• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God Exist? (1 Viewer)

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
I love seeing Jesus fights :D It used to happen all the time at school - the happy-clappers would disagree with the AOG'ers, and they'd both disagree with the Catholics :D

EDIT: Err, this was meant to go after Superbird and Jezza's posts

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
superbird said:
So tell me, are you God? Because you seem to know exactly how he judges people.
That's a presumptuous statement.

I know exactly how God judges people BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT I AM TAUGHT BY THE CHRISTIAN FAITH.

Armani

Corporate Member
HSC
N/A
jezzabelle86 said:
all i know buddy is that God looks at the heart and that i can't say how he will judge,

but personally i feel that if you did that, your repentence probably wouldnt be acceptable... your heart would not be right would it?
Say I chose to assassinate a political figure for the sake and future of mankind because his actions are belligerent and by removing him i'm doing good for the people of the world. Is that acceptable?

superbird

HSC
Armani said:
Say I chose to assassinate a political figure for the sake and future of mankind because his actions are belligerent and by removing him i'm doing good for the people of the world. Is that acceptable?
Of course not. But I am not one to judge, only God does.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Monkey Butler said:
I love seeing Jesus fights :D It used to happen all the time at school - the happy-clappers would disagree with the AOG'ers, and they'd both disagree with the Catholics :D
See, that's what I find so amusing about the Christian faith - all the little sects have their own foibles and peculiarities, and they all bicker with each other, even though they believe in the same God. It's highly entertaining. (And I've seen it in action; comparing the 'opinions' of my former Presbyterian church to my Anglican school.)

Armani

Corporate Member
HSC
N/A
superbird said:
This is a forum FFS not real life. Get over it. Heaven forbid if God judges us by our actions on a forum!
A forum is a medium of representation of a person's persona and if thats all I have to go by to judge your character then you could be a better Christian. I have respect for good Christians, not bad ones.

superbird

HSC
Kwayera said:
That's a presumptuous statement.

I know exactly how God judges people BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT I AM TAUGHT BY THE CHRISTIAN FAITH.
You obviously havent learnt much at that school of yours because the Christian faith tells us NOT TO JUDGE other people. This includes assuming whether or not one would go to heaven for their actions.

superbird

HSC
Armani said:
A forum is a medium of representation of a person's persona and if thats all I have to go by to judge your character then you could be a better Christian. I have respect for good Christians, not bad ones.
sorry but reality is not all Christians are good

Armani

Corporate Member
HSC
N/A
Kwayera said:
See, that's what I find so amusing about the Christian faith - all the little sects have their own foibles and peculiarities, and they all bicker with each other, even though they believe in the same God. It's highly entertaining. (And I've seen it in action; comparing the 'opinions' of my former Presbyterian church to my Anglican school.)
So which Christian denomination is better? Can't I just read the bible and make up my own mind? Or I can start a new Christian sect that appeals to me where I pick and choose which aspect of the bible i follow and if its not in there i'll borrow aspects from other philosophical texts.... just so long as I believe in 'God'.

Jezzabelle

Armani said:
like in the old testament ... where in exodus God commands "do not murder" and then later on he exhalts David for killing Goliath?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
superbird said:
You obviously havent learnt much at that school of yours because the Christian faith tells us NOT TO JUDGE other people. This includes assuming whether or not one would go to heaven for their actions.
But that's not judging. I'm just parroting back what I've been taught by the Christain faith.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Armani said:
So which Christian denomination is better? Can't I just read the bible and make up my own mind? Or I can start a new Christian sect that appeals to me where I pick and choose which aspect of the bible i follow and if its not in there i'll borrow aspects from other philosophical texts.... just so long as I believe in 'God'.
Apparantly, that's exactly what all the Christian sects have done. ;)

superbird

HSC
Armani said:
Personally, I don't agree with the Roman Catholic denomination as such even though I am apart of it. However, in the end I still am a Christian because I believe in God, the Bible and Jesus.

Armani

Corporate Member
HSC
N/A
superbird said:
sorry but reality is not all Christians are good
By the way i'm former Anglican and I once accepted Jesus into my heart. I just find all the cheesy displays of affection towards God unbearable, and I haven't spoken to him in 10 years. I'm this close to going back to Christianity but I prefer my sitting on the fence stance.

superbird

HSC
Armani said:
By the way i'm former Anglican and I once accepted Jesus into my heart. I just find all the cheesy displays of affection towards God unbearable, and I haven't spoken to him in 10 years. I'm this close to going back to Christianity but I prefer my sitting on the fence stance.
Sorry but how does that relate to my statement that not all Christians are good?

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

fucking hell omg omg

y is there 80 emails in my inbox?

theres an email every 2 seconds!!!!!!!!!!!!1

how do u close this damn auto-reply thingy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
superbird said:
Sorry but how does that relate to my statement that not all Christians are good?
It doesn't; it wasn't intended to. He (she?) is just explaining their point.

Jezzabelle

Armani said:
denomination pfffffffffffffft.

soz. i am a Christian. not 'religious' religion is stupid. I am a Christ-follower... not a institutionalised muon. I go to a Church, yes, but thats because Church is a gathering of Christians.. thats why i go, not because i adhere to a specific creed of denomination

When you read thru the gospels you'll see that Jesus rebuked all the hierachy/denomination jewish stuff. pissed him off severly.

the Bible is truth and it outlines salvation and instructs your life. religion is set up by power figures to control the masses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)