuted for more than 2000 years.
how is free will without evil nonsensical? the analogy is closer to can there be shapes without edges (circle) rather than can a circle be a square.

can you prove that if there is free will then there cannot exist evil?

Atheist/agnostic slayer

HSC
N/A
how is free will without evil nonsensical? the analogy is closer to can there be shapes without edges (circle) rather than can a circle be a square.

can you prove that if there is free will then there cannot exist evil?
Notice how you didn't even provide a single valid retort to any of my propositions, I'm referring to agency expounding external multiplicity of choices as opposed to internal of the same choice, there is no virtual distinction otherwise. Please go ahead.

idkkdi

HSC
Notice how you didn't even provide a single valid retort to any of my propositions, I'm referring to agency expounding external multiplicity of choices as opposed to internal of the same choice, there is no virtual distinction otherwise. Please go ahead.
how is free will without evil nonsensical? in understandable language.

Atheist/agnostic slayer

HSC
N/A
how is free will without evil nonsensical? in understandable language.
So repeating myself for a second time, what part of my point did you think you were responding to? I already proposed the absence of any flaw that being perfection would be a state of which you can possess free will to an extent of it being actual in the sense that the all decisions are not free outside of the same state and mode of existence i.e internally multiple decision options. Whereas, free will, to be self determined must entail external multiple options in so far as whatever the subjects state of existence is. So it's self refuting to even posit a claim because preceding factors from making internal options with the state of perfection would entail having the possibility or ability to change your state of existence 🤣

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
So repeating myself for a second time, what part of my point did you think you were responding to? I already proposed the absence of any flaw that being perfection would be a state of which you can possess free will to an extent of it being actual in the sense that the all decisions are not free outside of the same state and mode of existence i.e internally multiple decision options. Whereas, free will, to be self determined must entail external multiple options in so far as whatever the subjects state of existence is. So it's self refuting to even posit a claim because preceding factors from making internal options with the state of perfection would entail having the possibility or ability to change your state of existence 🤣
tucker.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)