Does God Exist? (1 Viewer)

~Dreamer

HSC
about the hierarchy thing, what about jesus' desciples?! they were chosen to lead the people and teach them, even though they were not perfect the holy spirit dawned on them. same thing with priests.

superbird

HSC
Kwayera said:
It embarasses her because it shows that you are not above insulting people to get your (flawed) opinion across, which is decidedly Un-Christian (according to that Bible verse, which you take as law, do you not?).
Quit stereotyping Christians and get with reality. I believe in God but that does not mean I would where a halo in the streets and carry a Bible with me in one hand. Every night I pray to God and give him thanks. Unfortunately, that is probably the only moment I interact with God during my day to day activities. But that doesnt make me any less of a Christian.

budj

HSC
Assume god exists. Prove that a contradiction does not exist, or is unatainable. Or on the contrary, assume god does not exist. Prove the contradiction does not exist.

THe contradiction to god existing: Doen't it say somewhere that earth was creted in 6000 years? wtf?

Who cares about what happened in the beginning. It does not effect the future. Life exists, so what?

superbird

HSC
jezzabelle86 said:
1 Peter 3:13 - 17
Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good? 14But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. "Do not fear what they fear; do not be frightened." 15But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 16keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander. 17It is better, if it is God's will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.

I am just saying... you wont achieve much by the way you are going about it
Honestly, I would appreciate if you kept your opinion to yourself and quit quoting Bible references in an attempt to insult me

Jezzabelle

~Dreamer said:
about the hierarchy thing, what about jesus' desciples?! they were chosen to lead the people and teach them, even though they were not perfect the holy spirit dawned on them. same thing with priests.
but the disciples were directly instructed by Jesus Christ. Priests just infer things...
anyways night nights friends....
cant wait to continue this discussion tomorrow :)

Armani

Corporate Member
HSC
N/A
~Dreamer said:
I will only recognise Christianity if a friend was to discuss the terms of it, not some stranger sitting on his high horse in a building designed specifically to claim what is right and what is wrong. You have to understand the boundaries separating the two are vague. An the priest telling people this is not a discussion.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
superbird said:
Quit stereotyping Christians and get with reality. I believe in God but that does not mean I would where a halo in the streets and carry a Bible with me in one hand. Every night I pray to God and give him thanks. Unfortunately, that is probably the only moment I interact with God during my day to day activities. But that doesnt make me any less of a Christian.
I don't know where you're getting these odd statements from, because I am not stereotyping Christians. I was responding by saying she was embarassed because you were acting in an un-Christian manner.

And previous comments by you have me wondering as to that last statement of yours.

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
budj said:
Assume god exists. Prove that a contradiction does not exist, or is unatainable. Or on the contrary, assume god does not exist. Prove the contradiction does not exist.

THe contradiction to god existing: Doen't it say somewhere that earth was creted in 6000 years? wtf?

Who cares about what happened in the beginning. It does not effect the future. Life exists, so what?

yes, i think the bible contradicts itself

well i would like to know what happened?

Jezzabelle

~Dreamer said:
isnt there something about if someone slaps you on the cheek ,you turn and give him the other
Matthew 5:38 -40
38"You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.' 39But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well.

Luke 6
28bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back.

We know for certain that such a blow was considered particularly insulting. The injustice that is willingly accepted here is therefore not so much a matter of body injury as of shame. Closer look this passage deals with how one must respond after being insulted. This is not a passage dealing with what one must do when being physically attacked and having one’s life being threatened. It is, however, one that reinforces the idea that "revenge" is not to be left in the hands of the individual victim.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
budj said:

That is assuming that kingship was handed from father to son. If if it was handed occasionaly from grandfather to grandson there is a few more generations but it is flawed anyway. Except according to some Catholic guy the universe was created on my birthday.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Tim, your assertion that the Bible is nothing more than the end result of a very long game of Chinese Whispers does nothing but to reveal your profound ignorance of biblical history. Why don't you go off and read about the accuracy of the bible in comparison to other historical documents, if not surprised then perhaps at least you'll be enlightened.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
dark_angel said:
yes, i think the bible contradicts itself

well i would like to know what happened?
This is just an aside, but I am reeeally tempted to change your signature to "bibo ergo sum" :p

Jezzabelle

Asquithian said:
oh FFS stop quoting the bible - :rolleyes: -

Hows it feel to base your life on a book that was written based on chinese whispers 2000 years ago? Its not exact a womans rights book either :rolleyes:
i was answering a question in regards to something mentioned in the bible. dont be so defensive and ignorant. You just jumped in without considering that maybe i am not bible bashing, I am just responding to queries.

Furthermore, I happen to like the idea of being a submissive wife and having an honouring husband.

"The word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." (Hebrews 4:12.)

Last edited by a moderator:
K

katie_tully

jezzabelle86 said:
i was answering a question in regards to something mentioned in the bible. dont be so defensive and ignorant. You just jumped in without considering that maybe i am not bible bashing, I am just responding to queries.

Furthermore, I happen to like the idea of being a submissive wife and having an honouring husband.

"The word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." (Hebrews 4:12.)

Go make me some pie bitch.
Yes darling.

Jezzabelle

Asquithian said:
i love the christian ideal...you know the old law that by virture of being married the husband could not be guilty of raping his wife...
you referring to marriage partners not being allowed to deny each other of sex unless they are fasting for a time?

K

katie_tully

I don't comprehend the submissive wife honouring husband thing. Really I don't. I start thinking of 1953 when the wife would want to go out with girlfriends and the husband would be .. "Where are you going? Who are you going with? I want you back by"...
Followed with the expectation of dinner promptly at 5 pm, 2 sons, a white picket fence, sex on tap and he having the upper hand when it comes to decisions.

Jezzabelle

katie_tully said:
I don't comprehend the submissive wife honouring husband thing. Really I don't. I start thinking of 1953 when the wife would want to go out with girlfriends and the husband would be .. "Where are you going? Who are you going with? I want you back by"...
Followed with the expectation of dinner promptly at 5 pm, 2 sons, a white picket fence, sex on tap and he having the upper hand when it comes to decisions.
i'd rather be the submissive wife then the honouring guy in the relationship. the guy has to be ready to die to protect his wife.

K

katie_tully

jezzabelle86 said:
i'd rather be the submissive wife then the honouring guy in the relationship. the guy has to be ready to die to protect his wife.
Oh.
My.
God.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)