• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Does God Exist? (4 Viewers)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
jezzabelle86 said:
this is how i see it... (*deep breath*)

there are two roads. one leads to God and eternity and the other road leads to death and hell.
there is no fence in between
if your not on God's road
Your on the other one.
plain and simple.
I'll have to go with Monkey Butler and say - so you think that Ghandi was doing the Devil's work, aka going to hell, because he did not believe in God (even though he did more selfless good than the average Christian)?

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
jezzabelle86 said:

there are two roads. one leads to God and eternity and the other road leads to death and hell.
Your on the other one.
plain and simple.

simple question

what happens if you kill the devil?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Monkey Butler said:
EDIT: Actually, speaking about that fallen angel thing, where in the Bible does it say that? Cos I've always wondered, and never known. It's funny, even back in forced Scripture classes I was more interested in where the Devil came from than whatever the hell God has to say
Haha, so true, because while I have no idea where in the Bible it says that I didtinctly remember that turn of events.

Jezzabelle

Kwayera said:
I'll have to go with Monkey Butler and say - so you think that Ghandi was doing the Devil's work, aka going to hell, because he did not believe in God (even though he did more selfless good than the average Christian)?
(counts to 10 before she screams)

good people= heaven
bad people= hell

THAT IS BULL SHIT and until you get that concept out of your head you wont comprehend a word i am saying

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
dark_angel said:
simple question

what happens if you kill the devil?
You can't. Otherwise there'd be no Hell (i'm conjecturing) and then there'd be nothing to fear for presence of Sin, and thus 'God's Power' will diminish.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Armani said:
I God did not have desires then he would allow me to shape my own future, shape my own destiny, allow me to achieve the goals that I wish to achieve. Would he not be proud of the accomplishments I have set for myself? Is not the purpose of life to define our own existences the way we want them to? The only purpose God would serve is to provide an example of ONE way our lives should be lived. As long as we abide by these rules would we not be granted an opportunity to enter his Pearly Gates or is this not enough for him? Cause whether belief in his existence or not life goes on.
u have free will..........do as u like and reap the rewards.......or consequences of ur actions

superbird

HSC
Kwayera said:
Haha, so true, because while I have no idea where in the Bible it says that I didtinctly remember that turn of events.
There's no point you guys (athiests) referring to the Bible because clearly as you have earlier defined in this thread you reckon that it's fake.

Armani

Corporate Member
HSC
N/A
jezzabelle86 said:

Your on the other one.
plain and simple.
That is incredibly vague or incredibly straightfoward. I know of many 'Christians' whose behaviour would not be tolerated by the Christian community and yet I know of non-Christians whose behaviour is more respectable and more deserving of Nirvana yet do not follow Gods path. In saying so, even the best Christians would ultimately head towards damnation by God, even with the best intention. There are intentions to do good which result in evil outcomes. There are intentions to do bad with good outcomes. How do you justify which outcome is best?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
jezzabelle86 said:

good people= heaven
bad people= hell

THAT IS BULL SHIT and until you get that concept out of your head you wont comprehend a word i am saying
No, actually.

Christians who repent = heaven;
Christians who don't repent and everyone else = hell.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
superbird said:
There's no point you guys (athiests) referring to the Bible because clearly as you have earlier defined in this thread you reckon that it's fake.
It's still the document that Christians refer to as their, well, 'rulebook', and so regardless of whether it is accurate/fake/reliable or not, it's still relevant to the conversation (except in using it to prove God's existance, which it cannot).

superbird

HSC
Kwayera said:
No, actually.

Stop making assumptions. You dont believe in God nor the Christian faith so stop acting as if you know everything about it

Armani

Corporate Member
HSC
N/A
jezzabelle86 said:

good people= heaven
bad people= hell

How do you define a good person from a bad person? Through their intentions, actions or their outcomes? Do they NEED to believe in God to do good?

superbird

HSC
Armani said:
How do you define a good person from a bad person? Through their intentions, actions or their outcomes? Do they NEED to believe in God to do good?
Do they need to believe in God to do good? No. Do they need to believe in God to go to heaven? Possibly.
But I'll be damned if an athiest over a person who believes in God was chosen to go to heaven.

Jezzabelle

i dont get the 'christian who dont repent' line?
once you Romans 10:9 "confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead you will be saved"

once you have done this (this includes continueing to believe in your heart) you are forgiven from every sin you've ever done and will do, you dont need to continuelly repent up to your last breath....which is what it sounded like you were implying

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
superbird said:
Stop making assumptions. You dont believe in God nor the Christian faith so stop acting as if you know everything about it
I'm not assuming. That's what gets forced down my throat every day at my school (which happens to be Anglican) by the chaplain and every other Christian present at my school, so i'm assuming that that's the case. It certainatly makes more sense than yours.

It doesn't matter whether or not I believe in God or the Christian faith or not. I probably know as much as you do, perhaps more, on the subject.

Armani

Corporate Member
HSC
N/A
superbird said:
Whatever her belief, what if she decides to join Christianity based on this decision? Your directly alienation the Atheists just because they don't believe in your God.

Jezzabelle

Armani said:
thats wat my point is... 'good' and 'bad' people dont really exist in God's eyes we are all sinners, we have all fallen short. even the nicest, compassionate, selfless person is a sinner on par with the murderer in high security prison.

thats why its not about anything you've done or will do, but about your believe that God has rescued us.

like i'm heaps sorry but your sweet little grandma might not have gone to heaven like your mummy and daddy told you she was after the funeral. doesnt matter how nice she was in your eyes. its between her and God. and only he knows her decision...

on the same front.. pets dont go to heaven... sorry

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)