• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God Exist? (2 Viewers)

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Comrade nathan said:
This is not true, some cases yes but some no your just wrong. Many people have had kids that are born disabled in some way, yet the parents have not done anything to cause this. It is just in their gen makeup.

The lady did nothing wrong. I know families who have down syndrome children. The children are sometimes in the middle, sometimes the last child some times the first. You just so wrong.

But your so simple. Your the type who has never gave a thought to life. You get scared about death and what not and since you never cared to take time to do a bit of personal research, instead you take the easy way out and read about religon. It is so much easier to just say god to every question. God caused your problems , god made that rabbit, god made that pen.

Your so simple. You remind me of david hicks. You would probaly go to an Islamic country like Iran. You would see all the womens right removed you would see people justifying everything on god. Since your not a free thinker you would accpet all of this. Then you would believe the lies they tell and would join a Maytr group and would kill yourself because you believe what they say.

Now once you read this you will say "no Islam is about peace and i follow true Islam". But the reason you are not yet radicl is because you havent had some one face to face tell you about radical Islam. Once they do you will do what you do and just agree you want ask questions and if you do then you will aggree and think how wonerful it is.

Still cant comprehend cant we. You cant understand things just are as they are, you have run off on some spiritual.

OUCH MY BRAIN HURTS CAN THINK oh why dont i just believe in god, thats a great idea.

Once again ur being rude, u cant find any answers so u result to generalisations. So how bout if I said that all those who don’t believe in god refuse to believe in god coz they’d rather not bother with religion. Arnt I generalizing?, u probably don’t agree with my suggestion but hey I just feel like classing u ppl under one big stereotype. Think bout wat ur going to say b4 u say it. Why do u continue to attack me personally, do u know me to suggest that im simple. Attack wat I say if u want but don’t tell who I am or wat’ll ill do coz that’s pushing ur limits, I wont reply to ur insults though as I wont stoop to ur level. When I refer to the presence of god I have to refer to islam coz I don’t believe in anyone else’s god and in the holy quran it says god punishes those who commit blasphemy through different ways eg: disabled children, loss of health or worse punishment in the afterlife. Whether or not u agree with this is ur problem, its in the muslism religion and its not going anywhere, complain as much a us u want

Comrade nathan

HSC
srsly what do u get out of slurring against other people? u seem to make a judgement about the characters of people u haven't met. it's easy to put down people, and that's all ur doing. u are not aruging based on facts anymore...ur off on a tangent and being vindictive.
I lost all respect for you when your tried to prove god existed because animals live under rocks. You left me no other choice but to hate you.

This thread was started by a agnostic. It was meant to be a debate on does god exist. It gets tiring when no one yet is to attack us at the same level we attack them.

So you can go get excited that at animals living under rocks and tell the parents of disabled kids that its their fault for their childs disability, when it is easily explained why this happens by doctors.

Sophie777

What is the topic of this argument again? Does God exist?

Atheists say no.
Theists say 'I believe he does.' Is that about it?

Can anyone really know he does?

Sophie777

I can't really see how there could be nothing to have started the first initial reaction...like where did the nothingness of the universe come from? The blackness... it must have been something.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Comrade nathan said:
I lost all respect for you when your tried to prove god existed because animals live under rocks. You left me no other choice but to hate you.

This thread was started by a agnostic. It was meant to be a debate on does god exist. It gets tiring when no one yet is to attack us at the same level we attack them.

So you can go get excited that at animals living under rocks and tell the parents of disabled kids that its their fault for their childs disability, when it is easily explained why this happens by doctors.
that was me who said that and not sub and for ur information, i didnt have respect for u from the beginning because u personally attack ppl and their beliefs and thats just low and cheap

sub

sophie, are u suggesting there's a higher power that started it all? ie are u an agnostic?

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Sophie777 said:
I can't really see how there could be nothing to have started the first initial reaction...like where did the nothingness of the universe come from? The blackness... it must have been something.
ok if im dumb and ur the enligtened being comrad nathan then answer her question. and dont twist my words, i didnt say animals under rocks proved gods existence. u take wat u like from wat i say and tear it to shreads. i said tell me how this animal knows wat to do?

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
sub said:
hey moonlight, hypothetical:

if someone proves the existence of god to you...would u convert/revert (whatever term the religion that u change to uses)?
I don't believe we can prove the existence of God, but as you say, if it could be done, I would believe that God exists, why wouldn't I?

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
joujou_84 said:
ok wat do u believe in. wat made u, wat made everything around u, who gave u a brain. science? well if it is then "science" is my god. i dont think ur getting the concept of god. god is the person that made u, god is the one who judges u, trials u, gives u everything u have and if that to u is science or anything else then that is ur god. i believe my god made science, all these ppl that think ur soo good making laws and finding cures for diseases, they are doing this by the grace of god. u were a clot in ur mothers stomach and now ur a grown human being, u cant know things on ur own, there is a supreme being assisting u with everything u know and that is the meaning of god. its pretty simple. wat is ur meaning of god? maybe u have a different meaning of god and this is why u cant comprehend wat believers in god are saying
I do not know what did all those things, but to infer that because we don't know, a magical supreme being must have done it all, is a bit rich don't you think? It replaces one mystery with another, just so people can feel comfortable, meaningful, loved and that their life has a purpose.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
joujou_84 said:
ok firstly wat made these amino acids and building blocks, you ur self said 'somehow created". without god to make ur parents, u are not born, therefore ur parents didnt make u, god did.

secondaly u have free will, u choose to do wat u want except god knows wat this will be, but again it is ur free will, it is not predetermined, god is not evil to make u do something then punish u. u have the free will to do as u like, god guides u, he guides everyone but if are adament to be bad that is by ur free will.
Well, incidentally, it is a hugely controversial topic in philosophy whether we have free will or not.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
joujou_84 said:
animals worhsip god too . i watch the birds when i wake up for prayer at dawn, sitting on trees and roofs bowing their heads the way we so, in perfect unison. i listen to the roosters crow at dawn, telling the animals its prayer time, this happens at exact time that the athan rings out in muslim countries, alerting ppl to prayer. they have their own kingdom, just like us. how do we know that we must eat and how do we know where to find this food. it is knowledge we aquire during our lives and without the will of god we cant do this ourselves. look at disbaled ppl (the really disbaled ones) they dont know where to find food, they dont know to eat it. these are signs from god that u should appreciate wat he has given u, coz most of us take it for granted that we have a heart, a tounge and a brain that functiosn normally.
This really puts your credibility in perspective man...

sub

hey moonlight, another hypothetical:
if u can prove that everything works when there is a god...yet, when u consider the opposite, and say there is no god, everything falls apart and doesn't work...have u, by proof by contradiction, proved there MUST be a god...hence there is a god?

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
This really puts your credibility in perspective man...
when u believe in god u will understand everything is controlled by him, as long as u dont believe in him u wont understand me. it has nothing to do with credibility.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Please, PLEASE understand we are talking about whether God exists. NO-ONE has provided ANY reason as to why God exists, all thats happening is religious people are going on about how we need to be tolerant and accept people's faith and a bunch of other irrelevant matters. The fact that they cannot give any reason for the existence of God is obviously very annoying to believers, as the following message I received shows:

philomena 86 said:
What the deal with your post on does God exist? get a life like u are all anti its a disgrace GOD EXISTS I BELIEVE IN THE LORD JESUS CHRIST SAVIOUR OF MAN KIND LOOK AT THE EARTH, CREATION EVERYDAY MIRACLES DONT PUT IT ALL DOWN TO SCIENCE ITS ALL god's creation and love for us. How can u so young be so negative and bitter at God he has given u so many gifts, the gift of life, youth, money freedom, education your very existance is from GOD so dont dis him so angrily like u ahve been so hard done by. You have many gifts given to u by God and i want u for once to stop bitching and pray fro thanx!!!!!
This is probably the 80th time someone has said "I believe God exists!" without giving any reason, and it is really frustrating. It is also demonstrative of the way religion blinds people into believing something without evidence or reason. The fact that Christians and other believers can so vehemently insist on the existence of "THE LORD JESUS CHRIST SAVIOUR OF MAN KIND" over and over without one shred of a reason is really a turn off to anyone so remotely non-religious. I think these kind of blind, empty assertions push people away from religion.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
joujou_84 said:
when u believe in god u will understand everything is controlled by him, as long as u dont believe in him u wont understand me. it has nothing to do with credibility.
When you believe in the existence of the great goat-god Gorgamel, you will understand everything is controlled by him, as long as you don't believe in him you won't understand me.

See how stupid that is?

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
I do not know what did all those things, but to infer that because we don't know, a magical supreme being must have done it all, is a bit rich don't you think? It replaces one mystery with another, just so people can feel comfortable, meaningful, loved and that their life has a purpose.
who says its to feel loved, meaningful etc....i only believe in god coz his existence to me is as bright as day. i cant deny it, evn if i tried. "wat did all those things" is wat we refer to as god.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
sub said:
hey moonlight, another hypothetical:
if u can prove that everything works when there is a god...yet, when u consider the opposite, and say there is no god, everything falls apart and doesn't work...have u, by proof by contradiction, proved there MUST be a god...hence there is a god?
Firstly, thankyou for speaking so sensibly.

But what do you mean "prove everything works"

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
joujou_84 said:
who says its to feel loved, meaningful etc....i only believe in god coz his existence to me is as bright as day. i cant deny it, evn if i tried. "wat did all those things" is wat we refer to as god.
If it's as bright as day, care to show us?

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
ok if i said the 'human existence is due to a series of chance events and progressive innovation" (im not making this up, i got it from sumwhere) who would agree with this?

sub

well...i was working on a logical way to prove god...it borrows from what other ppl have dun b4, but they seem to get stuck at about the same place i do...so i was trying to figure a way around it...
the way sort of works like, u prove that everything works if god exists through infinite regression, yet without the intial step, nothing can exist in the universe...thus isn't that proof by contradiction that god exists? that's all i was asking...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)