• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God Exist? (1 Viewer)

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
yeh i did ask u a question Vezzellda. back on like page 81............it was

"wait wait so some of u Christain ppl r saying that no matter wat sins u commit god will forgive u coz jesus died on the cross for u. then y r u alive. wats ur purpose on earth? and can someobody like answer me this time. i swear im being ignored."

it seems stupid asking it again since weve moved on from there but u neva answered it.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
They believe in the Bible first, and the real world second. If the real world doesn't fall in line with the Bible then reality is wrong, as the Bible can only be right.Creationism has everything to do with religion, and little or nothing to do with science.

Outsource an argument just like she did... very good.

Armani

Corporate Member
HSC
N/A
So Evolution is the most logical and scientific theory to explain the generation of man from Primordial Soup. Creationism is the idea that a God created Earth, the Universe and Man. Could there be a possibility that God allowed the Universe to generate through evolution, but decided to create a higher being than animals and so slightly manipulated the DNA sequence of the original of Man to create Man?

Bone577

HSC
N/A
jezzabelle86 said:
take the text out of conTEXT and your are only left with a CON

So context can explain why multiple times in the Bible it orders Christians to go murder all non Christians?
Im not saying it is imposible if you are capable of stretching the imagination and reading into things to a rediculous extent.

Armani

Corporate Member
HSC
N/A
Bone577 said:
So context can explain why multiple times in the Bible it orders Christians to go murder all non Christians?
Im not saying it is imposible if you are capable of stretching the imagination and reading into things to a rediculous extent.
The atrocities performed were in the Old Testament. You'll find many good Christians will tell you to go read the New Testament.

Jezzabelle

joujou_84 said:

"wait wait so some of u Christain ppl r saying that no matter wat sins u commit god will forgive u coz jesus died on the cross for u. then y r u alive. wats ur purpose on earth? and can someobody like answer me this time. i swear im being ignored."

it seems stupid asking it again since weve moved on from there but u neva answered it.
well just because your sins are forgiven it doesnt mean you stop sinning.. doesnt make you a perfect person. you still have evil desires, we still stuff up, and so we arent ready for heaven yet.

we live on this earth with a purpose from God, it is what we were created for. Christians have the purpose to live a life that glorifies God while they develop their spritual gifts for heaven. They have also been instructed to spread the Gospel. This is the meaning of existence while we are on earth. As christians we believe that we live in the world, but are not of the world. Our home is heaven and we want as many people as we can to come with us. Our meaning is to take people with us to heaven....

without God everything is meaningless. you toil and save and spend and in the end you are the same mound of dirt as anyone else.

Christians toil and suffer and live to bring pleasure to God. Our treasue awaits us in heaven

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Armani said:
So Evolution is the most logical and scientific theory to explain the generation of man from Primordial Soup. Creationism is the idea that a God created Earth, the Universe and Man. Could there be a possibility that God allowed the Universe to generate through evolution, but decided to create a higher being than animals and so slightly manipulated the DNA sequence of the original of Man to create Man?
uhhhh would u follow a god that didnt know wat he was doing and kept changing his mind about things..........thats speaking as though he was a human...........god is not part of the relative world.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
jezzabelle86 said:
well just because your sins are forgiven it doesnt mean you stop sinning.. doesnt make you a perfect person. you still have evil desires, we still stuff up, and so we arent ready for heaven yet.

we live on this earth with a purpose from God, it is what we were created for. Christians have the purpose to live a life that glorifies God while they develop their spritual gifts for heaven. They have also been instructed to spread the Gospel. This is the meaning of existence while we are on earth. As christians we believe that we live in the world, but are not of the world. How home is heaven and we want as many people as we can to come with us. Our meaning is to take people with us to heaven....

without God everything is meaningless. you toil and save and spend and in the end you are the same mound of dirt as anyone else.

Christians toil and suffer and live to bring pleasure to God and to show people his Glory so that they can also be saved
but the other person was saying that wateva u do on earth is "filthy rags to god" no matter wat u do it wont matter to god........as jesus has already done everything for u..............this comment does not makes sense..........u r both christians.........one is saying u should do good in the way of god..........the other is saying jesus has done it for u and u dont need to do anything............whos right?

Jezzabelle

joujou_84 said:
uhhhh would u follow a god that didnt know wat he was doing and kept changing his mind about things..........thats speaking as though he was a human...........god is not part of the relative world.
I wouldnt follow a God who didnt create me and know about me.

If God didnt make me then he has no right to rule my life.

Good thing i believe in a God that did plan me then :)

EDIT: to respond to new post...

I think wires have been crossed :) I think maybe the other person was trying to say, no one can EARN their way into heaven.
I agree. Nothing we can do can ever be good enough to EARN a spot in heaven.

but i still maintain that our actions on earth are things that God can still 'delight' when we are submitting to his ruling

Last edited by a moderator:

Armani

Corporate Member
HSC
N/A
joujou_84 said:
Say that evolution is true with current scientific knowledge. What becomes of 'us' after we have passed on from this life. Do our very beings end or do we have a soul that will transcend to Nirvana? Will it instead reoccur in this world as another being or will part of our souls be transferred to our children?

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Creation - would that be, and correct me if I'm wrong, Universe created and populated in seven days, woman created from the body of man, mankind set up as master of animals, woman led man into temptation, barred from Eden? Because that's pretty much all utter bullshit, and it doesn't take a genius to see that. Even if you accept the "interpretation" idea, that seven days means seven periods of time, it can be pretty easily proved that the universe wasn't moulded in seven distinct phases (ie, the earth was formed billions of years after the universe, yet, animals appeared only hundreds of millions of years before humans. How can both be equivalent?). All embryos start out female (hence why guys have nipples), so the Bible's got it backwards, mankind are only distinguishable from animals by a chance development of intelligence, and still possess many animal qualities (some masters, when we're basically just animals ourselves). The temptation and barring from Eden is not really disprovable, but it's still stupid. As has already been said, why would God allow the Devil to get a foothold in Eden? That's pointless, stupid, cruel and most importantly unloving, as has already been pointed out too.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
joujou_84 said:

i don't understand your question. since what's the point of life to begin with? i don't think anyone really understands the point of life, but whether your sins are forgiven or not life has still got as much point to it as it would otherwise.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
iambored said:
i don't understand your question. since what's the point of life to begin with? i don't think anyone really understands the point of life, but whether your sins are forgiven or not life has still got as much point to it as it would otherwise.
u dont understand my question...........coz my question is not directed at u........that other person Vezzellda said something along the line of she/he believes in god yet does not have to worhips him as jesus has done everything for him/her...........i was merely asking wat was their pt of believing in god then...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
joujou_84 said:
u dont understand my question...........coz my question is not directed at u........that other person Vezzellda said something along the line of she/he believes in god yet does not have to worhips him as jesus has done everything for him/her...........i was merely asking wat was their pt of believing in god then...
ok k, i see, i thought i'd try and answer your question since you said people weren't answering it :) its all good

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Armani said:
Say that evolution is true with current scientific knowledge. What becomes of 'us' after we have passed on from this life. Do our very beings end or do we have a soul that will transcend to Nirvana? Will it instead reoccur in this world as another being or will part of our souls be transferred to our children?
theres a different response to that for different religions.......i can speak for islam and say that ur soul is taken to god to be judged. ur body returns to the earth

Armani

Corporate Member
HSC
N/A
jezzabelle86 said:

we live on this earth with a purpose from God, it is what we were created for. Christians have the purpose to live a life that glorifies God while they develop their spritual gifts for heaven. They have also been instructed to spread the Gospel. This is the meaning of existence while we are on earth. As christians we believe that we live in the world, but are not of the world. Our home is heaven and we want as many people as we can to come with us. Our meaning is to take people with us to heaven....

Christians toil and suffer and live to bring pleasure to God. Our treasue awaits us in heaven
If this is so then aren't God's children ment to be the caretakers of Earth in which he created for you? Would the scientific progressions be made if Christianity was the sole religion of our world? What direction would the course of human development take if not to achieve a success and fulfillment of our desires? Each person has a desire and not all conform to the ways of God. Would these people be classified as deviants in the eyes of God?

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
iambored said:
ok k, i see, i thought i'd try and answer your question since you said people weren't answering it :) its all good
i know............annoying ppl...............they make statements and then leave :)

Jezzabelle

Armani said:
you brought up several ideas there my friend.

but i cant help you out heaps cos i dont believe in evolution....
I do know tho that Christians believe we get a new 'spiritual body' in heaven.

And i also dont believe in any form of karma or reincarnation, because this thinking does not solve anything, it only creates more problems. A murder coming back and by karma he is then a murder victim in his next life, but this just creates another muderer, to muder him, which creates another murderer... get my point?

thats why i think that the Bible's way of dealing with sin, death, resurrection and eternity is the only just, logical way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)